Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved our M3 April 1st, 2016. Configured LR RWD. Received June 7th, 2018 and filed for Ontario rebate on June 10th.
Has anyone in Ontario that received their M3 by July 11th received their rebate cheque? Curious how long a wait I can expect to wait.

Our M3 was absolutely perfect, only issue was a small thumb size clip on the rear calliper that was scraping against the rotor causing a high pitched squeal. Phoned the local service centre and took it in the next day and they replaced the part within an hour. The car drives like a dream. Will never buy ICE again.

Is there a Toronto Tesla club? It would be nice to get together with other EV enthusiasts.

We ordered first week of July. So excited! In the reply email it's now week of September 4th. Couple of more weeks to go!!!! Hope everyone gets an email or call soon too.

Red Multi-Coat, 18” Aero Wheels, Enhanced Autopilot, Premium Black Interior, Rear-Wheel Drive, Long Range Battery
Ordered June 9th still nothing. 11 weeks yesterday. Emails and phone calls go nowhere, no one seems to have an answer. There really is no rhyme or reason to the way they fill orders. Customer service is abysmal!

Ordered June 9th still nothing. 11 weeks yesterday. Emails and phone calls go nowhere, no one seems to have an answer. There really is no rhyme or reason to the way they fill orders. Customer service is abysmal!

Give it a couple days ....I believe they are sending a massive amount up and since they don't have enough people to call 2,000 people at once some will be getting calls this week to confirm delivery. If they rented the international centre there are a lot of cars on the way, and Ontario is still a relatively small market.

It's also the end of the quarter, so they want to deliver as many as possible to keep the financials maximized.

It's not a guarantee, but I expect people who ordered before the July 11 rebate cancellation date will be getting theirs by the 10th of sept, and the balance of the month will be people who ordered after the 11th and/or AWD and P-AWD.

Have faith....(funny I say that, being I'm not religious...)

Give it a couple days ....I believe they are sending a massive amount up and since they don't have enough people to call 2,000 people at once some will be getting calls this week to confirm delivery. If they rented the international centre there are a lot of cars on the way, and Ontario is still a relatively small market.

It's also the end of the quarter, so they want to deliver as many as possible to keep the financials maximized.

It's not a guarantee, but I expect people who ordered before the July 11 rebate cancellation date will be getting theirs by the 10th of sept, and the balance of the month will be people who ordered after the 11th and/or AWD and P-AWD.

I ordered June 29th and got the call this past Wednesday. My rep said my M3 will be in in a couple weeks. looking like before Sept 10th. just an FYI.

Hope you are right ! Still get Nothing about my May 24th order ...

Last edited:
That's my

That's my thoughts too.

Have you studied constitutional law in Canada? I ask because your comments show a glaring lack of knowledge of what it contains. If you haven't studied it, do you even know what documents comprise our Constitution? Below is some info for you because it seems to me you need to read and learn before you post categorical statements like the one above, that are clearly and obviously false, according to our Constitution! The Courts do not get to decide on all issues -- that would make the Courts supreme and our Constitution has a check on all branches of government, including the Courts. None are supreme -- it is based on checks and balances -- especially in 1982 when Trudeau Sr. updated it. Courts must have "jurisdiction" and after that inherent, legislative or common-law authority to rule on the issue. When it comes to things like the way the government acted here, the Courts may not even have the authority to change a government decision -- because of the Constitution - that not only allows for -- but demands -- a division of powers between legislative, executive and judicial branches. To try to tell us the courts get the final say just shows a glaring ignorance of Canada's Constitution, which, it appears you do not know, is composed of some documents that you really need to read to see what they say before you post categorical statements about it.
Now, please tell me by reference to any of the Acts above that compromise our Constitution what particular clause or section you are saying the government breached? As you look for one (since it seems to me this will be the first time you read them) you will likely come to the conclusion that what was done is not prohibited by any of the documents that comprise our Constitution -- but if there is one, you can bet Tesla's lawyers will argue it and we will see what happens.

@Canuck. First of all, to answer your question, I do know the Constitution and I think it's pretty insulting of you to comment that I show a lack of knowledge on what it contains. Secondly, for clarification purposes, any LAW OR GOVERNMENT POLICY that contravenes the terms of our Charter Rights and Freedoms may be declared unconstitutional and a court can deem it unenforceable (unless it invokes a a notwithstanding clause in Section 33 which is rarely used). It is written in Schedule 1 24(1) in the Charter. I have included the link so that you may study it for yourself! By the way, I am studying law!

Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982

First of all, to answer your question, I do know the Constitution and I think it's pretty insulting of you to comment that I show a lack of knowledge on what it contains.

Sorry if the truth hurts but your comment that...

... they don’t get to decide... the courts do!

... is simply not true. Our Constitution is based on a division of powers between the legislative, the executive and the judiciary. The judiciary do not get to decide on all issues. That was false information you provided to the public so I called you out on it. Then I simply asked you to tell me what clause in the Constitution you say the gov't violated and in reply you give me a link that is useless since it references all sections that comprise the Charter. That's no help at all. You must know that?

By the way, I am studying law!

Good. I've been practicing it for over a quarter of a century. You'll soon learn that in order to debate the law (and more importantly when you go in front of a judge) to know the exact section(s) you are referring to in support of your argument when you reference an Act of government, or the name of a case or principle of law if you are citing the common-law. If you reference an Act in court, the first thing a judge will ask you is "what exact clause are you referring to?". That's my question to you and we all know you knew little about our Constitution when I asked you that. But good on you to research it now in order to reply to me. But I guess your research came up empty. So you must now agree with me that there is no breach that you can find? If not, once again, that is my question to you: What clause of Canada's Constitution (Act and section please) do you say the gov't of Ontario breached in cutting off the EV rebate? For example, if I was gay and got my EV rebate cut off because of that (only for straight people), I would sue the gov't and in doing so cite:
Equality before and under law and equal protection and benefit of law
  • 15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
Where's the discrimination, or other breach or contravention you are referring to in our Constitution regarding the EV rebate being cut off?

Any LAW OR GOVERNMENT POLICY that contravenes the terms of our Charter Rights and Freedoms may be declared unconstitutional and a court can deem it unenforceable

If you said this to a judge, he/she would say "of course we all know that. Now, what exactly are you referring to with regard to the breach? Act and section please!"

Last edited:

... is simply not true. Our Constitution is based on a division of powers between the legislative, the executive and the judiciary. The judiciary do not get to decide on all issues. That was false information you provided to the public so I called you out on it. Then I simply asked you to tell me what clause in the Constitution you say the gov't violated and in reply you give me a link that is useless since it references all sections that comprise the Charter. That's no help at all. You must know that?

Good. I've been practicing it for over a quarter of a century. You'll soon learn that in order to debate the law (and more importantly when you go in front of a judge) to know the exact section(s) you are referring to in support of your argument when you reference an Act of government, or the name of a case or principle of law if you are citing the common-law. If you reference an Act in court, the first thing a judge will ask you is "what exact clause are you referring to?". That's my question to you and we all know you knew little about our Constitution when I asked you that. But good on you to research it now in order to reply to me. But I guess your research came up empty. So you must now agree with me that there is no breach that you can find? If not, once again, that is my question to you: What clause of Canada's Constitution (Act and section please) do you say the gov't of Ontario breached in cutting off the EV rebate? For example, if I was gay and got my EV rebate cut off because of that (only for straight people), I would sue the gov't and in doing so cite:

Where's the discrimination, or other breach or contravention you are referring to in our Constitution regarding the EV rebate being cut off?

If you said this to a judge, he/she would say "of course we all know that. Now, what exactly are you referring to with regard to the breach? Act and section please!"

Please go and read my full response as I did refer to Section of the Charter Section 24(1), since you cut and pasted my message. As I touched in my ORIGINAL message on procedural fairness, there are case laws where the government has been challenged on their policies. I did not realize I had to prepare a submission.

We could argue forever on the application of the Charter in this case but I am referring to common law such as was the case Canada (Attorney General) v Mavi, [2011] 2 SCR 504. Regardless, my point is mute since Tesla is asking the court for a judiciary review proves that they obviously feel they have grounds to challenge government on their policy for discrimination. In simple terms, if the government makes decisions that are unfair then the courts have the power to overturn them.

I rest my case!

CanLII - 2009 ONCA 794 (CanLII)

I just want to know if you`re billing for all this.