Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also here was Ontario's response in Aug 21 to have it dismissed - Tesla v. Ontario - Factum | Electric Vehicle | List Price

Interesting tidbits - B/w July 11 and Aug 19, there were 175 cancelled orders and Tesla expected to deliver 391 eligible Model 3s by Sep 10 (para 31 - 34)

Interesting read, in point "22." Ontario actually argues that certain cars sold by Mercendez directly are also not eligible due to them not being sold by independent dealers. Wonder if the dealership people were talking about in Toronto is still claiming there cars are eligible.

• Disagree
Reactions: Samina
I will wait until I see a payment of 14k before I say anything. Don’t want to jinx it.

And a Hard NO Doug on 14000 beers instead of cash.
Same here.

I seriously don't understand how a buck a beer is important. If people want to drink then pay the going price... It's not a necessity. Same as smokes. Why is he not making them a buck a pack? And I'm not saying a Tesla is a necessity and the wind down is ok as long as it's fair and the leftover is put towards other environmental projects.... Not a buck a beer.

Same here.

I seriously don't understand how a buck a beer is important. If people want to drink then pay the going price... It's not a necessity. Same as smokes. Why is he not making them a buck a pack? And I'm not saying a Tesla is a necessity and the wind down is ok as long as it's fair and the leftover is put towards other environmental projects.... Not a buck a beer.

I actually think the buck a beer thing has backfired on him. It's satire now, it's the super dumb policy that's now tied to him. I'm sure some ppl appreciate the buck a beer, but I think more ppl think he's a moron because of it. He pushed it just a bit too far...

I actually think the buck a beer thing has backfired on him. It's satire now, it's the super dumb policy that's now tied to him. I'm sure some ppl appreciate the buck a beer, but I think more ppl think he's a moron because of it. He pushed it just a bit too far...

My thoughts exactly. I don't know who thought buck a beer was ever a good idea. It's probably going to be bottom-of-the-barrel offerings from manufacturers that tastes like swill. Yeah, no thanks. You get what you paid for I say!

The PC's were elected by the people of Ontario to make the rules and change them as they want. They could of just cancelled the program outright. They decided to help the dealers who were caught in the middle. Looks like they are well within law.
Hey adaptabl, why have we not heard any of your ignorant negativity today? Any reason???
Ps. See if you can edit your above post... “Looks like they are NOT well within law”

So....the government has to pay tesla 125k to cover legal fees. Thinking about that a bit, that's some damned expensive legal help. Just as a wild guess, maybe this took about 200-300 hours to prepare and support the legal action, so that's about $400-600/ hour.

Damned lawyers for tesla MUST be millionaires! :)

Oh no! That just proves Buck-A-Beer's point o_O

Are we really just in the movie inception and this is one of Dougie-boy's dreams (nightmares)? :p

• Funny
Reactions: akaluana
Most radio stations were running the story this morning. Consensus seems to be that a government response will be forthcoming in a few days. Unless of course information is leaked. Also mention of it being the inevitable outcome to a government that started with bold execution of promises despite warnings. "Let them sue us" Well Tesla did and hopefully this encourages others as well.

Wonder what the big 5 would have done...sorry customer, you are out of luck.

Reactions: haromaem
“The minister singled out Tesla for reprobation and harm without provided (sic) Tesla any opportunity to be heard or any fair process whatsoever,” Myers wrote.

However, the court will not stop limiting the transition program to franchised dealers.

“Doing that effectively reshapes the transition program and requires the government to fund subsidies to Tesla’s customers, I am not prepared to make such an order,” the ruling said.

• Love
Reactions: adaptabl
“The minister singled out Tesla for reprobation and harm without provided (sic) Tesla any opportunity to be heard or any fair process whatsoever,” Myers wrote.

However, the court will not stop limiting the transition program to franchised dealers.

“Doing that effectively reshapes the transition program and requires the government to fund subsidies to Tesla’s customers, I am not prepared to make such an order,” the ruling said.

Hmmmm....wonder what that last part could eventually turn into. So the judge said tesla was treated unfairly, wasn't consulted, but stopped short of ordering people with orders should get their rebates? Seems like a loophole the govt will exploit the crap out of....this isn't don't yet it seems....

Reactions: champion1955