Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The news is amazing for who had to cancel the long range RWD. We’ve had ours for six months now and it is absolutely amazing, and when fitted with 4 snow tires it is exemplary on icy or snowy roads. Remember that the majorly of the car’s weight is equally distributed along the whole length of the car and just under 12 inches off the ground. This creates a very stable car and the range is amazing at 500 km per charge. Even with the cold weather and the inevitable loss of range due to cold battery, heater usage etc., you’ll never get range anxiety. The cells are also the most efficient offering from Tesla to date. All this makes this model the best bang for your buck. Don’t hesitate to order. And should you be in need of a referral code to get 6 month of free supercharging, please feel free to use mine. ts.la/dan3168

wow, this is so unexpected. i had to cancel and was starting to look at other vehicles. hopefully i hear from them as well. i was planning on leasing a new vehicle for 3 years and re-visit EVs when there were more choices down the road. i was looking at the new Genesis G70. so many positive reviews online!

This is certainly a question I'd be clarifying with Tesla. Let us know how they respond.

The email seems to imply it might be ok but then speaks only specifically in regards to cancelled orders:

In late August, the Ontario Court ruled that the Government’s plan was illegal, which forced the Government to extend the EHVIP grace period to Tesla’s customers. Unfortunately, that didn’t help customers who cancelled their orders or could not take delivery by September 10.

We didn’t think this was fair, so we urged the Government to extend the delivery deadline, and the Government has now agreed.

I would certainly hope it also applies to those who had one on order but coudn't take delivery by the 10th.

The price has also increased so I'll take a slight hit there I presume so you may even fare better than I.
Haha I’m also on cancelled order and did reorder

Interesting development! Since Tesla is no longer manufacturing the LR M3, will they run a line to service Ontarians? I would think so provided there's a critical mass of ~1000 orders to convert a line to LR for a day. Otherwise I guess you'll have to scrounge for returns (rejected cars from factory defects like paint) and showroom vehicles --- which sounds lame but for a $14,000 discount, it's still totally worth it.

Tesla is continuing to manufacture the LR Model 3, except it is AWD instead of RWD. Since RWD-only config is the norm for the MR model, it should be no sweat for Tesla to produce those handful of resurrected orders of RWD LR Model 3 vehicles as needed.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
I think there are about 2 dozen in inventory in Toronto. Majority in Blue. Vast Majority with 18" wheels.

Just spoke with a DA - they do have some cars in inventory up here that they’ll use for matching orders, but not nearly enough to satisfy the number of orders they’ve gotten. As such, some orders will be fulfilled very quickly out of inventory, but most will take some time as the cars will still have to be assembled. That being said, although it’s possible that not all orders will be filled, the DA said that he believes it will be no problem to fill all the orders.

Came here to resurrect this thread and share the good news but see many others have beaten me to it, haha. Want to say how happy I am that those who cancelled can now reorder and get the incentive. Tesla really went to bat for us in this whole cancellation debacle. Granted their communication could have been better, but nothing is perfect, I guess.

I've also seen confirmation on Twitter that for those who still went ahead with their order but was unable to take delivery by Sep 10, they will also now be eligible to apply for the incentive as well. Just excellent news all around.

Unfortunate it couldn't be the "full hundred" with all AWD delivered by Sep 10 being eligible too, but this is still much better than any of us expected.

Plus, throwing my code hat in the ring too (ts.la/jason17438), for those who will be reordering, you'll get the benefit of the 6 months of free supercharging as well as the incentive.

Rationalized that at least I got the latter so not getting the former didn't matter, but now I'm feeling a little jealous, lol.

There are no H3's left in Canada apparently from what I was told so might have to go with X-Ice. Visited Oakville Tesla today and am hoping to grab a build that's in delivery but had to "settle" for the 19" wheels and midnight grey to achieve that. :)
This exact configuration was in their showroom and it does look very nice so hopefully no regrets.

Test drove one with the 19" wheels today and was fine with them. A little pricey but what can you do with limited inventory options.

My SALES guy (not DA) was under the impression that only inventory would be used, a complete 180° from what DA was telling me. So I'm not sure what to believe at this point. If only inventory, a lot of people would be left out as it's very limited and many of the VIN's are older.

He also mentioned that they HAD submitted the AWD for inclusion in the EHVIP program but it wasn't approved. (my feeling all along was that they did them in batches so it might have just been a timing issue and nothing nefarious against Tesla, but just my guess)

• Informative
Reactions: champion1955
There are no H3's left in Canada apparently from what I was told so might have to go with X-Ice. Visited Oakville Tesla today and am hoping to grab a build that's in delivery but had to "settle" for the 19" wheels and midnight grey to achieve that. :)
This exact configuration was in their showroom and it does look very nice so hopefully no regrets.

Test drove one with the 19" wheels today and was fine with them. A little pricey but what can you do with limited inventory options.

My SALES guy (not DA) was under the impression that only inventory would be used, a complete 180° from what DA was telling me. So I'm not sure what to believe at this point. If only inventory, a lot of people would be left out as it's very limited and many of the VIN's are older.

He also mentioned that they HAD submitted the AWD for inclusion in the EHVIP program but it wasn't approved. (my feeling all along was that they did them in batches so it might have just been a timing issue and nothing nefarious against Tesla, but just my guess)
Felix, did you mean there are inventory M3 cars in Oakville that people can pick?

Felix, did you mean there are inventory M3 cars in Oakville that people can pick?

According to an inventory list I saw for M3 RWD LR, there were about 2 dozen listed. Most were at Lawrence and a couple were in Oakville. Though the Oakville lot was full but not sure if that's normal or not. Never been there before.

You might want to call and ask for someone in sales, not a DA.