Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my model 3 LR RWD. There were some paint issues that was the main thing we saw. But I had 14k reasons not to reject it. It takes a bit of getting used to. It definitely feels like a sports car vs family sedan. My only concern is how it handles my 4 and 6 year old as the door handles etc aren't as kid friendly . Also my Honda Clarity was probably a bit quieter not that it is a noisy car anything. Delivery experience was great. Love the family feeling ! Also I do miss Waze and android auto integration even with Tesla's great nav. Can't wait to get more time behind the wheel!
That's awesome!

Welcome to the club - you are absolutely going to love having this car. Still puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it :).

Hope you were able to get the free supercharging as well. If not, see my immediate post above to get it. You can still have your DA add a ref code shortly after taking delivery ;).

(I just want the Elon signed WC, lol)

The call came!

- Nov 22: Ordered (again) (Black, 18" Aero, RN:xxxxx8812).
- Nov 26-29: Played phone tag with Tesla Yorkdale to make sure I was on "The List".
- Nov 29: got confirmation I was on "The List"
- Nov 30: Received email from DA (Ameena Kirmani).
- Nov 30: Minutes later got a pick up time (Dec 6 @Lawrence) and a VIN (xxxxxxxxxJF179864).

It finally feels real now!

Already got a referral in place. Couple of things.
1- Those seatbelts are not very good for booster seats, I've already ordered 3 inch extenders because I could not live with spending 2 minutes trying to buckle in reaching over a kid.
2- I didn't get EAP, so now i have a 30 day free trial. I don't think I'm ever going to use it much but I did try it on some city roads ( know its for hwy mainly), did ok but gets a bit messed up in winter with some of the lines not being defined or weird lanes. I didn't feel confident using it as it drifts a bit and then does a sharp correction. On the hwy which i rarely go on for more than 5 minutes it works better but I find unless you go for more than 10 minutes there is not much point. I'm going to try summon later, can someone tell me for my driving 95% city and 5% hwy is there any point in getting it? I want to know what I'm missing or I made the right choice. I have 30 days to decide so I'll play with it a bit more.
3- Love driving the car, kdis love the car. It has surprising grip with the All Seasons but my winters go on Dec 10.

Is there any way to control playlists from like google play music in the car?

Thanks!

Hi @mohammedessam,

I have not received the EHVIP rebate, but Tesla did NOT sign the rebate form that I submitted electronically back in June 2018. Here's the documents that I submitted:

- EHVIP Application form (filled out, printed, signed and scanned to PDF)
- Scan to PDF of Tesla Sales Agreement (Tesla signed this in 2 places)
- Scan to PDF of Vehicle Registration (both plate and vehicle portion, front + back)
- Scan to PDF of Void Cheque for direct deposit

Hope this helps.

My understanding is the new one though I'll be including documentation for the original order as well. You could also inquire @EVIP.

I would assume if you submit an application with a delivery date that is after Sep 10, they will cross-reference the "List", if you are on the list, you will get the rebate.

I further assume if they require more information, they will ask for more, or give you reason for rejection. If that happens, you will have to get them what they want.

The thing we know now is MTO knows about the situation, so they won't be surprised when they see a delivery date after Sep 10. It's pretty reassuring when I see the tweet.

Hi @mohammedessam,

I have not received the EHVIP rebate, but Tesla did NOT sign the rebate form that I submitted electronically back in June 2018. Here's the documents that I submitted:

- EHVIP Application form (filled out, printed, signed and scanned to PDF)
- Scan to PDF of Tesla Sales Agreement (Tesla signed this in 2 places)
- Scan to PDF of Vehicle Registration (both plate and vehicle portion, front + back)
- Scan to PDF of Void Cheque for direct deposit

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply
These are the exact documents that I submitted plus I've added the original order agreement from June.

Looking forward to receive the rebate now.

My previous referral code didn't go through for some reason on my order. I'm looking for someone to swap codes with (you use mine code on your order, and I will use yours in mine). PM me if interested. :)
Since you've already qualified for the signature HPWC, why not just use mine (ts.la/jason17438) and get me one step closer ;).

^^FutureElectric, you're welcome to use it too and then my quest will be complete :).

...the key is that you have to be on the 'The List'...the parameters of the list and how you get on it are somewhat of a mystery. It seems as though there are people who cancelled and who ought to qualify, who are nevertheless not on the list.

I have a friend who is looking at buying an M3. Of course, the rebate would be great.

The question I have is about these people on Kijiji who are selling their reservation and claiming the rebate is still available since their reservation was made prior to the program being cancelled.

Do you think that is right?

Thanks in advance,

Vin