Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, I don't think you can blame Tesla. It's the government that is causing this. Tesla did work behind the scenes to enable the current rebates but at this point it seems this was the best they could do. They probably had to provide a list of cancellations. If you went ahead with a purchase, the government could argue that there was no damage to Tesla since no lost sale. In the end, Tesla is suing for sales lost and unfair treatment, not your rebate.

Tesla was working behind the scenes but being hush about it and the results is most likely part and parcel of any outcome. There could be other details like damage awards that we will never know about.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can blame Tesla. It's the government that is causing this. Tesla did work behind the scenes to enable the current rebates but at this point it seems this was the best they could do. They probably had to provide a list of cancellations. If you went ahead with a purchase, the government could argue that there was no damage to Tesla since no lost sale. In the end, Tesla is suing for sales lost and unfair treatment, not your rebate.

Tesla was working behind the scenes but being hush about it and the results is most likely part and parcel of any outcome. There could be other details like damage awards that we will never know about.

I second that.

Tesla is being singled out. This is partly due to the fact it is so popular and a lot of luxury ICE sales go to Tesla. You can only blame Ford for doing that. They changed their mind so quickly. Remember, the flood gates were wide open and anybody can order on June 29 ish.

They tried everything to remove Tesla from the rebates, at the end of the day, they succeed partially.

1/ only give Tesla 5 days to deliver back in Sep
2/ no rebates for those who miss Sep. Whether you cancel or not after that, you don't qualified.

To settle the claims, they allowed those that are on the list (Sep 6) to get the rebates. If you or the vehicles are not on the list, you don't get it.

Reactions: champion1955
I believe news reports estimated it in the 200's whom cancelled in Ontario due to TeslaGate. That's about 14million USD + taxes for Ontario Gov (minus the rebate = 14k - 9.36k = 4.64k * 200 = 928,000).

Dumb move to save less than a million dollars USD in rebate payouts. Lawyers likely cost more lmao.

Just to pile it on - if those 200 vehicles (assuming all Civics and driven at the rate of 600km a week) would of reduced 2208kg * 200 = 441,600kg of CO2 (486.78 US tons of CO2) - can't have that in our over stretched universal health care system. Who the heck does the government think they are to reduce health care cost and improve quality of life for "the peeeepole".

How many of the 200 are really gong to order? Many have bought other cars or decided to buy AWD that is not part of the program.

Also in that calculation you are counting the entire HST as revenue to Ontario (9.36K). Ontario only keeps 8% of the HST. The Feds get the balance of 7%.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
How many of the 200 are really gong to order? Many have bought other cars or decided to buy AWD that is not part of the program.

Also in that calculation you are counting the entire HST as revenue to Ontario (9.36K). Ontario only keeps 8% of the HST. The Feds get the balance of 7%.

928,000*8/15 +928,000 = 1,422,933 Total. The Ontario government pays out more in office furniture waste.

As you can see, some qualified for the rebates, others not so lucky.

Your decision to go with hybrid and get some rebates may be good. With gas price below $1.00, can't complain.

M3 LR RWD owner here.

I put on Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3s from Kaltire on stock 18" aeros. They have been the most popular this season for Teslas. I will be getting summer rims (probably Replikas) in the spring.

Lots of threads floating around with tire talk.

I'm getting my Hakkas at Kaltire as well and putting them on the aero. With those tires you might as well have AWD. I would never drive any car without winters . It only takes one time to slide and rear end someone. It has nothing to do with AWD or RWD in Toronto. You either have winter tires or you don't.

Two days ago I have received a letter from MOF saying.
"Good Morning,
Thank you for submitting an application to the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program. I am writing to you to request banking information for you to receive your EHVIP incentive through an electronic funds transfer (EFT), in light of the possible delay in postal service. Please attach a void cheque or direct deposit slip.
Thank you kindly"

Did anybody else received a similar letter or maybe already got their money?

Oh, so it is advised that we bring the form for our delivery appointment?

Electric vehicles incentive program

Here is the government website.

You must have plated the vehicle on or before September 10, 2018.

Applications must be submitted within 90 days, that puts the deadline to submit the application (for that vehicle plated on or before September 10, 2018 ) to be December 9, 2018.

Vin

Electric vehicles incentive program

Here is the government website.

You must have plated the vehicle on or before September 10, 2018.

Applications must be submitted within 90 days, that puts the deadline to submit the application (for that vehicle plated on or before September 10, 2018 ) to be December 9, 2018.

Vin

Vin,

Go and read the threads since Nov 20.

If you cancel and reorder you can now get the rebates provided you and your vehicles are in the list (provided by Tesla on Sep 6).

Cheer

Reactions: champion1955