TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mpt, Jun 19, 2012.

?

This is how I'd like my Model S configured

1. No console, keep it open

84 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Somewhere for bits and bobs

343 vote(s)
    58.2%
  3. My phone needs a home

303 vote(s)
    51.4%
  4. Give me somewhere for the 'big-gulp'

158 vote(s)
    26.8%
  5. Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

110 vote(s)
    18.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. contaygious

contaygious Member

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

And this:

MandL | OCTOBER 6, 2012
    I don't remember reading this anywhere, but apologies if it's old info. On My Tesla page, status changes to "Delivered" and instead of "View Design" there is a "View Manuals" button.

Bah humbug s802 :(

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Patience, my friend! Take a deep breath, try some yoga or TM (that's Transcendental Meditation since TM, the car company is not taking care of you) :)

4. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Or maybe Tesla Meditation, or Transcendental Motors?
    :eek::biggrin:

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

#405 bonnie, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Has anyone heard anything new on this front? I have to be honest, even tho I'm on the list for Soflauthor's CCI, I'm rather digging the open space now. The only thing I'd prefer now is to have the ribbed floor and perhaps the cupholders as seen here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=7095&d=1340623341.jpg

Other than that, the cubby works well for me, and I like putting things down in the center.

7. ahimberg

ahimberg Member

Cupholders? I thought the left(front) part was sunglasses storage

8. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

I'm sure that this is being worked in the background but not a priority right now. I was just thinking the other day about how I haven't heard any whining about it since people started getting their cars.

9. SigGuy

SigGuy Member

Well allow me to whine a bit then. :wink:
    What I've learned after one week of ownership of a Performance S is that anything that is loose anywhere in the car will go flying as soon as you punch it. I keep my sunglasses in the cubby and they fly out every time I wanna have a little fun which is multiple times per drive. My phone slides back and forth and even things in the back slide around. I feel like I need velcro for everything I own so I can drive the car the way it wants to be driven without objects flying all over. Some kind of storage feels absolutely necessary at this point. Hurry up Soflauthor! :smile:

10. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Is this option still even on the table? I LOVE the matching trim lining the storage area.

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

One can hope... Tesla has been quiet, so they MAY have scrapped it, but they've also taken time to roll out the cubbies, so who knows. Don't think it's going to be free though.

12. Fedderman

Fedderman Model S 85kWh (VIN 1732)

Can someone point me to where I can find the latest status on the removable second row armrest/console?

13. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

No status update, but during my stop at the Scottsdale store yesterday, the "sales" guy said it is still coming and showed me pictures (the same as we've seen before).

14. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Cupholders still a must have here. It was 86F here today and having water bottles rolling about on the floor is a PITA.

15. Yawron

Yawron New Member

Where is the mid-console???

I dont know - went to see a S today (Oslo) and was really put off by the lacking console. Look inside of a Panamera where the console is really a part of the interior. Let us face it - even if the shift stick is not needed, we lean towards the center while we drive and would like to have a nice look and feel for our right side. The open space makes me feel strange. No balance. My other impressions:
    - Wow - what a big screen! I dont know - have to get used to it.
    - Why not a sport seats option?

These three issues were my negatives. Mostly I was very impressed by the look and feel of everything else. But you know what? The look and feel inside is really a go/no-go for a car enthusiast. I am in the thinking box: Should I accept these strange negatives in order to follow my "first mover" instinct for a nice EV? Or should I wait another year or so. Leaning towards the latter - that is so subjective we car drivers are....sorry Elon. BMW 525 xd or Tesla S - thats my dilemma. I will give it some more thought - I was so hopeful - but now strangely disappointed.

16. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Having driven my Model S for 1.5 weeks now, I personally like the open console a lot. I have the cubby already so I use that for iPhone cable and such. I don't need sunglasses in Seattle or coins for meters but those can easily go there. The only thing I want are the cupholders that are shown in the pics above. I have a simple idea but I need to prototype first. I will post if it works out.

17. Franklymade

Franklymade Member

18. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

[/QUOTE]

That rear console is #1 on my wish list. I think it looks nice and could be a decent storage option for some of the items that I like to have with me that I don't need immediate/frequent access to like a flashlight and pocket knife.

I really hope they aren't too expensive when they are finally available.

19. Bill in Austin

Bill in Austin P859 Performance

I'm not convinced that I need any sort of semi-permanent console mod; but I certainly don't like loose, messy items rolling around in the console recess of my elegant Tesla.

I've been looking for a solution; and I've finally discovered one that works very well for me.

I found this little soft tote at Michael's crafts store here in Austin, and it works perfectly. It fits snugly into the space and neatly holds glasses, pens, sticky notes, phone, and anything else I want to have within easy reach. Actually everything is much more accessible than when I had to grope around under the console lid on my prior car while trying to drive at the same time.

I hope you find this helpful.

Tote-in-Place.jpg Tote-Side.jpg Tote Label.jpg

20. GDH

GDH Banned

I need somewhere to put my Starbucks venti ice tea cup, I take it everywhere and it's huge. And we need the back seat arm rest thing, that is a must!