Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

This is how I'd like my Model S configured

• No console, keep it open

Votes: 84 14.3%
  • Somewhere for bits and bobs

Votes: 343 58.2%
  • My phone needs a home

Votes: 303 51.4%
  • Give me somewhere for the 'big-gulp'

Votes: 158 26.8%
  • Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

Votes: 110 18.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And this:

MandL | OCTOBER 6, 2012
I don't remember reading this anywhere, but apologies if it's old info. On My Tesla page, status changes to "Delivered" and instead of "View Design" there is a "View Manuals" button.

Bah humbug s802 :(

Has anyone heard anything new on this front? I have to be honest, even tho I'm on the list for Soflauthor's CCI, I'm rather digging the open space now. The only thing I'd prefer now is to have the ribbed floor and perhaps the cupholders as seen here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=7095&d=1340623341.jpg

Other than that, the cubby works well for me, and I like putting things down in the center.

Well allow me to whine a bit then. :wink:
What I've learned after one week of ownership of a Performance S is that anything that is loose anywhere in the car will go flying as soon as you punch it. I keep my sunglasses in the cubby and they fly out every time I wanna have a little fun which is multiple times per drive. My phone slides back and forth and even things in the back slide around. I feel like I need velcro for everything I own so I can drive the car the way it wants to be driven without objects flying all over. Some kind of storage feels absolutely necessary at this point. Hurry up Soflauthor! :smile:

Has anyone heard anything new on this front? I have to be honest, even tho I'm on the list for Soflauthor's CCI, I'm rather digging the open space now. The only thing I'd prefer now is to have the ribbed floor and perhaps the cupholders as seen here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=7095&d=1340623341.jpg

Other than that, the cubby works well for me, and I like putting things down in the center.

Is this option still even on the table? I LOVE the matching trim lining the storage area.

Where is the mid-console???

I dont know - went to see a S today (Oslo) and was really put off by the lacking console. Look inside of a Panamera where the console is really a part of the interior. Let us face it - even if the shift stick is not needed, we lean towards the center while we drive and would like to have a nice look and feel for our right side. The open space makes me feel strange. No balance. My other impressions:
- Wow - what a big screen! I dont know - have to get used to it.
- Why not a sport seats option?

These three issues were my negatives. Mostly I was very impressed by the look and feel of everything else. But you know what? The look and feel inside is really a go/no-go for a car enthusiast. I am in the thinking box: Should I accept these strange negatives in order to follow my "first mover" instinct for a nice EV? Or should I wait another year or so. Leaning towards the latter - that is so subjective we car drivers are....sorry Elon. BMW 525 xd or Tesla S - thats my dilemma. I will give it some more thought - I was so hopeful - but now strangely disappointed.

Having driven my Model S for 1.5 weeks now, I personally like the open console a lot. I have the cubby already so I use that for iPhone cable and such. I don't need sunglasses in Seattle or coins for meters but those can easily go there. The only thing I want are the cupholders that are shown in the pics above. I have a simple idea but I need to prototype first. I will post if it works out.

Does any one know if this consol is avelebla and or where
View attachment 6998

And opened:

View attachment 6999

More here:

Get Amped Tour - a set on Flickr
[/QUOTE]

That rear console is #1 on my wish list. I think it looks nice and could be a decent storage option for some of the items that I like to have with me that I don't need immediate/frequent access to like a flashlight and pocket knife.

I really hope they aren't too expensive when they are finally available.

I'm not convinced that I need any sort of semi-permanent console mod; but I certainly don't like loose, messy items rolling around in the console recess of my elegant Tesla.

I've been looking for a solution; and I've finally discovered one that works very well for me.

I found this little soft tote at Michael's crafts store here in Austin, and it works perfectly. It fits snugly into the space and neatly holds glasses, pens, sticky notes, phone, and anything else I want to have within easy reach. Actually everything is much more accessible than when I had to grope around under the console lid on my prior car while trying to drive at the same time.

I hope you find this helpful.

Tote-in-Place.jpg
Tote-Side.jpg
Tote Label.jpg