TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order Agreement vs Reservation Agreement

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by a.void, Jul 1, 2018.

1. a.void

a.void Member

Check if you have an Order Agreement vs. Reservation Agreement.

I placed my order on 6/27 for AWD, PUP, Aero, Red.

I waffled hard on the wheels and decided to edit the order on 6/28 AM to Sport wheels (AWD, PUP, Sport, Red)

I looked at my emails from Tesla, and I noticed the original email from 6/27 had a "Reservation Agreement" as the attachment. This was the typical Reservation message with nothing about my order details in the .pdf, however the email body did show my order.

When I edited my order on 6/28, then I received an Order Update email. This time it had an "Order Agreement" as the attachment, and it also showed the Date of the Order with Electronic Terms as 6/28 (which echoes what people shared about edits pushing their orders down in queue).

Based on my Edit and revised date, I wouldn't be surprised if you lose the unlimited Internet if you edit your order going forward. Something to consider since that may effectively cost you $100/ yr for the life of your car ;)

2. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

My 6/27 order also has a “reservation agreement” attached. Looks like Tesla attached the wrong form to the order confirmation email.

3. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

Mine had the reservation agreement attached but then I edited it twice to change the configuration and the edit button disappeared and then my modification confirmation email had an order agreement attached this time.

4. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Just checked and I also only got the reservation agreement....has anyone actually recieved the call when just receiving this incorrect document after they ordered?

5. Chris350

Chris350 Member

I got the reservation doc about 15 minutes after I finished configuration.

Got my VIN 48 hours later...

6. whatthe2

whatthe2 Member

Same here. Configured 6/28 and had a Reservation Agreement (1 Page). Changed color on 6/30 and had an Order Agreement (5 Pages).

7. webdbbt

webdbbt Member

I configured 6/30 and got the one page Reservation Agreement. I thought it was because my $2,500 deposit is still showing as a pending charge with the credit card company, or because it was the weekend. Will be checking tomorrow to see if anything changes.

8. Spudford

Spudford Member

I configured on 6/29, but opted for trade-in, which is the only line showing as "pending." All the other lines are marked with checkmarks and tagged as "completed."

I got the Reservation Agreement email, too.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that during the workweek, or at least soon, the trade-in process will move ahead, and when we've agreed on the terms, I'll earn another checkmark, and then a VIN and an appointment with destiny.

9. Padresfreak01

Padresfreak01 Member

Can you put cash for financing and still change to credit union financing when ISE contacts you?

10. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

All I have (via mail) is a generic reservation agreement in pdf, while the mail has details re: what I ordered and the dreaded "Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18".

There are no other pdfs that I can acces anywhere on mytesla.

11. SmoothGB

SmoothGB Member

I ordered my car on the evening of 6/28 and got an email immediately afterwards. After seeing this thread, I checked and sure enough, I also just had the same Reservation Agreement that I got on 3/31/2016 attached. It said my order was confirmed in the email body though. Very confusing.

I called up Tesla and they said it is a mistake on their end, but he couldn’t verify that my configuration/order for sure went through, and said he’d forward it up to a manager. He said it would be by the end of the week and I told him I’m very anxious and really hoping that I’m not stuck at the end of the line and risk not getting it by the end of the year.

Hopefully the manager has some good news for me and I don’t have to get upset on the phone.

• Informative x 1
  12. drawfour

drawfour Member

I sent them an email (no call), but haven't heard back. But given that they took my $2500, they have to have a record somewhere of the transaction, and that means they know the time, even if they lost all the details of my build (which of course, they didn't, because they show me those details on my "Manage" page). So there has to be a way to get it corrected, even if not everything is correct on their side.

• Like x 1
  13. webdbbt

webdbbt Member

Same issue, I was hoping this might clear itself up after the weekend. May have to get proactive, thanks!

14. SmoothGB

SmoothGB Member

This evening, the Order Agreement showed up on my page. Never did get a contact from anyone, and don’t have a VIN yet, but it’s a step in the right direction!

• Like x 1
  15. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

My order agreement showed up today as well.

• Like x 2
  16. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

When did you order? And what trim is it? Mine has not showed up yet. Orders June 30th.

17. webdbbt

webdbbt Member

No Order Agreement for me and I also ordered on the 30th. Maybe they are working through the backlog by order date.

18. diamond.g

diamond.g Active Member

My order agreement finally showed up. I ordered on the 23rd of May. AWD, MSM, Aero

19. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

I ordered 6/27, LR AWD + PUP. Reserved 5/17.

20. SmoothGB

SmoothGB Member

The night of June 28th.

Red
    LR
    Sport Wheels