Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Agreement vs Reservation Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check if you have an Order Agreement vs. Reservation Agreement.

I placed my order on 6/27 for AWD, PUP, Aero, Red.

I waffled hard on the wheels and decided to edit the order on 6/28 AM to Sport wheels (AWD, PUP, Sport, Red)

I looked at my emails from Tesla, and I noticed the original email from 6/27 had a "Reservation Agreement" as the attachment. This was the typical Reservation message with nothing about my order details in the .pdf, however the email body did show my order.

When I edited my order on 6/28, then I received an Order Update email. This time it had an "Order Agreement" as the attachment, and it also showed the Date of the Order with Electronic Terms as 6/28 (which echoes what people shared about edits pushing their orders down in queue).

Based on my Edit and revised date, I wouldn't be surprised if you lose the unlimited Internet if you edit your order going forward. Something to consider since that may effectively cost you $100/ yr for the life of your car ;)

I configured 6/30 and got the one page Reservation Agreement. I thought it was because my $2,500 deposit is still showing as a pending charge with the credit card company, or because it was the weekend. Will be checking tomorrow to see if anything changes.

I configured on 6/29, but opted for trade-in, which is the only line showing as "pending." All the other lines are marked with checkmarks and tagged as "completed."

I got the Reservation Agreement email, too.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that during the workweek, or at least soon, the trade-in process will move ahead, and when we've agreed on the terms, I'll earn another checkmark, and then a VIN and an appointment with destiny.

All I have (via mail) is a generic reservation agreement in pdf, while the mail has details re: what I ordered and the dreaded "Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18".

There are no other pdfs that I can acces anywhere on mytesla.

I ordered my car on the evening of 6/28 and got an email immediately afterwards. After seeing this thread, I checked and sure enough, I also just had the same Reservation Agreement that I got on 3/31/2016 attached. It said my order was confirmed in the email body though. Very confusing.

I called up Tesla and they said it is a mistake on their end, but he couldn’t verify that my configuration/order for sure went through, and said he’d forward it up to a manager. He said it would be by the end of the week and I told him I’m very anxious and really hoping that I’m not stuck at the end of the line and risk not getting it by the end of the year.

Hopefully the manager has some good news for me and I don’t have to get upset on the phone.

• Informative
Reactions: webdbbt
I ordered my car on the evening of 6/28 and got an email immediately afterwards. After seeing this thread, I checked and sure enough, I also just had the same Reservation Agreement that I got on 3/31/2016 attached. It said my order was confirmed in the email body though. Very confusing.

I called up Tesla and they said it is a mistake on their end, but he couldn’t verify that my configuration/order for sure went through, and said he’d forward it up to a manager. He said it would be by the end of the week and I told him I’m very anxious and really hoping that I’m not stuck at the end of the line and risk not getting it by the end of the year.

Hopefully the manager has some good news for me and I don’t have to get upset on the phone.
I sent them an email (no call), but haven't heard back. But given that they took my $2500, they have to have a record somewhere of the transaction, and that means they know the time, even if they lost all the details of my build (which of course, they didn't, because they show me those details on my "Manage" page). So there has to be a way to get it corrected, even if not everything is correct on their side.

Reactions: webdbbt

Same issue, I was hoping this might clear itself up after the weekend. May have to get proactive, thanks!