TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order to Delivery Time - post yours here

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bulls96, Aug 30, 2018.

1. bulls96

bulls96 Member

Hi guys. New to the forum. Curious what your order to delivery times were.

I feel I was a lucky one.

I ordered mine 8/10. No prior reservations or anything. Long range M3, sport wheels, color silver.

Took delivery 8/27. CHarlotte, NC.

17 days.

Apparently exact same model was available in their Birmingham lot.

Post if you've had shorter times. I was happy, but reading some posts about rejected VINs etc Here I was getting discouraged. Although mine had 6 miles on it when I got it.

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I bet you ordered a LR RWD car. Yep, that's the current shipping time. And that's very different from the AWD.

With all of the spreadsheets that have order in delivery times, do we really need another location?

3. bulls96

bulls96 Member

Sorry if I am duplicating this thread. If you could point me to where the spreadsheets are, will be more than happy to go there.

THanks!

4. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

Go to the main page of this forum and it’s pinned to the top

5. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

18 days. LR RWD MSM Aero EAP

6. scherer326

scherer326 Member

Ordered two days ago and Edit link is already gone on my Tesla manage page, I am hoping that means I will probably get a call or email regarding next steps, thoughts?

MSM, RWD, Aero

7. DerekS

DerekS Member

TX delivery - Reserved 5/30. Configured 6/30. Initial delivery 9/1, delayed without explanation, now 9/15 - no idea if it will hold.
    Coworker in the Bay Area - Reserved and configured 8/27, gets it delivered 9/5!

8. KevinH

KevinH New Member

I've been waiting on a LR RWD Model 3 for a year. I'm really frustrated with Tesla.

I reserved on September 2017 and placed my order on 6/27 right when it was opened to everyone to configure. Paying cash, no trade-in and I live 15 miles from the Fremont factory.

LR
    Silver Metallic
    Aero
    Black interior
    PUP
    EAP
    FSD

I did not order AWD or Performance. I've been calling Tesla weekly and they said there's nothing holding up my order and I just need to be patient. I can be patient but when people are ordering, without a reservation, right now and they will probably get the car before me it is simply not fair.

I can see why they build in batches but they should really take care of the reservation holders that put down $1000 to fund operations. Huge slap in the face. I know I won't care once I take delivery but it pains me to read these threads.

9. Benihect

Benihect Member

There are tons of factors impacting. Stay patient. I’ll tell you what has probably delayed your vehicle is the silver and the FSD.

At this point Tesla is producing mostly AWD to meet the ramp of those orders. While they may have a silver in stock they probably didn’t preload software for FSD on the batched RWD models built.

They probably find it too much trouble to go back install software, test, whatever they need to do. When they can easily ship it to someone who ordered the exact model without any rework required. I imagine Tesla is trying to make as much money possible on every built car. Reworking now to add a feature leads to more man hours spent on the vehicle.

I say silver because it seems the least popular color so they didn’t batch as many as maybe the red, msm, blue

10. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

EAP and FSD are just software changes... anyone who adds that should be able to do that before our after their car is delivered without hardware issues. In fact, if you already have AWD, I think the Performance option is just software too. If you added any of those, you might move yourself up in the queue (more margin.) In the case of color, I think that's their bottleneck ... Silver seems to be a unpopular color so production of those batches may be less frequent.

• Like x 1
  11. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

I was exactly 89 days. And if I had to do it again, I would. Totally worth it

• Informative x 1
  12. callmehere

callmehere Member

Ordered 7/18, delivered X on 8/29 yasssssss

13. jprac80

jprac80 Member

Currently @ 64 days since ordering. 36 days waiting on the "contract team". 25 days since paying in full. Still waiting with no delivery date.

• Informative x 2
  14. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Never, EVER pay before delivery.

15. scherer326

scherer326 Member

I think someone said here on the forum that in Texas you have to.

• Like x 1
  16. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

It seems that those in Texas have to pay before Tesla will ship the car.

17. Koflach

Koflach Member

I was 1 day shy of 2 months from ordering the car to taking delivery.

18. JTesmod3

JTesmod3 Member

Reserved 3/2018
    Ordered 7/1/2018

Silver
    Aeros
    Awd
    Eap

Havent heard anything...so 60+ days without any info from tesla :(