Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To keep my spirits up, I just ordered a Key FOB for my wife as she said she would like that as opposed to relying on her iphone. I wish Tesla had colors in those FOB's Might try to paint her's white to match her car. :) Suggestions?
My guess is painting it will not turn out looking very good. Plus I am not sure if it has a battery that needs to be changed. If you want to try, maybe Krylon spray paint.

My guess is painting it will not turn out looking very good. Plus I am not sure if it has a battery that needs to be changed. If you want to try, maybe Krylon spray paint.
There is a battery that needs replacement, but supposedly it lasts 3-5 years.

Personally I'd wrap it in a skin, and I'd just buy a skin for a large cell phone. If you do that, you can always remove the skin and re-wrap at any point.

I was planning on nail polish or epoxy paint. Krylon doesn't hold up as I've tried it.

I also have a Sharpie White marker pen and that works well as we put our initials on the under side of the Fobs for our MS.

I can see the lines converging if I throw my estimate history into Excel. Note, the X and Y axis are day of year (today is day 98/365 for example).
TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_8_21_12_00_PM.png

I ordered on 3/26/2021 (day 85) with a 1-10 week estimate window. My first estimate on my profile was 4/1/21 (day 91).

Attachments

• TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_8_21_12_00_PM.png
    TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_8_21_12_00_PM.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Take this for what it's worth, but I just got off of the phone with my SA and he stated that Tesla has officially issued a production halt on the Model Y. He went on to say that this likely means that NONE will be delivered in April. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Take this for what it's worth, but I just got off of the phone with my SA and he stated that Tesla has officially issued a production halt on the Model Y. He went on to say that this likely means that NONE will be delivered in April. Has anyone else heard anything similar?
My SA told me yesterday my car in factory and production expected to complete next week. So not sure who is telling the truth, but that still puts the delivery time probably end of month or May if the timeline is right.