Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup went well. One small ding in the paint that I noted with them. Appointment already setup. Everything else was pretty much perfect.

Excluding the long wait - really a nice experience compared to other ways to pickup a car!
Did you have ppf and mudflaps from factory? My ppf was on but the mudflaps were just sitting in a box in the back seat. the guy looked all confused when he opened the door and then ran and grabbed someone to put them on.

I got the text and email to schedule delivery today. I originally selected the 14th at the McAdams location but I called them and asked if I could pick it up sooner. I am now picking it up tomorrow at 1pm. I already paid the down payment and have all of the documents signed. I am ready. :)
What you paid the down already ? What if you don't like the car ? Didn't you read lot of forums where people reported they had hell with Tesla to refund their down payment if the car was rejected ? I mean 99.99 % everything will be good, but common wisdom here is DO NOT pay until you are happy with the car inspection through a detailed checklist!

Good luck hoping everything turns out well.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
What you paid the down already ? What if you don't like the car ? Didn't you read lot of forums where people reported they had hell with Tesla to refund their down payment if the car was rejected ? I mean 99.99 % everything will be good, but common wisdom here is DO NOT pay until you are happy with the car inspection through a detailed checklist!

Good luck hoping everything turns out well.
For me personally…I paid the down payment when asked. I was only going to reject the car if something was totally jacked. If I did reject the car, they had my down payment money which I could use as leverage for a replacement vehicle ASAP.

I got a call yesterday (Friday) letting me know my original order for MYLR came in and if I wanted it, I can pick it up tomorrow (Sunday 9/12). At the beginning of last month, I decided to order MYP, because of the faster deliver and, in general, the increased performance. I didn’t cancel my original order because I was on the fence between the two because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to deal with swapping out the tires every winter. Ultimately, I decided to go with the MYLR because while I’d like the extra performance, red brakes, and lights, I don’t want to think about swapping out the tires. I can put red covers on the brakes and order the performance boost for $2K. From order to delivery, 3 months and 1 week.

I got a call yesterday (Friday) letting me know my original order for MYLR came in and if I wanted it, I can pick it up tomorrow (Sunday 9/12). At the beginning of last month, I decided to order MYP, because of the faster deliver and, in general, the increased performance. I didn’t cancel my original order because I was on the fence between the two because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to deal with swapping out the tires every winter. Ultimately, I decided to go with the MYLR because while I’d like the extra performance, red brakes, and lights, I don’t want to think about swapping out the tires. I can put red covers on the brakes and order the performance boost for $2K. From order to delivery, 3 months and 1 week.
I was reading this and hoping the post would end with, “I decided on the MYP so if anyone on here wants to take over my MSM MYLR just let me know.” Congrats though!

How is everyone cleaning their Ys ?
I am going with the El Natural way. I stressed out over our Model 3, I sold my Shelby Mustang because of the stress of what happens to a cars when you use them. So we decided this:
1. I am an A hole about cars (wife decided this one)
2. I freak out over the little sh it
3. In the end, it doesn't really matter
4. I'm not going to stress myself out about it.
It's a car and we bought it to use it. We haul teenagers around for baseball so we pack the car full of crap. It's going to get scratched, the inside is going to get dirty. I put ppf on the back bumper because it gets a lot of use. I put ppf on the headlights and fog lights just because they get Fed up. Besides that nothing. I will wash it with good soap. A clean wash mitt and dry it off with a goats skin. If I drop the mitt or goat skin I'll throw them out. I'll take good care of it but to spend all the extra money for special crap seems ridiculous. We are going to use this car and I just decided that it's still just a car. We have 1500 miles on it in 3 weeks and that's just going to keep pulling up.

One of my friend ordered a black on black MYLR on 6/15. His EDD moved to October 2 - October 22 yesterday after being on 9/16-9/30 for 2 weeks. Stopped by the sales office. The usual response. He is beyond frustrated. Can't back out because he has already installed WC. His date has moved from early August to early October!

One of my friend ordered a black on black MYLR on 6/15. His EDD moved to October 2 - October 22 yesterday after being on 9/16-9/30 for 2 weeks. Stopped by the sales office. The usual response. He is beyond frustrated. Can't back out because he has already installed WC. His date has moved from early August to early October!
Dang that’s crazy. I just ordered a wall charger. I guess I got lucky waiting since it comes with a 24ft cable now.

Reactions: Funkyjuju