Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did full front PPF at Highline, which includes all the extra door edges, mirrors, etc. It was 1495 and they upgraded me to the ultra film which is nicer and has 10yr warranty. I also did Huper Optik i3 ceramic tint on all the windows including the windshield, but not the roof. I'm really happy with their work and how it turned out.
I’m heading there Friday to get mine done. They quoted me $1795 for Full Front PPF at Highline — with the 12-year warranty on the Ultra Film. Maybe that’s for something different?

Reactions: Funkyjuju
Reactions: Doc_Holliday
I’m heading there Friday to get mine done. They quoted me $1795 for Full Front PPF at Highline — with the 12-year warranty on the Ultra Film. Maybe that’s for something different?
12 year should be the reaction film with the ceramic coating on it. That’s the one I just got.

this was my quote for partial:

PAINT PROTECTION:

FULL FRONT OPTION;

Full hood, full fenders, bumper, mirrors, door cups and door edge. 1595.00

UPGRADE TO ULTRA add 100.00

UPGRADE TO REACTION add 200.00

The 12 year is even nicer reaction film I think. My understanding is that there are three levels of the Suntek and I got the middle level. I would just ask them when you bring it and they will let you change or customize any package. They also supposedly gave me a few little discounts because I did all the tint and full front PPF. If you ask they will likely knock $100 off here and there.

Let is us know how it turns out afterwards!

Edit: @Doc_Holliday I wrote this before I saw your post.

Last edited:
The 12 year is even nicer reaction film I think. My understanding is that there are three levels of the Suntek and I got the middle level. I would just ask them when you bring it and they will let you change or customize any package. They also supposedly gave me a few little discounts because I did all the tint and full front PPF. If you ask they will likely knock $100 off here and there.

Let is us know how it turns out afterwards!

Edit: @Doc_Holliday I wrote this before I saw your post.
I want to tint the front two door windows. Did you redo the tint on the other windows? If so, did you make them a lighter shade?

@Funkyjuju @Doc_Holliday your brakes are already red because you got the Performance. Any suggestions where I could get mine painted?

Reactions: tsam23
I want to tint the front two door windows. Did you redo the tint on the other windows? If so, did you make them a lighter shade?

@Funkyjuju @Doc_Holliday your brakes are already red because you got the Performance. Any suggestions where I could get mine painted?
I tinted all the windows, because the Tesla factory tint doesn't offer UV, IR, or heat rejection. You cannot make them lighter since it's a tint in the glass, not a film. I added the lightest they had to the factory tinted windows, 40%. The windshield I did 70% and the front side windows I did 20%.

My brake calipers are not red because I havea long range. You can buy covers. I don't know where to have them painted. I know @a1machinista1 was going to DIY. How did that go?

Reactions: danielshue
I tinted all the windows, because the Tesla factory tint doesn't offer UV, IR, or heat rejection. You cannot make them lighter since it's a tint in the glass, not a film. I added the lightest they had to the factory tinted windows, 40%. The windshield I did 70% and the front side windows I did 20%.

My brake calipers are not red because I havea long range. You can buy covers. I don't know where to have them painted. I know @a1machinista1 was going to DIY. How did that go?
When we decided to keep the Geminis instead of switching to black wheels we scrapped the red caliper idea. I have the pint of red POR 15 paint and brushes if you would want them for a DIY, I live in West Linn.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
Just as a point of reference: we are at 329 miles on a full charge.

Attachments

• FB4A9657-795C-4FF6-9B19-06A45C45AB55.jpeg
    FB4A9657-795C-4FF6-9B19-06A45C45AB55.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 49