Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery on my p100d today. Only got to drive it for about 30 minutes (drove right to detailer). In love. New mcu is great. Couldn’t test autopilot because hasn’t calibrated. Acceleration is just hilarious every time.

Regenerative breaking and no creep will take getting used to.

Do you all use standard or low regen breaking? Standard seems so strong and kicks in so quickly I feel like I look like a crazy person braking all the time.

I use standard. It does take some time getting used to but the trick is to learn how to feather the accelerator. There's a sweet spot you can find where the car will coast like an automatic car does when letting off the gas. Simply put, it's all about feathering the accelerator pedal. It takes time but once you get it down, it's soooo much better. One of my favorite features of the car now.

Also, I initially started with creep on so that it was one less thing to adjust to. Once I was comfortable with all the other aspects of how the car drives, I turned creep off and now prefer it that way as well.

Ultimately comes down to personal preference

• Informative
Reactions: vraev and Galve2000
Thanks guys. I will give it some time.

I just can't explain how much fun the acceleration was. I didn't really get to let it go full on because the GPS had me mostly on back roads, but there was one light at a two lane road where I put the pedal down probably half way and I was pinned to the back of my seat and at 60 mph before the person in the other lane was even through the light.

• Love
Reactions: vraev
Took delivery on my p100d today. Only got to drive it for about 30 minutes (drove right to detailer). In love. New mcu is great. Couldn’t test autopilot because hasn’t calibrated. Acceleration is just hilarious every time.

Regenerative breaking and no creep will take getting used to.

Do you all use standard or low regen breaking? Standard seems so strong and kicks in so quickly I feel like I look like a crazy person braking all the time.

I envy your 100D status. Enjoy it ;)

Reactions: sundaymorning
My wife and I visited Fremont yesterday to test drive a new Model S. Came away with a new 75D that was just manufactured in March with the latest display upgrade. It was one of only 3 Model S cars they had from production that were avail immediately. All is working great and just waiting for AP to kick in as it had 13 miles when it was sent over from the warehouse a mile and a half away.

The salesman said we were a rare couple to get a car delivered right to the factory rather than the Customer Pick Up center. And the last time that would happen, according to him. It all took less than 2 hours, start to finish and I already was driving our friends around last night. :^)

This journey all started with a $1k reservation of a Model 3 that I put down 2 years ago and backed out of 2 months back. After driving 2 of the new Model 3s and a few of the Model S cars, my wife and I couldn't say no.

Cheers,
-Dave

Model-S.jpg

I posted this in another thread, but thought I’d post it here as well.
I took delivery Wednesday night. 75D Model S, Midnight Sliver, Sonic Carbin wheels, Black interior, new MCU.
The delivery center did a good job, it was later in the evening, I think it was my DS, two techs and myself by the time I left at around 7pm. Good experience overall.
I love it so far. So damn fun fun to drive I’m finding excuses just to get out of the house!
C97E6DB2-6ACB-4E1C-B481-514023B515E2.jpeg

You guys are killing me. I hate this waiting! Do I try and forget about it for the next month or continue to drool on the forums and check my order status every few hours like a crazy person. lol
I feel the same way, everyday I watch Tesla Videos on YouTube and read forums. Can't wait till that delivery day. My DS told me looking at need May/early June. Hope that stands up and no delays. Btw has anyone seen what the white seats and black interior look like with the carbon fiber?

Reactions: Brettski
NOT my delivery, I was supercharging at the factory, but it was so funny...

Brand new Model X getting delivered, white on white. After the inspection Dad got in to drive, Daughter (5?) straps in passenger seat, squeals, pees on the brand new seat and starts to cry. Evidently too long to get the car and too much excitement. Dad gets out, walks around and is ready to yell at daughter but Mom steps between them and hands Dad the keys to their old car saying "I will clean things up on the way home, Dear". Their delivery guy rescued the situation with two cleanup guys. Mom cleaned up daughter and was gone ten minutes after the fuming Dad left.

And you think your delivery had problems!

Reactions: Joe F
NOT my delivery, I was supercharging at the factory, but it was so funny...

Brand new Model X getting delivered, white on white. After the inspection Dad got in to drive, Daughter (5?) straps in passenger seat, squeals, pees on the brand new seat and starts to cry. Evidently too long to get the car and too much excitement. Dad gets out, walks around and is ready to yell at daughter but Mom steps between them and hands Dad the keys to their old car saying "I will clean things up on the way home, Dear". Their delivery guy rescued the situation with two cleanup guys. Mom cleaned up daughter and was gone ten minutes after the fuming Dad left.

And you think your delivery had problems!

Hilarious!! I have a daughter and If that happens to me I might have the same reaction lol.

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
It's been exactly one month since I've had my car and while I love the car, the service has been substandard especially at the West 4th Ave Vancouver office.

Since the past month, I have had my car wrapped in XPEL Stealth, had my calipers painted red, put in a BlackVue dashcam, bought some 3D Maxpider mats, and bought some aftermarket highlights from RPM Tesla. My car was delivered with grey 19" slipstreams which I actually now prefer, but my order was for the silver 19" slipstreams. Today was the day I had to get my grey slipstreams swapped out for silver as per the loan agreement and also to have my badges placed onto the car again after the wrap. I don't really care about the wheels since I am installing custom AG F221 wheels when they arrive.

I arrived at 8am to have the wheels swapped and the badges applied. I have work at 12pm at the hospital about a 30 minute drive away and I let the service desk know that. I was quoted that it would take a couple of hours including pushing the newest update to my car. At 11am I was told that my car was done, but when I inspected it in the garage, the back T logo was missing. I was charged $97 for the Model S and 100D badges being applied including labour. I went up a level to let the service desk know and he asked whoever did my car if it would be a quick job. 15 minutes later he came back saying that they would be installing the T. It's about 11:15 now and I was quoted 15 minutes to install it. However, the person I was dealing with came back up to the ground floor at 11:30 saying that there would be an additional $57 charge for the T logo including labour. I was upset that I would be charged even more now for what I thought was an already agreed upon price for all the badges and labour. Finally at 11:40 they started adding the T logo and by 12:00 it was done. I let the service centre now that I was not impressed at all with the oversight and making me at least half an hour late for work. I had patients to see and I was supposed to be done at 10am leaving me two hours of buffer. I was very disappointed with the service.

It's been exactly one month since I've had my car and while I love the car, the service has been substandard especially at the West 4th Ave Vancouver office.

Since the past month, I have had my car wrapped in XPEL Stealth, had my calipers painted red, put in a BlackVue dashcam, bought some 3D Maxpider mats, and bought some aftermarket highlights from RPM Tesla. My car was delivered with grey 19" slipstreams which I actually now prefer, but my order was for the silver 19" slipstreams. Today was the day I had to get my grey slipstreams swapped out for silver as per the loan agreement and also to have my badges placed onto the car again after the wrap. I don't really care about the wheels since I am installing custom AG F221 wheels when they arrive.

I arrived at 8am to have the wheels swapped and the badges applied. I have work at 12pm at the hospital about a 30 minute drive away and I let the service desk know that. I was quoted that it would take a couple of hours including pushing the newest update to my car. At 11am I was told that my car was done, but when I inspected it in the garage, the back T logo was missing. I was charged $97 for the Model S and 100D badges being applied including labour. I went up a level to let the service desk know and he asked whoever did my car if it would be a quick job. 15 minutes later he came back saying that they would be installing the T. It's about 11:15 now and I was quoted 15 minutes to install it. However, the person I was dealing with came back up to the ground floor at 11:30 saying that there would be an additional $57 charge for the T logo including labour. I was upset that I would be charged even more now for what I thought was an already agreed upon price for all the badges and labour. Finally at 11:40 they started adding the T logo and by 12:00 it was done. I let the service centre now that I was not impressed at all with the oversight and making me at least half an hour late for work. I had patients to see and I was supposed to be done at 10am leaving me two hours of buffer. I was very disappointed with the service.

Haven't used the west 4th service center yet. I will allow for extra time at that location. Vehicles always take longer than the initial estimate. I assume they did all the work to the vehicle. I didn't know this shop did any work other than warranty repair. Post some photos after the wheels. Can't wait to see them.

Then you arrived to see your patients a half-hour late? So that's why I always have to wait forever in the doctor's office.
Maybe the service guys knew you were a doc and were returning a favor.
Other than the glam, how is the car running?
The car is running well. No issues really except that there is a slight rattle when I put my left arm on the door rest. I am taking it in to get it looked at in late May.