Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D for Sale Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went and built the same car as mine, except for the P100D.

I probably wouldn't have been able to swing that major increase in cost.

I didn't get Air Suspension and I noticed there's no way of de-selecting it once you choose the P100D.

I consider myself very lucky.
I noticed that myself. Then a couple of hours later I could de-select it. Now you can't again.

Aha, figured it out. Seems you can't de-select it in the US version of the order page, but can in Canada. Strange.

I went and built the same car as mine, except for the P100D.

I probably wouldn't have been able to swing that major increase in cost.

I didn't get Air Suspension and I noticed there's no way of de-selecting it once you choose the P100D.

I consider myself very lucky.

What was the price difference? If the 100 does come with AP2.0 it may hold its value better.

Your P85 does 0-60 in four seconds and change, the new top end is 2.5, that's a huge difference. If you spec out a roughly comparable car, you'd be looking at a 90D (no P) and I think the price will be much more comparable as well.

They haven't so much raised the price of the top end as they have added higher-end variants.
It's almost like you didn't read my very next paragraph. You even took the time to cut it out of your reply! ;)

That said, they've also pushed down the lower end. The cheaper models are more attractive than when I purchased, and a vehicle of similar speed and capabilities to my own is still about the same price.

So it's interesting to me that the top and bottom of the price scale have pushed out so far.

Reactions: jvonbokel
Maybe not, but you will probably get the faster non ludicrous P90D (3.0s 0-60 as of today)

Ridiculous. I also ordered the next gen seats and now the configurator is only showing the premium seats as the only option for the P90D. Wishful thinking that they would upgrade me to the premium seats. I will drop an email to [email protected] and ask. One can hope! ;)

upload_2016-8-23_21-7-23.png

Very impressive performance, but still light years away from the interior quality/design of a comparable MB S Class, Audi S8 or even a BMW 7 Series.

True. But the fundamental difference in how the car feels during acceleration more than makes up the difference. It's a totally different experience and I could never go back.

Ridiculous. I also ordered the next gen seats and now the configurator is only showing the premium seats as the only option for the P90D. Wishful thinking that they would upgrade me to the premium seats. I will drop an email to [email protected] and ask. One can hope! ;)

You should get the new softer, ventilated seats too, even though you can't 'select it' anymore on your old design page. Contact your OA or DS!

So last year when the P90D was announced, Elon was asked if P85D's could be upgraded to the larger battery. He said yes, but he'd wait until a larger battery was available before upgrading the P85D's capacity.

So are we going to be able to retrofit our P85Ds with this battery to get the promised 691 hp that the drive units were certified to be able to achieve under ECE R85? The P100DL will still be a bit short of that, so the new 100 KWh battery shouldn't exceed the hp limits of the drive units that came with the P85D. Without Ludicrous, we're at 463 hp. With Ludicrous, we're at 532. Still a long way to go before maxing out hte 691 hp "potential".

• Disagree
Reactions: Dwdnjck and SFPD
Loving the new car, but this paragraph, from the bottom of the press release, made me think twice. It seems a little odd, almost like they are trying to manage our expectations...

While the P100D Ludicrous is obviously an expensive vehicle, we want to emphasize that every sale helps pay for the smaller and much more affordable Tesla Model 3 that is in development. Without customers willing to buy the expensive Model S and X, we would be unable to fund the smaller, more affordable Model 3 development.

• Helpful
Reactions: faughtz
I got this email as did presumably everyone else with a P90D on order.

When the only car faster at a stop light is a million+ Spyder 914 or another Tesla P100D driver with better reflexes, the correct answer is "Yes."

Call me red light warrior. I don't mind. Now I can't wait till we see a new generation of Roadsters. It was one thing to compete with sportscars. When we get into hypercar territory .... oh man ... take my money. :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 12.31.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 12.31.05 AM.png
    483.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Shelton