Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ Battery Range @ 90% and 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 P85, ~96k miles. B pack - 208 miles @90%.

Purchased it with 75k miles, CPO. It got 224 miles @90% when I purchased it last year.

Do you guys recommend I bring it up to the Service Center? They've been great in fixing items under warranty thus far, but I haven't brought up any concerns on range yet.
As a data point, my late 13 P85+ with just over 90k miles gets ~223 at 90%. I forget the battery pack revision, but it wasn't A. Might have been D.

IMG_20190523_114814.jpg
Read through the thread, surprised I am at 272 miles/438 km rated range at 100 percent charge in a 2013 P85+, 95000 miles. Original battery, 99 percent supercharging only, usually charged to 50-75 percent.

View attachment 410946
Read through the thread, surprised I am at 272 miles/438 km rated range at 100 percent charge in a 2013 P85+, 95000 miles. Original battery, 99 percent supercharging only, usually charged to 50-75 percent.
Most of the posters are in the US. US and EU use different formulas to calculate range. You need to compare your range with other EU owners, or better, calculate your % degradation from you car's range when new. % degradation is the only number that can be compared reliably, so it's what really matters.

Most of the posters are in the US. US and EU use different formulas to calculate range. You need to compare your range with other EU owners, or better, calculate your % degradation from you car's range when new. % degradation is the only number that can be compared reliably, so it's what really matters.

Makes sense. I have just found out, my eu model was initially rated to 285 miles/458 km instead of the 265 miles for the us. Still acceptable range, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Makes sense. I have just found out, my eu model was initially rated to 285 miles/458 km instead of the 265 miles for the us. Still acceptable range, though.

I that rated, ideal or ?

I get the following for my P85+ at 90%

Ideal: 331.01 km
"Range": 413,76 Km
"Estimated": 357.48 Km

That is using the terms from the python teslascarper. Later I have to recharge it to 100 - let's see what it says then.

(Btw battery capacity is 73,5 KW according to the vitals)

A little update. "Battery charge level will be restricted" message came today - i guess a new/refurbished battery is coming my way. Old one reached about 160000 km. I have heard some tesla owners in Europe has been lucky to have a 90KW battery instead of the old 85Kw, anyone experienced this fortune? Mine is a 2013 P85+

Your post sent me to teslafi. I was well above the degradation curve until v9 was installed. All of a sudden, I was on the curve every day. My rate has leviled off to be exactly on the line. My charging went all to hell when v9 was installed. The facts seem to point to a software manipulation. I'm a geek, IT professor, this just shows that something is in v9. They stopped me from super charging from Nov till February, blaming charger office. But happened the day v9 was loaded. Now my rate of charge has gotten worse, I have called Tesla, oh it's the charger, pur BS. I used to start every charge at about 115kw, ain't seen over 100 lately. Yesterday was 70kw. My batteries are old, build in 2012. I asked about new ones "oh u will get 90, dont make 85s anymore". Friend in SF said he heard all battery packs were the same now in the S, for cost saving of making just one size fits all , and using software to set charge. I asked person at SC, can I upgrade to 100 if my pack has to be replaced? He said "that is in discussion ".