Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Owners - What Is Your Wh/mile and 90% Rated Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first got my P90DL I drove 65mph with TACC on from 90% down to 10% and got 208miles with minor elevation changes and I think around 65F.

My 90% rating is sitting at about 228/229, which is way down from when I did that drive.

My wh/mi for 6300 miles is 416, but my commute is super short so it's usually in the 500 range just getting to work (no I'm not launching at every light)

On the old system you could edit a post for about 24 hours. On this new system the time a post is available for editing is significantly shorter--perhaps even less than an hour.

I've also noticed on the new forum software that the Edit option isn't even visible if I'm in portrait mode on mobile (due to responsive design). If I rotate to landscape, the Edit option shows up.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Wow... I'm surprised at how little difference there is in rated range between my 15 month / 20,000 mile P85D and these 90s. My 90% charge usually kicks out at 225 or so - which isn't even 3% less than the average of what you fellows are showing.

The general consensus (and what I believe Tesla is saying) is that the 90s have some sort of software issue that is affecting how their rated range is displayed, but that their batteries have not actually degraded to the point that their current rated range figures would indicate. So after a software fix, the range that for now it appears they have lost will come back. At least that is my understanding of things.

The general consensus (and what I believe Tesla is saying) is that the 90s have some sort of software issue that is affecting how their rated range is displayed, but that their batteries have not actually degraded to the point that their current rated range figures would indicate. So after a software fix, the range that for now it appears they have lost will come back. At least that is my understanding of things.

That kindof makes sense. Or at least I hope so. My intent, when it comes out, is to go to a P100D or a 100D. And I really hope that the range jump is as significant as the numbers would indicate.

I don't think Tesla ever said anything. I don't think they have acknowledged that there is even any problem. Some random quotes by some guy in a service center doesn't count.

I acknowledge that I may not be completely on top of this issue, as I do not own a 90. Even so, from what I've read, I really think it sounds like several posters here have been told by their service centers that it is a software issue. That sounds like more than "some random quotes by some guy in a service center."

If it really was just one poster and one service center, then that is a bit of a different situation.

so! more experimenting is in order, but today i played with the performance evaluation mode and drove my p90d in s70 guise.
drive to work was 10 wh/m less. drive home was... 44 wh/m less. and that was not even using range mode.

266 wh/m tomorrow im going to try 70D then work my way up to the 90d. kinda cool to have your cake and eat it too :D

Reactions: Jurnimon
so! more experimenting is in order, but today i played with the performance evaluation mode and drove my p90d in s70 guise.
drive to work was 10 wh/m less. drive home was... 44 wh/m less. and that was not even using range mode.

266 wh/m tomorrow im going to try 70D then work my way up to the 90d. kinda cool to have your cake and eat it too :D
221 @90 was 226 @90 a week ago
14k miles
Ludicrous

It keeps dropping. Just talked with service last week. They suggested running a couple max charges letting the battery drain down between. I lost 5 more miles after doing that step. Will be calling service tomorrow. If it's software it is an easy fix. Which means it should have been done by now.

The car is an absolute blast.