Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pending firmware update: ? Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an update installing now... Was on 17.9.3 before today. I will go out in an hour or so and see if anything different then whats been posted here.

I am also installing an update. But I had a choice.
I could install update now, but then run the risk of it still installing when my wife needs to take kids to school.

I decided to say SCREW IT and install anyway. They'll either be late or they can drive the ICE.

At least I'll get the satisfaction of checking the update version and not be stuck in anticipation all day at work.

We'll see in about an hour...

So HW1 is already being abandoned....

I hope not, and I wouldn't necessarily interpret it that way. The way I see it, a top priority ought to be to at least achieve HW2 parity with HW1 in terms of AP, which I think is what's happening now. From Elon's previous statements, improvements will continue to be pushed to HW1 cars- apologies, don't have the source(s) offhand.

Just got the update and drove on the freeway a bit. Full speed auto steer (80mph.) Lane change with the blinker is interesting. Works pretty well, but once it hits the middle of the lane dividing line it kind of jerks into the lane. It definitely will not change lanes if it does not see a lane (which it shows now) or if the lane has a car in it that is to close. No change in speed for local roads, still 35mph max.

I did not need any calibrating, worked right away. Noticed some places where it would get confused that it does not anymore. Noticed it almost 100% of the time when there was a double yellow island where the road is flat, no curb, but they use cross hatched yellow lines between double yellows to designate where you shouldn't drive. Before this update my car would always dive into those islands in an almost aggressive way. It was always perplexing because the lines were very clearly painted. Now it clearly sees the lane and does not get drawn into the pseudo island.