Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3s have arrived at Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 31A5818F-01E0-4675-BACE-568F8D1FE963.jpeg
    31A5818F-01E0-4675-BACE-568F8D1FE963.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 90
When do they add the fugly Dual Motor badging?
Do you mean “Why do they add...”? It is to distinguish that version from the RWD version. The badge style is the same as the S/X badging. Looks fine to me. The badge can easily be removed if you want a Dual Motor 3.

If your question is, at what point in the production process is the badge added, I don’t know, but likely near the end of the final assembly line. I do not know if you can specify that your Dual Motor 3 be “de-badged”, but I believe some S/X buyers have been able to do that, or maybe the badging is removed at the Delivery Center if requested.
Do not like White Interior with Red Exterior.
I don't know that I like the Whiter Interior at all. $1500? No thanks
Fortunately for you, you can configure a 3 with the standard black interior at no extra charge. So no need to complain. Aesthetics are a personal preference. :cool:

Last edited:
Suspension looks in ‘high’ position compared to the M3 right behind this car. Elon states Performance car sits “1cm lower” than standard M3. Secretly added air suspension ?

Shipping blocks most likely. A truck full of Model 3s passed me the other day wrapped in bags and sitting with high gaps. I'm thinking they're actually starting to care about delivering these in decent shape. (No I'm not grumpy about having rock chips on my brand new car)

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Do you mean “Why do they add...”? It is to distinguish that version from the RWD version. The badge style is the same as the S/X badging. Looks fine to me. The badge can easily be removed if you want a Dual Motor 3.

If your question is, at what point in the production process is the badge added, I don’t know, but likely near the end of the final assembly line. I do not know if you can specify that your Dual Motor 3 be “de-badged”, but I believe some S/X buyers have been able to do that, or maybe the badging is removed at the Delivery Center if requested.

Fortunately for you, you can configure a 3 with the standard black interior at no extra charge. So no need to complain. Aesthetics are a personal preference. :cool:
I believeI read where thebadging for Dual Motor was applied at the delivery center.

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire