Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buyers who really got screwed were those who went “full bore”. FSD for $3,000 that has been removed and is no longer available. Then the PUP for $5,000 which is now free. That’s $8,000 UP IN SMOKE overnight. Now in retrospect seems like a “profitability SCAM”. Ridiculous. So if you went full bore there’s not much they could do to make you whole. Nor do I think they will or care.

Ski

FSD is still available, just isn't in the configurator anymore to avoid confusion- you have to contact them and ask for it. (Elon mentioned this on the call Wednesday)

Took a few deep breaths. If this move helps increase profits and impress Wall Street, then my gains in TSLA stock will more than offset the $5,000 I just "lost". At least that's what I'm telling myself right now while hoping Elon announces some sort of surprise for us early adopters. o_O

I’m heavily invested into TSLA so a few more leg ups will make 5000 a wash.

But it’s unreasonable to tie TSLA performance from the perspective of being a car owner. For yourself and other owners.

Other owners might not own any stock and other owners might have an even higher cost basis than present thanks to “funding secured”.

Last edited:
This same thing bit me when I bought my X, premium package was free a month or so later. That was an $8k hit.

Guess I'm getting lucky this round.

X owners are lower in number, less connected to news cycle and less likely to bitch.

Elon’s fracking with the millennials. He has no idea what he is up against!

Going to suggest we roll up hard on Elon’s twitter. After I hug some stuffed animals and color some *sugar* for stress relief.

Unless some orders also get the full tax credit, with white interior and the prior + package, it is effectively a $1750 sting. But then resale value. But then free supercharging.

Great for people moving forward. Not the worst for current + owners.

Would not feel great if I was a - owner. .

Reactions: Sg911
So they aren't capable of even providing the full performance package with the spoiler to people who bought it (myself included), and they have now dropped the price 5k, brutal.

@alchymia,

Exactly....not only did we pay $5K extra for something they’re giving away FREE now....we paid $5K for something we don’t even have the parts for or installed on the car yet.....they can’t even supply the spoiler to us after paying $5K and now they’re giving it away free. What am I missing?

Ski

• Love
Reactions: Sg911
@chickensworth

#punishmentsecured

854396D8-DA95-4E8A-A858-06CD83174EB2.jpeg

Unless some orders also get the full tax credit, with white interior and the prior + package, it is effectively a $1750 sting. But then resale value. But then free supercharging.

Great for people moving forward. Not the worst for current + owners.

Would not feel great if I was a - owner. .

Funny, I feel the opposite. The +package was worth almost nothing to me, now Tesla just happens to agree.

To me the only thing worse than not getting that stuff for free, would have been paying $5k for it. ;)