Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this today:
“Hello [xxxxx], Thank you for the confirmation. I have submitted the refund for $5,000 and the removal of your Free, Unlimited Supercharging. The check will be mailed to your physical address on file within the next 4 weeks. [address] Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy. Sincerely, Tesla Support | 24/7 Customer Support: 877-798-3752

Was this in reply to an email or message via Tesla.com?

For those who get the 5K refund, can you share in the future if they really took off your FUSC?

Tesla is all over of the places in rules that I wouldn't be surprised if they did NOT take out the FUSC from those who receive $5K refund.

Among those who got the delivery before this pricing change, I have a feeling some very lucky ones might go away with both FUSC and $5K

Got this today:
“Hello [xxxxx], Thank you for the confirmation. I have submitted the refund for $5,000 and the removal of your Free, Unlimited Supercharging. The check will be mailed to your physical address on file within the next 4 weeks. [address] Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy. Sincerely, Tesla Support | 24/7 Customer Support: 877-798-3752

What's the email address to make the request?

Message to Tesla:
1) P3 owners with PUP should not have to ask (or beg) for the promised $5K reimbursement. You know who they are - just do it!
2) New customers of a P3 do not have FUSC on the menu (unless they ordered with a referral code). Some old loyal P3 customers were incentivised with FUSC to order within a cut-off date (to boost 3rd qtr. results) - FUSC was on the menu! FUSC is non-negotiable! No "indian-giving". No "FUSC or $5K reimbursement" oppression allowed!
3) Since no one has now paid for PUP (Newbies get it free, PUPsters are reimbursed $5K), the P3-stealth owners paid the same as any P3 buyer - but are PUP-less! Also, P3-stealth buyers' vehicles have been obsolesced as their model is no longer offered. Also, track mode is not evident for these owners. These issues are in sore need of redress!
4) There are many easy options to remedy the situation. Ignoring customers' concerns is not one of them!
The ball is in your court, Tesla. You caused this mess, not me. I can provide you with some remedial options if you like...

:);)
Message to Tesla:
1) P3 owners with PUP should not have to ask (or beg) for the promised $5K reimbursement. You know who they are - just do it!
2) New customers of a P3 do not have FUSC on the menu (unless they ordered with a referral code). Some old loyal P3 customers were incentivised with FUSC to order within a cut-off date (to boost 3rd qtr. results) - FUSC was on the menu! FUSC is non-negotiable! No "indian-giving". No "FUSC or $5K reimbursement" oppression allowed!
3) Since no one has now paid for PUP (Newbies get it free, PUPsters are reimbursed $5K), the P3-stealth owners paid the same as any P3 buyer - but are PUP-less! Also, P3-stealth buyers' vehicles have been obsolesced as their model is no longer offered. Also, track mode is not evident for these owners. These issues are in sore need of redress!
4) There are many easy options to remedy the situation. Ignoring customers' concerns is not one of them!
The ball is in your court, Tesla. You caused this mess, not me. I can provide you with some remedial options if you like...
Are you rehearsing for a letter to Tesla, hoping they read it here, or just passive aggressive??;)

I think hard lining over the "I want both FUSC and $5k" will put you in the unreasonable category and they might ignore you.

Its not a reimbursement, its an exchange of deals: You can have either FUSC, or 5k refunded for your purchase of the now included 5k option.

I plan on keeping FUSC and not taking the exchange. YMMV

Reactions: MP3Mike
I just got the canned "suck it P3D- owner" email.

Told them they can F off. Seriously. How can they give people who paid the same price on the same day two totally different cars? At least give me the F"N STICK ON SPOILER and STINKIN' BADGES ;)

B85E095E-C352-4281-A63B-22914CF7AB88.jpeg
Looking for feedback from y'all. I want to send it to them "escalated to management". You can copy it and do the same if you like...
Here’s the response I got:

Looking for feedback from y'all. I want to send it to them "escalated to management". You can copy it and do the same if you like...

#3 isn't accurate. Currently, everyone who bought the PUO package paid $5k more than those that did not. A few of them have emails indicating they will get a refund, others have reached out with different results, and I would guess even more have no clue about this and are just enjoying their cars.

I think hard lining over the "I want both FUSC and $5k" will put you in the unreasonable category and they might ignore you.

Its not a reimbursement, its an exchange of deals: You can have either FUSC, or 5k refunded for your purchase of the now included 5k option.

I plan on keeping FUSC and not taking the exchange. YMMV
The only reason (as I see it) that FUSC was even put into Elon's either/or deal was because the Newbies don't have it on the menu. So what if they don't? That's fine. The old loyalists did have it, and chose it under Tesla's terms. That's fine too. It should not be an either/or thing.

Reactions: Perry
#3 isn't accurate. Currently, everyone who bought the PUO package paid $5k more than those that did not. A few of them have emails indicating they will get a refund, others have reached out with different results, and I would guess even more have no clue about this and are just enjoying their cars.
#3 will take some good thinking and flexibility on Tesla's part. It's in their court. Some P-stealthers are not clueless...

PS: I'm enjoying my car too. :)

Message to Tesla:
friggin pupsters lol.

Although, sure I think it would be great if tesla allowed both FUSC and PUP 5k at this point I'd just be happy with about any option other than to suck it.

I just got the canned "suck it P3D- owner" email.

Told them they can F off. Seriously. How can they give people who paid the same price on the same day two totally different cars? At least give me the F"N STICK ON SPOILER and STINKIN' BADGES ;)
Don't settle for peanuts. They know they F'd-up. They need to fix it. Some of us got screwed.
Playing nice is the way to go. Sounds like they may be choosing the wrong path... We'll see...