Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As pointed out to you at least 3 times now, you can get exactly that if you actually wanted it

Your sig says your car has been in the shop since you got it 10/17.

That is more than 30 days out of service since new.

Under CAs lemon law you can require Tesla to buy it back from you.

Then you can buy an AWD (before Nov 30) and still get delivery this year for the full tax credit.

So....you can do that- or just keep complaining without actually doing something that provides exactly a solution you claim you want.

YOU...make the call!

How can I do it?

Can anyone confirm that P3Ds are shipping from factory with spoilers and badges? I'm going to be a little pissed if the guys who paid 5k less than I did wind up with spoilers before I get mine.
Suggest you get ready for it. Once they have them, they are sure to put on new cars at the same time they send them out to service centers. If you have pup you are getting a refund so nobody paid less than you, and this seems to me like a tiny thing to get worked up over.

Reactions: Roys3 and kbecks13
Suggest you get ready for it. Once they have them, they are sure to put on new cars at the same time they send them out to service centers. If you have pup you are getting a refund so nobody paid less than you, and this seems to me like a tiny thing to get worked up over.
I'm preparing myself. I'm also not counting my chickens regarding a refund until that actually is communicated to me. So far I have zero information from Tesla on that. Not having a complete car 3 - (5?) months post delivery isn't a tiny thing. I'm a kool-aid drinking Tesla fanboy, but not oblivious to reality.

Reactions: M3_Perf
Sent an email about 10 days ago and I got this pre-backed answer. First team I hear about the Tweet Team?!

Good afternoon,
Thanks for your email, I’m sorry for the delayed response. I have forwarded your case to what we lovingly call the “TWEET Team” for processing and follow up. Over the next several weeks you may also receive emails to [email protected] from Field Teams regarding this refund.

Regards,

• Informative
Reactions: Roys3
Sent an email about 10 days ago and I got this pre-backed answer. First team I hear about the Tweet Team?!

Good afternoon,
Thanks for your email, I’m sorry for the delayed response. I have forwarded your case to what we lovingly call the “TWEET Team” for processing and follow up. Over the next several weeks you may also receive emails to [email protected] from Field Teams regarding this refund.

Regards,
Emailed 15 days and 10 days ago, called once and was put on some mystery list. It's asinine that they don't have a canned response yet.

Reactions: Roys3
Can anyone confirm that P3Ds are shipping from factory with spoilers and badges? I'm going to be a little pissed if the guys who paid 5k less than I did wind up with spoilers before I get mine.

I am assuming they are still supply limited. If they did get their supply, this would make sense. Otherwise, you would have an ever increasing back log of expensive service center visits. By putting them on new cars, they can stop the ever increasing flow of spoilerless cars. I have seen new Model 3s with the dual motor badge while I still don't have one. I'm thinking about going without though.

I am assuming they are still supply limited. If they did get their supply, this would make sense. Otherwise, you would have an ever increasing back log of expensive service center visits. By putting them on new cars, they can stop the ever increasing flow of spoilerless cars. I have seen new Model 3s with the dual motor badge while I still don't have one. I'm thinking about going without though.
That's probably the case. Doesn't make me feel much better though.

OK this may not be popular view and clearly a matter of taste ---- but to me a non-functional spoiler (or minimal function anyway) is bling that spoils the lines of the car. I also just love cars free of badges... and even free of Tesla naming (except the stylized T). Everybody KNOWS what it is. If perchance they send me either, I'll donate them to someone on the forum who wants them.

Of course, er, I am making a BIT of a bling statement myself with my silver metallic covered by xpel stealth (that's MY badging... I've got a Model P3D Stealth that screams Stealth!).

Reactions: Perry and P85_DA
Who said anything about using it improperly. I can use TM quite properly on public roads. The M3 on mountain roads without track mode has inadequate cooling. It is a must for battery longevity and to prevent acceleration limiting.

It would be nice if Tesla could allow us to enable these features a la carte:
1. Track cooling (on/off)
2. Track regen (on/off)
3. Track stability and traction control (on/off)
I don't see the problem with having 1 & 2 on, on public roads for spirited driving.

^^ This

Reactions: Perry
With my former M235i, I could choose:
  • Sport Mode which allows for some spirited driving with DSC ON
  • Sport + which allows from spirited driving and some sideways but the DSC would kick-in at some point
  • DSC fully off.
Most of the time I would put it on Sport+ to have fun but still have a failsafe in case I was being too confident regarding my driving skills :D

Reactions: Perry
Ok so I just got my FUSC off message from Tesla regarding the refund.

Getting the thread back on topic, what are those of us AWD+ cars going to do? I am not taking this laying down on principle when some have been promised refunds (PUP or PUPless or otherwise).

Ok so I just got my FUSC off message from Tesla regarding the refund.

Getting the thread back on topic, what are those of us AWD+ cars going to do? I am not taking this laying down on principle when some have been promised refunds (PUP or PUPless or otherwise).

tweet tweet and tweet. Involve Fred maybe.....even though he doesn't have AWD+ but perhaps he might be willing to tweet elon.

Partly related...

Me, on 11/15:

" .. is it true all Performance Model 3 cars will get Track Mode? I have no plans to track mine, it's a curiosity though as the increased regen does sound cool for some of the mountain roads I occasionally take"

Tesla customer support response (11/19):

"Yes it should be available now if your on the latest version of firmware. Track Mode enables Tesla's performance-oriented stability control and powertrain settings configured for track driving. Track mode is designed to be used exclusively on closed courses. To enable Track Mode for your current drive, shift into Park, then touch Controls > Driving > Track Mode. "

I am, sadly, not on the most recent software but will report back after next update..

Last edited:
Well, the reply was 11/19- a date on which the only Performance cars being made anymore were P3D+, which definitely gets it :)

That said- I expect the - will get its own version of it too per Elons tweet as soon as the programmers get around to tweaking the HW assumptions.

Also surprised the Tesla rep didn't mention how TM is explicitly disclaimed to not be intended for any public roads given the question explicitly asked about getting it for use on public roads.

Reactions: Perry and P85_DA
Partly related...

Me, on 11/15:

" .. is it true all Performance Model 3 cars will get Track Mode? I have no plans to track mine, it's a curiosity though as the increased regen does sound cool for some of the mountain roads I occasionally take"

Tesla customer support response (11/19):

"Yes it should be available now if your on the latest version of firmware. Track Mode enables Tesla's performance-oriented stability control and powertrain settings configured for track driving. Track mode is designed to be used exclusively on closed courses. To enable Track Mode for your current drive, shift into Park, then touch Controls > Driving > Track Mode. "

I am, sadly, not on the most recent software but will report back after next update..

It will be interesting to see how this plays out as the ordering page even shows that track mode is part of the PUP:
P3D+ Track Mode.png