Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, replied to it but no vin attached to the account or anything. I guess tesla got fed up from all these inquiries and decided to send out a mass text with another month+ delay timeline. Feels like the clowns are running the circus.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 1 - 3 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions.

=============================================================================================

Got my text update today 11/19. Ordered 11/01 Los Angeles
MSM
Black Interior
Trailer Hitch
Full Self Driving

To Do List After Delivery:
  • Full PPF wrap
  • Destroy the factory rubber on the twisties here in northern California before upgrading to a smaller (square) wheel setup
  • Tint job
I'm curious what other upgrades people are planning for their performance models?

I got a screen protector, sentry mode stuff (might return if they come with one), floor mats all around, jack pucks since I live in tesla hater land, tint, and partial ppf.

• Full PPF wrap
  • Destroy the factory rubber on the twisties here in northern California before upgrading to a smaller (square) wheel setup
  • Tint job
I'm curious what other upgrades people are planning for their performance models?
I have the following scheduled for installation shortly after delivery:
  • Front clip PPF wrap
  • Interior center console vinyl wrap
  • Satin black badges (front, rear, dual motor)
  • Abstract Ocean matte screen protector
  • BORINGMOD Model Y Black License Plate Frame
  • Installation of Tesla HPWC
  • DashCam & Sentry Mode package USB/MicroSD 256GB
  • Webcam cover
  • J1772 charger adapter lock
I'll have the car tinted in late spring/early summer.

Reactions: Frank N. Stein
  • Full PPF wrap
  • Tint job

I like your style! lol This week I had a "track package" PPF installed, tinted front windows, chrome emblems wrapped in matte black and ordered a winter/tire square setup. All weather mats are in and wrapped the center console and picked up a couple of jack pucks too!

I've never been a fan of tint. Curious what the practical benefits are (honestly asking, not trying to argue).

Otherwise, I'm getting mats and a screen protector. I may look at some of the performance bits eventually and hopefully some track time. If given the choice, though, I'd definitely spend track time on the bike as opposed to the car. Definitely curious in how it would perform, though.

I've never been a fan of tint. Curious what the practical benefits are (honestly asking, not trying to argue).

Otherwise, I'm getting mats and a screen protector. I may look at some of the performance bits eventually and hopefully some track time. If given the choice, though, I'd definitely spend track time on the bike as opposed to the car. Definitely curious in how it would perform, though.
IR and UV protection, privacy, aesthetics. You can also realize efficiency in range. What's your aversion to tint?