Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to demand "camera on top, media player on bottom" be retained in UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've missed that too lately. It seems like literally everything was demolished. If I could "upgrade" back to 8.1 I'd do it without hesitation. v9 has added nothing useful and removed or downgraded nearly everything else.

To answer your question, I don't think their devs have any kind of QA or testing process, it's just slap something together and let end users tell them what sucks or broke.

To answer your question, I don't think their devs have any kind of QA or testing process, it's just slap something together and let end users tell them what sucks or broke.
If they do have a process it is not catching these bugs and surprisingly they aren't getting fixed even when the service centres tell us they are aware of the issue.
When I use my MCU it feels very laggy, scrolling through song lists on screen or moving the nav map around is very jerky and it feels like it is struggling to keep up. Are we looking at a situation where the new software is beyond the capabilities of the MCU?

Are we looking at a situation where the new software is beyond the capabilities of the MCU?

No, if anything the hardware is beyond the software. They never did any optimizing, it's all still just slapped together old code. The "new" browser is still an outdated 2010 webkit which is why it stinks and the media player isn't better. Optimizing might not be as sexy as farts but I'd prefer they put more attention into the important things.

One of the things I miss in version Nein! is the separate automation on the climate control features. Before you could set one aspect in manual, say the airflow direction or AC on/off, the rest would stay in automatic. No more, they dumbed it down. It's now either on full auto or basically useless.

I can't stand the layout of the new "taskbar" either, the asymmetry when the temperatures are synced and collapsed to one drives me batty so I have them separate, and have to adjust them separately. Why is Tesla perpetually on self-destruct mode?
Dont forget that re-circ resets when you get out of the car. I hate that. If I wanted to smell your cig smoke in traffic, I'd open my windows....

Reactions: vdiv
Dont forget that re-circ resets when you get out of the car. I hate that. If I wanted to smell your cig smoke in traffic, I'd open my windows....

My fingers have been trained to automatically tap thru the icons to turn re-circ on every time I enter the car.
It's obvious v9 was written by people who have never driven a MS/X in real-world conditions.

Last edited:
My bad, fixed.
Re-circ is off by default to remind us we live in a world dominated by vehicles using 19th century propulsion technology.
I’m a big fan of re-circ for the same reason. I use it frequently in my ice cars. I don’t find that I need to put it on re-circ with the HEPA filter that my Tesla has. I’ve rarely smelled anything foul getting into my car. Except for sometimes when I carpool.

I have a question about map behavior in v9. The online PDF user manual for v9 (2018.48.12) states that green lines indicating "no traffic" will be displayed if you have the traffic button enabled:
Display/hide traffic conditions. Green lines indicate no traffic; orange lines indicate light traffic; red lines indicate moderate traffic; and pink lines indicate heavy traffic. To ensure traffic is easy to identify along a navigation route, green traffic lines display under the blue route line, whereas orange, red, and pink traffic lines display on top of the blue route line.
It has much less to say about the behavior of the satellite button, but seems to indicate that you can still toggle between vector and satellite map images:
Display/hide satellite imagery.
However, after seeing many images of v9, I've been under the impression that satellite maps are now "always on" and green traffic lines are gone completely, even with traffic overlay enabled.

Is the manual wrong? Are these still able to be turned on or off by the owner?

I have a question about map behavior in v9. The online PDF user manual for v9 (2018.48.12) states that green lines indicating "no traffic" will be displayed if you have the traffic button enabled:
It has much less to say about the behavior of the satellite button, but seems to indicate that you can still toggle between vector and satellite map images:
However, after seeing many images of v9, I've been under the impression that satellite maps are now "always on" and green traffic lines are gone completely, even with traffic overlay enabled.

Is the manual wrong? Are these still able to be turned on or off by the owner?

Satellite maps are still toggle-able. The green traffic lines are gone, however. :(

So the manual is half-wrong (with respect to these issues anyway).

Bruce.

I have to say I have all the best features of AP1 without all the inconvenience issues of the newer updates. Still on 2018.18, having not accepted updates in the last several months. At first I resisted because of the AP nagging, now I see there are many more issues. Is there anything of value new to AP1 in the newer versions other than farts and Atari games?

I have to say I have all the best features of AP1 without all the inconvenience issues of the newer updates. Still on 2018.18, having not accepted updates in the last several months. At first I resisted because of the AP nagging, now I see there are many more issues. Is there anything of value new to AP1 in the newer versions other than farts and Atari games?
I am in the same boat as you. New versions would give you pin-to-drive and maybe dog mode. Neither are worth the update in my opinion - not by a long shot.

Reactions: Blu Zap
Wait, what???
I've not been in my car for months (I'm away) ...
You're telling me V9 has rid us of "green traffic lines"?
Never thought I'd NOT look forward to getting back to my car ...
But I don't.
The green lines are gone. There's no way of knowing if a segment would have been green, has no recent traffic due to being flooded, closed, etc., or is just hasn't downloaded traffic data for that area.