Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E is finally dropping the NGOM requirement for my 3 Powerwalls setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was pretty much this same situation: 3 PW2 installed and permitted in December 2019, SGIP and PTO delayed due to NGOM nonsense.
(I had PV installed in early summer 2019 and already had PTO for that system.) I received PTO for my PW on 7/30/2020.

Now i'm facing perhaps a different SGIP issue. My installer applied for Large-Scale Step 2 and we had gone through several rounds with PG&E and I understood PTO (and the NGOM issue) to be the only thing preventing reservation of my funds; then COVID hit. My installer furloughed their entire service department without telling me and my application sat unchanged for a few months. My application says "Suspended" on the SGIP status Website, but my understanding is that Step 2 is now full. I've been dealing with a very unresponsive and unhelpful service manager. He is complaining that he can't find a contractor knowledgeable with SGIP to move my project forward. (This after telling me that residential wasn't open for Step 6 yet and all projects were on hold.)

So I'm curious how your delay on PTO has impacted your SGIP application, if you are still on Step 2 and what your current status is at the moment. I tried calling the PG&E solar center and was told I can't talk to a live person from SGIP. I emailed them and got an auto-reply that they are reading emails from about a month ago... Not a happy camper since my incentive was estimated at about 10k.

Sent you a PM. Might have some info for you in this regards that could help get your rebate back on track.

From the SGIP reservation approval date I believe. You got some letter from SGIP saying you were approved for funds, that should be your drop dead date, 1 year later. It can probably be extended with good reason given, COVID would likely qualify.

My application code shows RRF Suspended but nothing in the canceled data.

I have multiple emails asking for Clarification / Correction of information that include this line: Once the RRF is approved, you will receive a Reservation Notice Letter (Conditional or Confirmed). Important: incentive funds for this project are only reserved once you have received this Reservation Notice Letter.

My understanding was that the very last one of these was just the NGOM issue. We have since received PTO and the service manager says he has uploaded PTO information to my SGIP file. I have no way to verify this or know what will happen to my file.

My application code shows RRF Suspended but nothing in the canceled data.

I have multiple emails asking for Clarification / Correction of information that include this line: Once the RRF is approved, you will receive a Reservation Notice Letter (Conditional or Confirmed). Important: incentive funds for this project are only reserved once you have received this Reservation Notice Letter.

My understanding was that the very last one of these was just the NGOM issue. We have since received PTO and the service manager says he has uploaded PTO information to my SGIP file. I have no way to verify this or know what will happen to my file.

I wish i could help more, but I don't have more good information. Hopefully what @bkp_duke sent is helpful.

My installer just let me know they are hiring back the person they furloughed as a subcontractor.
So there's hope that my SGIP file will get movement yet.

I have still yet to hear back from my email to PG&E, though it's likely that they are getting close to my email dates if the same lag time exist.
At the time it was over a month.

Reactions: bkp_duke
My installer just let me know they are hiring back the person they furloughed as a subcontractor.

I have still yet to hear back from my email to PG&E, though it's likely that they are getting close to my email dates if the same lag time exist.

Glad to hear, hope it all works out It would suck to lose out on that cash.

To help avoid any surprises for you like I got, I think the SGIP dept will need a Powerwalls "discharge report" sent to them from Tesla. That's the round that I just went through last week and I was told the following from TRCCompanies about what happens next for my Step2 rebate:
"We submit an Inspection Report to PG&E which includes our findings of the inspection and discharge data review. Then PG&E reviews the report and processes your ICF for payment." We'll see how long before the ICF is processed. Ours has already passed the onsite inspection ~3 months ago.

Not sure when my rebate funds reservation expires but I just emailed TRC and our installer to check.

Let's keep each other posted on the step2 progress we make...not many seem to be on the large scale step2 program so we can co-miserate, uhm I mean, support each other. :)

I got another one of the "The SGIP Reservation Request Form application package for... is currently under review by Pacific Gas and Electric." email on 10/15

SGIP page now reads: Status: RRF Technical Review

Thanks for the heads up on the Tesla report. I used a certified third party installer. If you did also, did you go through them or direct to Tesla for the report?

Fingers Crossed!

I got another one of the "The SGIP Reservation Request Form application package for... is currently under review by Pacific Gas and Electric." email on 10/15

SGIP page now reads: Status: RRF Technical Review

Thanks for the heads up on the Tesla report. I used a certified third party installer. If you did also, did you go through them or direct to Tesla for the report?

Fingers Crossed!

My 3rd party installer got the report from Tesla and sent it to TRC, who is suppose to package everything up together and send it to PG&E soon. This is the message I got today from them:
"I went to the SGIP portal for your application, and your original reservation confirmation expiration date is 3/27/2021. However, your close to the finish line with your application because once Jose turns in your inspection report to PG&E and SGIP; and the report is reviewed you will get the notification about the rebate check being in the mail."

So sounds like I'm in the final stages, but if the whole SGIP process has taught me anything, it's NOT to hold my breath. Good luck. I didn't even know there was a SGIP page that provided one with their status.

Reactions: MJ_CA_2019
I'm not surprised that PG&E uses an outside company for the SGIP applications but it's the first time i've heard of it. Any replies that can be attributed to an individual person have been listed as PG&E folks.
I assumed they meant that Sunworks hires TRC to do the SGIP applications and paperwork.

It does take more than one full time position at our company to handle interconnections and SGIP, but we prefer to handle it in house.

• Helpful
Reactions: MJ_CA_2019
I assumed they meant that Sunworks hires TRC to do the SGIP applications and paperwork.

It does take more than one full time position at our company to handle interconnections and SGIP, but we prefer to handle it in house.

I think you are right there Vines... and my 3rd party installer only had one person who they furloughed at the beginning of COVID.
Ironically they have now hired her back as a contractor; so I hope she's getting a good rate from them to make up for the lost time. :)

I think you are right there Vines... and my 3rd party installer only had one person who they furloughed at the beginning of COVID.
Ironically they have now hired her back as a contractor; so I hope she's getting a good rate from them to make up for the lost time. :)
But she gets no benefits as a contractor. Hopefully, the increased rate compensates for this.

latest update from PG&E as of today, 11/9: "...Once we approve the ICF, you will receive a Pending Payment notice. From that point, it takes about 30 day to cut and deliver the incentive check."

Anyone know how long PG&E's been taking to approve ICFs nowadays? Mine was submitted a couple of weeks ago now.