Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up new MS, rear-ended the next day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to be a venting session. I need consoling and uplifting words.

Picked up my new car yesterday at Buena Park. So beautiful. No issues, fitment is perfect, drive is perfect. Amazing. I feel happier than when my child was born.

Drove around yesterday, visited friends, then went home. This morning, I went to get a haircut. Sitting at red light about to make a left turn.

BOOM

Rear ended by a douchebag a-hole idiot cockroach piece of crap in his Escalade.

It's been less than 24 hours. I'm at a level of pissed I've honestly not experienced before. I'm livid, don't know what to do for the rest of the day other than being pissed, and my neck hurts.

=(

I absolutely feel for you. I would be out of my mind. Glad you seem to be OK physically (get checked). I too, as many have said,would attempt to receive nothing less than a REPLACEMENT, not a fix. It is just not fair to you. You will have the loss/depreciation for life of the vehicle. IF a lease, that may take some of the sting out if not replaced, but still not what I'd want or settle for. I think getting legal help is called for. It may cost some $, but you may make out better and get a replacement rather than a fixer.

I have had my MS60 only a week and had too many close calls. It's as if my car is invisible. Here in FLorida, very few drivers are insured, and almost none have enough. One of the worst states to drive in.

I really, really hope you get a NEW car. Best to you.

M

Reactions: tchockie
thanks fellas. my wife tells me that words of affirmation is my love language so your kinds words definitely help and give me strength to fight to the end. I have a lawyer on retainer so will have legal backup going in. I'm already picking out the color for my new replacement tesla LOL (midnight silver?)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the insights and comments. I've been in my share of accidents and definitely thankful for safety. I'm ok, and I'm alive, I'm feeling much more calm than a few hours ago.

I took a nap and boy is my neck stiff. It was such a surprising impact that my body was kinda thrown all over the place.

I'm going to talk to both insurance companies tomorrow as well as my attorney. Yea I definitely don't want this car fixed. I want a new one.

Just a word of advice, do not give any updates on your medical condition in a public forum. Should this go trial in a PI case the other guy's lawyers will find your posts and use them against you in ways you can't possibly fathom.

A replacement vehicle is the only possible option in this scenario. I would accept nothing less.

I felt really bad for the OP when I read this thread this morning. Then this afternoon I get rear-ended myself having my P85D for only 2 weeks. Very sad.

Funny thing is the person that hit me (I was just sitting still at the lights) worked at the police station where we had to report the accident. Surreal.

Reactions: tchockie