Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid - anyone else waiting for their's ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My father ordered his as soon as you could put a deposit down … still no word.

If you order a Plaid on say the German site it’s saying delivery Dec 22 - Feb 23, so they’re finally shipping left hand drives to Europe. Just no word on UK. You can’t order in republic Ireland either for example who are left hand drive like us.

• Informative
Reactions: PV4EV
Cybertruck will never pass Euro NCAP testing (Vulnerable Road User at least, maybe more) and thus won't be sold over here.

Giant slab of solid steel with jutting angles would straight up murder anything it comes into contact with.

I was at Dartford Tesla Body Shop this morning. The guy I spoke to said they’re due immanently.

They had a Plaid Model X there this morning (left hand drive from the Netherlands) and he reckons the right hand drive models are already produced and ready to go.

Cybertruck will never pass Euro NCAP testing (Vulnerable Road User at least, maybe more) and thus won't be sold over here.

Giant slab of solid steel with jutting angles would straight up murder anything it comes into contact with.
With the variable success of the wipers it might cause a vision issue removing the entrails.

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel

Pedestrians wouldn't fare well if hit by any vehicle as large as the Cybertruck due to their mass. Vans don't tend to perform well for pedestrian safety either, but they're not illegal. Maybe extra penalisation for the Cybertruck for slow speed impact, but marks are gained for AEB which Tesla always scores well for.

I was at Dartford Tesla Body Shop this morning. The guy I spoke to said they’re due immanently.

They had a Plaid Model X there this morning (left hand drive from the Netherlands) and he reckons the right hand drive models are already produced and ready to go.

Really? The first I've heard of that. Exciting if true.

Last edited:
Pedestrians wouldn't fare well if hit by any vehicle as large as the Cybertruck due to their mass. Vans don't tend to perform well for pedestrian safety either, but they're not illegal. Maybe extra penalisation for the Cybertruck for slow speed impact, but marks are gained for AEB which Tesla always scores well for.

Really? The first I've heard of that. Exciting if true.
I swapped my 2019 X for a more recent lower mileage 2020 one at Northampton SC a couple of weeks ago after being informed that the S Plaid I ordered on the day they went on sale 2+ years ago would be at least mid-2023 RHD version. Hopefully worth the lengthy wait which I’m now used to after also placing an order for a new Roadster on the day they too went on sale!

Reactions: EVMeister