Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ reservation holders: what is Tesla telling you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a similar email and spoke to my local rep/manager. According to them, they received an email from corporate - FSD and other items— the original pricing will be honored when final payment is due 72 hours before delivery.

Hopefully that’s how it will be....
Thank you for that I almost forgot about the Black and white interior option was $1500 even on my Agreement when ordered will check with my advisor as well if she can have that adjusted. They still have not adjusted my FSD it still shows 10k instead of 8

By the way I also got an updated agreement today but nothing changed except few hours later my delivery estimate is now July :)

Husker,
I see that you got them to remove the 1k order fee, which originally was a deposit fee which should of been applied towards the down payment. Not an extra fee.
I was wondering about that $1000 order “fee” as well. In my previous two Tesla purchases they were down payments that went toward the price of the car. Did that change in the last couple of years?

Edit: I see a $1000 order fee in my new MVOA, but the pricing breakdown on my account page for the Plaid order shower a $100 order fee… confused.

I ordered a “+” because the range is important to me. I never received a call about the model cancellation but I’m not interested in just a plaid. It’s an entirely different car in my opinion. I tried to get a refund of my $1000 online and ultimately got to a message that it’s NOT refundable.
Does anyone have any suggestions of who I can call or contact to get a refund? It doesn’t seem reasonable to twist my arm to buy an different model than the one I ordered.

Attachments

• E79D8179-3718-4956-9770-1D544D06B633.png
    E79D8179-3718-4956-9770-1D544D06B633.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 86
I ordered a “+” because the range is important to me. I never received a call about the model cancellation but I’m not interested in just a plaid. It’s an entirely different car in my opinion. I tried to get a refund of my $1000 online and ultimately got to a message that it’s NOT refundable.
Does anyone have any suggestions of who I can call or contact to get a refund? It doesn’t seem reasonable to twist my arm to buy an different model than the one I ordered.
Same boat here. Incredible isn’t it? Let me know if you get it resolved. I’ll be calling my SA first thing in the morning. I don’t care that it’s Sunday.

I was wondering about that $1000 order “fee” as well. In my previous two Tesla purchases they were down payments that went toward the price of the car. Did that change in the last couple of years?

Edit: I see a $1000 order fee in my new MVOA, but the pricing breakdown on my account page for the Plaid order shower a $100 order fee… confused.
The sales team had no explanation other than a mistake that would be corrected within that delivery window. The sales team has been frustrated with the lack of information how to handle the transition. We’ve been with Tesla since 2012 and always exciting and interesting!

I'm not going to buy on principle. I own Tesla stock, I get the shtick. If you over promised, I'm ok with the backing down cancellation. But to stick me with a price increase and to force downgrade my product, and try to force me to accept the bait and switch, all the while without being transparent, honest, with complete lack of showing loyalty to me as a first adopter? Are you out of your mind Elon? I'm cancelling your p.o.s. rewrapped Model S Plaid-Less and going to put that money into TSLA instead because there are apparently allot of lemmings that will bend over, take it, and ask for another.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and DocZ
Mine auto-converted to Plaid. I called, complained about the 1000 order fee and lack of promised improvements. No luck, so I cancelled. then I had to call again to get my $1000 deposit back which they said was not refundable. Now I have a grievance report to follow-up on to see if I get my $1000 back.

The July delivery date for my Plaid+ reservation that was converted to Plaid, with CF interior and red exterior, has disappeared as of today.

My account page shows no estimated delivery at all now. Not that I’m in a hurry, but it makes me wonder if MC red is in major shortage (and we know CF interior is also behind).

Come on Tesla, I thought you had 6 months to figure these minor details out?!

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
The July delivery date for my Plaid+ reservation that was converted to Plaid, with CF interior and red exterior, has disappeared as of today.

My account page shows no estimated delivery at all now. Not that I’m in a hurry, but it makes me wonder if MC red is in major shortage (and we know CF interior is also behind).

From watching the incredibly busy Model S Delivery Update thread, it seems that the blank delivery date happens:
* Right before receiving a VIN
* Right before getting a more accurate date
* Sometimes for seemingly no reason, haha

...so let's hope's one of the first 2 and they are able to push your car into June (being that you're west coast, the timing lines up they'd try to squeeze you into the last days of the quarter!)

Reactions: 127.0.0.0

My July delivery estimate is back, even though I haven't completed the "prepare for delivery" steps. Fun times!

I don't understand the $1000 order fee thing. I thought my deposit would just be applied to my new order.
It's interesting, I don't understand it either. A change just happened overnight for me though, besides July coming back as delivery estimate.

Even though the MVOA still shows a $1,000 order fee, I used to see the price breakdown on the main account page, and that included the $100 order fee (see first screenshot below). A $1,000 credit applies from when I placed the order last year.

However as of this morning, the price breakdown no longer includes this $100 order fee. There is no mention of a $1,000 order fee either. And the $1,000 credit from when I placed my order last year still appears.

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 12.21.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.49.07 AM.png