Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 7/21 build car and I haven't noticed it at all in the last few days. Weird how some days I do and others not at all. I'm on 2023.44.30.7 now
Did 44.30.5.1 fix your issue (as mine did) or did 44.30.7?

I saw the 44.30.7 update was available last night, but I didn't install it. Waiting to see what it fixes/breaks before updating. I've had a rash of media center issues since 44.30.5.1 and I'm hoping 44.30.7 fixes them. Maybe 44.30.7 was a quick release to catch all the vibrating S's that 44.30.5.1 didn't catch?

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc

I saw the 44.30.7 update was available last night, but I didn't install it. Waiting to see what it fixes/breaks before updating. I've had a rash of media center issues since 44.30.5.1 and I'm hoping 44.30.7 fixes them. Maybe 44.30.7 was a quick release to catch all the vibrating S's that 44.30.5.1 didn't catch?
2023.44.30.7 was 'successfully' installed three days ago with the result that my FSD beta has disappeared.

• Funny

5.1 had a few vibration free drives over several days then a few where I did have vibrations. On this new version I haven't felt it once.....yet lol

• Informative
5.1 had a few vibration free drives over several days then a few where I did have vibrations. On this new version I haven't felt it once.....yet lol

IMG_0353.gif

• Funny
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
Well, now you have me wanting to try out this new release, to see if it has any effect on my vibration.... I suspect not, but still....
I've only driven it a couple times so far...no vibration. I wish I could say the new version wasn't still making horrible lane changes (away from navigation) on my morning routes. I think most of it is due to map issues given a lot of newer lanes in my area but it's annoying as hell.

• Informative
I've only driven it a couple times so far...no vibration. I wish I could say the new version wasn't still making horrible lane changes (away from navigation) on my morning routes. I think most of it is due to map issues given a lot of newer lanes in my area but it's annoying as hell.
Right now, I could give a rats @$$ about FSDj fixes - just want the damn vibration gone, as advertised (but not delivered to all).

100% Agree.
I went out again and tried to achieve similar rate of acceleration with success. Here's the same "battery power" with the same speed.
Check out the ratio of front to rear between the old and new firmware:

Old firmware:
View attachment 1004415

New Firmware:
View attachment 1004416

You can see in the old firmware the front motor was over powering the 2 rears.

And for reference. This is a screenshot at full acceleration
View attachment 1004417

And finally this is mild acceleration (similar to 1st two pics above) but in track mode with 100% rear bias
View attachment 1004418

Any chance you could show a speed vs power graph for total power? I'm not even slightly convinced looking at this that they didn't cut total power.

Any chance you could show a speed vs power graph for total power? I'm not even slightly convinced looking at this that they didn't cut total power.
I if I were to do a 0-60 (or more) rip with draggy would that be convincing for you? Cause, I have an excellent and accurate "butt" dyno, ,and i can assure you that there's no less max power at all.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and sorka
Since 0-60 is already traction limited, I find it very unlikely that they could remove power from the front and add it to the back. Looking at peak power isn't going tell you anything because the speed range where the issue occurs is never at full battery power in the first place. \

Is this a change everyone is getting or only those that complain about the issue?

Since 0-60 is already traction limited, I find it very unlikely that they could remove power from the front and add it to the back. Looking at peak power isn't going tell you anything because the speed range where the issue occurs is never at full battery power in the first place. \

Is this a change everyone is getting or only those that complain about the issue?
Im not sure Im following you here. But here's my best assessment:
So from what I determined in my comparison of motor power prior to the update vs after the update. In a partial throttle condition, with overall power being the same, whatever motor power was pulled from the front motor, was placed to the back 2. I SAW this exact condition on my telemetry.
Yes, you're right, in that under full power, they cannot pull from the front and place to the rear, but that is NOT the case where the vibration they were after occurred. It only happened under light throttle from 30's-40'mph's. When any more throttle is applied, the power graphs look identical to prior to the holiday update.

Hope this makes sense.

I think Sorka is struggling to understand different power delivery profiles at different throttle positions. It's common with internal combustion engine control and easy to apply with electric motor control as well. No one is complaining about a little vibration under full power so no need to change that condition.

I think Sorka is struggling to understand different power delivery profiles at different throttle positions. It's common with internal combustion engine control and easy to apply with electric motor control as well. No one is complaining about a little vibration under full power so no need to change that condition.

My vibration was massive under full throttle from 10 to 35 mph. I had 4 sets of front half shaft replacements which only stopped when I lowered the car 1" to it's pre 2014 height where Tesla raised the car an inch to mitigate battery strikes. This result in a 3.6 degree increase in the cv joint angle resulting in bent and cv bearing races.

• Informative
Reactions: DonnyW and aerodyne