Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plain Vanilla Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Base MYLR5 white no options:

OD:01/17/2022
PD:03/15/2022
Original EDD: November 2022
EDD1 (Feb): December (2022) no year on app, only online account.

Been stuck in December jail since some time February.

Anyone similar get date ranges yet?
I'm still just sitting in December jail. It seems that orders March and onward are much more likely to just have a vague month or range of months (April/May orders) and not specific date ranges. MYP orders still have more specific dates. I assume your order is being treated more like a March order due to your PD date.

I'm still just sitting in December jail. It seems that orders March and onward are much more likely to just have a vague month or range of months (April/May orders) and not specific date ranges. MYP orders still have more specific dates. I assume your order is being treated more like a March order due to your PD date.
Yeah, I wish I was more aware of the PD date :(. I thought I had plenty of time. I wish I saw any movement good or bad to know it’s processing lol. I see the January thread and people go from specific ranges to only month to even the 2023 ranges. I’m praying they are forgiving about my PD haha. So far I think the furthest specific date ranges I’ve seen are from September to November, hope we see something soon. My SA at the Tesla dealership says they do EOQ pushes, hopefully I get a car before 2023.

This morning my plain white MYLR EDD tightened to a two week delivery window of June 6 - June 20. It previously sat at a 4 week window, June 2 - June 30, for 3 weeks. Order date was 10/26/21. They'd better not be messing with me. I cant take it much longer. :)

I ordered a plain LR White
Exterior black interior no tow, no fsd in May 2021 and took delivery in august 2021.

I think the reality is between that time a year ago now thru say September the demand curve and capacity changed drastically.

Seeing posts with September and October 2021 orders just now getting dates or worse is a sign of the growth curve.

In 6-12 months another giga factory somewhere in North America is probably justified. “Only” having a 1-4 month backlog isn’t bad. As humans where *sugar* happens we can’t plan a year out or more.

How are all the other Vanilla MYLR orders doing?
Mine got the arbitrary bump on June 6th to the Mar '23- Jun '23 EDD which is the same as a brand new order placed today.
Has not reset yet.
I have seen that optioned MYLR orders that got an arbitrary bump on June 6th to Dec'22-Mar'23 have mostly been reset to a specific date range in Q3 or Q4 2022.

Is everyone else still stuck at Mar'23-Jun'23? This would probably pertain to orders from Feb (Jan?) onward. Older orders would likely have more specific ranges now. I'm hoping after EOQ they will give me a more specific date. My guess is it will end up being Dec-Feb but who knows. Original EDD "December". Still have never had specific dates.

Reactions: mrazndead
Mine got the arbitrary bump on June 6th to the Mar '23- Jun '23 EDD which is the same as a brand new order placed today.
Has not reset yet.
I have seen that optioned MYLR orders that got an arbitrary bump on June 6th to Dec'22-Mar'23 have mostly been reset to a specific date range in Q3 or Q4 2022.

Is everyone else still stuck at Mar'23-Jun'23? This would probably pertain to orders from Feb (Jan?) onward. Older orders would likely have more specific ranges now. I'm hoping after EOQ they will give me a more specific date. My guess is it will end up being Dec-Feb but who knows. Original EDD "December". Still have never had specific dates.
Damn that's no fun bro. Stressful too just thinking of it all the time.... I hope you get EDD soon. Or Yolo it with the P

Has not reset yet.

I say (if you have self control) just don’t open the app or try to forget about it for a few months. You non-stop checking this early for a vanilla model may drive you nuts for months to a year. Or unfortunately add an option. You should see a date range by the next day and it helped me from non-stop checking. I know being in placeholders for months is brutal.

I say (if you have self control) just don’t open the app or try to forget about it for a few months. You non-stop checking this early for a vanilla model may drive you nuts for months to a year. Or unfortunately add an option. You should see a date range by the next day and it helped me from non-stop checking. I know being in placeholders for months is brutal.
I think I will just change my color to blue and see if that gives me the more specific date range. I think my base order has no chance of delivery in 2022 anymore. I'd be happy getting the car Oct-Dec time frame like your estimate. Later this year if optioned orders get pushed to 2023 then I may just snag a MYP instead.

I think I will just change my color to blue and see if that gives me the more specific date range. I think my base order has no chance of delivery in 2022 anymore. I'd be happy getting the car Oct-Dec time frame like your estimate. Later this year if optioned orders get pushed to 2023 then I may just snag a MYP instead.
Go for the P now bro. Looks way better than plain y. Yolo!!