Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2 updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which is one reason why I would never get a Polestar. My next car is going to have a decent binnacle display and a HUD. I also want real leather instead of this awful, cheap looking vegan crap. Which means I won’t be buying another Tesla either.

Looks aren’t really important to me. My M3 is by far the ugliest car I’ve ever owned, and the MY sinks to new depths of ugliness. Only my opinion of course 😄
You can get nappa leather in the polestar

My misuses doesn't like the cabin. But it's perfect for me. I sued to drive more sporty cars so am used to a nice compact, cosy cabin.

Charign network is fine and it can use superchargers now remember. That USP has also gone
only about 17 of the least busy SuC have been opened up. Will be interesting to see if the Christmas chaos, and downturn in sales, slows Tesla role on this.....

only about 17 of the least busy SuC have been opened up. Will be interesting to see if the Christmas chaos, and downturn in sales, slows Tesla role on this.....
exactly this, its opened up some, but none that I would use on my "normal" long journeys, so this doesn't count to me. Plus, its more expensive even if you do find one you can use.

That's not correct though? Are we thinking of the same car? The dash is in an instrument binnacle (probably the XC40 one?) and the centre screen is integrated between air vent and the centre of the cabin?
1280px-Polestar_2_Genf_2019_1Y7A5078.jpg

I can recommend a good optician to anyone who thinks a 3/Y is more attractive than this.

Coming back from vacation we took a taxi home from the airport. Always liked the different look of the Polestar however never saw one up close. Our taxi is a Polestar! OMG is this thing tiny inside. It was only my wife and I and he did not want to take us since we had 3 bags. Finally convinced him to flip the seat leaving my wife the tiny side which was tiny and I sat up front. Still cannot get over how small it was inside, not the least bit interested in it any more. My daughter has an XC40 ICE, now that thing is awesome all around, just needs a Tesla drive train. :D

Reactions: init6

I can recommend a good optician to anyone who thinks a 3/Y is more attractive than this.

I dunno, that might be the most hideous steering wheel I've ever seen, I could say the same about the gear selector... brick/lump, and the screen looks quite literally 100% like an iPad propped up on the centre console. At least Tesla goes all in on the floating screen look, not that I'm particularly a fan of it. I do like an actual driver's instrument display though.

Reactions: init6
I dunno, that might be the most hideous steering wheel I've ever seen, I could say the same about the gear selector... brick/lump, and the screen looks quite literally 100% like an iPad propped up on the centre console. At least Tesla goes all in on the floating screen look, not that I'm particularly a fan of it. I do like an actual driver's instrument display though.
Eye of the behold I guess. Compared to the bland emptiness of the Tesla steering wheel I'd go for this one every time. Same with the gear selected. I much prefer a part that actually looks designed rather than just a basic lump.

I wouldn't also call the tesla floating screen. It looks way more "tablet stuck on to interior" then pretty much any other car!

Reactions: CWT3LR
Life would be dull if we all liked the same thing, and fwiw I was strongly leaning to the Polestar before it was launched a couple of years ago. The cack efficiency figures put me off, so it's good they now have a new iteration claiming much more range.

The public charging network still scares the bejesus out of me though.

Sorry I'm obvously in the 'need glasses' option here, I really don't like the polestar 2, theres just something weird about it, it's not quite a volvo but has loads of it's parts (although I do like volvos) these seem to be the ... bad parts - looking at you steering wheel! urgh! Then there's the size of car, seems tiny inside but it's a crossover/suv size outside, the center screen - portrait is just a no, and what's with the center dash crawling up the sides, EVM complained about it being in just the right place to knacker your knees and I tend to agree and that seat space seems so narrow even on the passenger side, i'd feel penned in, the M3 is so spacious and free from obstructions in comparison.

And one of the biggies for me - although probably a small one for most. Android OS urgh!!!! I'm not big into the android vs apple argument (and yes i'm on the apple side of things) you do what's right for you and I do know you can have carplay on the screen I am just not a fan of android as an operating system for anything.