Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight. You nutbags think that you can force people to pay for things via taxation against their will, and then call them hypocrites when they use the program that they are forced to pay for?
They aren't hypocrites because they voted against it and now they want their money back. They're hypocrites because they said it wasn't necessary and now they've made it obvious that it is.

It was completely insincere yanking the chains of the moron class.

I agree, see

Also, the brand is synonymous with this sociopath

1665887768608.png

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Does he get back all of his money back from the time he was forced to pay into social security with interest and the lost opportunity cost?

More like paying nothing into social security.... no... getting PAID instead of paying... then getting social security... then saying it's terrible... THEN asking for more.... I can def see why Walker won the GA primary.

Take the great hypocrite from the Welfare state of Kentucky Rand Paul. They receive 68% more money from the federal government than they pay in taxes. So they're literally whining about government spending... while taking more than they pay. Then asking for more.

Facts are stubborn things...

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 12.29.45 AM.png

More like paying nothing into social security.... no... getting PAID instead of paying... then getting social security... then saying it's terrible... THEN asking for more.... I can def see why Walker won the GA primary.

Take the great hypocrite from the Welfare state of Kentucky Rand Paul. They receive 68% more money from the federal government than they pay in taxes. So they're literally whining about government spending... while taking more than they pay. Then asking for more.

Facts are stubborn things...

View attachment 865261
Of course, an easy way for so-called donor states to stop donating to federal fiscal (which then gets passed to Welfare states) is to reduce the federal income tax brackets. Indeed, California & New York pay more because their representatives vote for higher income taxes, which impacts their own (higher income) residents disproportionately. The donors states choose to send money to Welfare states like Kentucky.

btw: you are only half-right about Paul. He would readily vote to eliminate many of the federal Welfare programs from which his state benefits.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Of course, an easy way for so-called donor states to stop donating to federal fiscal (which then gets passed to Welfare states) is to reduce the federal income tax brackets. Indeed, California & New York pay more because their representatives vote for higher income taxes, which impacts their own (higher income) residents disproportionately. The donors states choose to send money to Welfare states like Kentucky.

btw: you are only half-right about Paul. He would readily vote to eliminate many of the federal Welfare programs from which his state benefits.
I thought you wanted to “tax the rich”.

I thought you wanted to “tax the rich”.
I think it's "Eat the Rich"

Well I woke up this morning
On the wrong side of the bed
And how I got to thinkin'
About all those things you said
About ordinary people
And how they make you sick
And if callin' names kicks back on you
Then I hope this does the trick
'Cause I'm sick of your complainin'
About how many bills
And I'm sick of all your bitchin'
'Bout your poodles and your pills
And I just can't see no humor
About your way of life
And I think I can do more for you
With this here fork and knife
Eat the rich
There's only one thing that they are good for
Eat the rich

Really don’t want a Chinese car if I can avoid it, even though components of Berlin made cars may be made there. I minimise the products I buy from them even though it costs more.
But you’re happy to line the pockets of a guy who sympathises with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine? Right, very honourable of you.

I do find this whole boycotting of Chinese stuff bizarre. What isn’t made in China or don’t contain Chinese parts these days?

Do you boycott Chinese food as well by any chance?

Yeah there's some cognitive dissonance at work when people talk about avoiding Chinese products but still buying Teslas when Elon is wading into complicated geopolitics with armchair tweeting, and in the process of buying Twitter to radicalise it (from the sounds of it).

Even if you discount the Elon factor I'd wager 80% or more of our cars are compromised of Chinese made parts.

If we were all so principaled perhaps we ought to be buying Kias and Hyundais, i.e. Korean companies.

"Free Speech" sounds great until you consider the real world. It's fine when anybody who wants to can stand on a soap box on the street corner and shout that the world is flat or that Jesus is coming back to smite the sinners.

It's a totally different thing in a world of calculated lies spread by highly-organized and well-funded propagandists, where conspiracy mongers make patently false claims of election fraud, where broadcasters with followings in six figures shout that the parents of murdered children are hoaxing the nation, where social media is used to organize an attempted overthrow of the government, etc., etc., etc.

If Elon Musk really does throw open the doors of Twitter to unmoderated free speech, the result will be the greatest destabilization of Democracy since Facebook. The prospect terrifies me.
Yeah, now they will be able to freely say on Twitter that Hunter‘s laptop full of evidence of him selling access to his father for his And Joe’s benefit is Russian disinformation. Oh wait, that was already a calculated lie spread under the previous Twitter leadership.

• Love
So you are saying a lot of racist people pretend to be woke ? Who would have thunk ...
Yep, too many "woke" politicians are racists. They either supported clan members or wore black face when they were younger... or do all sorts of racist things but now they show their "woke" side pretending to be against racism... I can't stand them..

*Cough* Antifa *Cough*
Really - how is being anti-fascist racist ?

Anyway, I don't want to argue about this ... my basic point is that racist comments in US are completely legal but will drive away a large number of users and advertisers from Twitter. That is the main challenge any kind of moderation that only looks at what is legal is going to have.

Ofcourse there are issues with some strict blasphemy laws that are not enforced (like in UK). What do you do with those ?

Really - how is being anti-fascist racist ?

Anyway, I don't want to argue about this ... my basic point is that racist comments in US are completely legal but will drive away a large number of users and advertisers from Twitter. That is the main challenge any kind of moderation that only looks at what is legal is going to have.

Ofcourse there are issues with some strict blasphemy laws that are not enforced (like in UK). What do you do with those ?

Go watch videos of this group in Portland, for 2+ years. The REALITY of their actions are FAR FROM "anti-fascist". They have assaulted innocent people, on video, so many times. ANYONE that questions them, even in an extremely polite way, get the crap beaten out of them. I believe a church group was in a park, doing nothing but being peaceful and having service, and several of them were sent to the hospital, property damage caused, etc.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.