Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least your car lasted 1 day. My brand new car only lasted for 3hrs then I had to report the malfunction to them. I had to take it to them the next day since I picked up my brand new car later that day. I had to take it the follow day early morning , since then My car remain at the shop for service. I agree with you not a good first impression..ugh!
But for the mean time I get a Loaner that below model than what I originally had. Ugh!!
What happens if you have an accident in the loan car that is your fault?
I would expect that you only have to pay the excess equivalent to the excess on your own car - apples for apples

"Ridiculous", meaning "open to or inviting of ridicule". And ridicule isn't a form of rhetorical attack? "Controversial", or even "wildly unpopular", are more respectful forms of disagreement than ridicule.
Making an observation about someone's post is not an attack. Criticism is not attack. We need to learn how to be able to have a conversation in this country again. It seems like people are way too sensitive.

Why do we state the obvious?

Should quality be better? Of course!

Is it bad enough to regret my purchase. Nope!

Worrying about something not closing right or looking just right on a new car is understandable. But seeing as how I drive one of the more safe and FUN vehicles on the road, I'm willing to cut them some slack. Especially since it does get fixed anyway. Perhaps when/if other manufacturers make as good of EVs with charging networks, I may be less forgiving. But for the time being, I'm happy.

I love what the faults represent.
They represent a young company on the bleeding edge, on a tightrope of growth and profitability, with the founders risking everything on a long shot for something they believed in.
Tesla has disrupted a trillion dollar industry, I think we should forgive the occasional panel gap.

I'll forgive it on your car but not on mine.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
As we know, today’s massacre won’t make a difference.
Nothing will change.

So what do you think will make it change?
Nothing. America's obsession with personal firearms is an integral part of the history of the country, and the Supreme Court has (mistakenly, in my opinion) interpreted the wording of the 2nd amendment to allow any citizen to possess an essentially unlimited number of small arms. That ruling is unlikely to be reverses any time soon.

Mass shootings have no effect on the minority of the populace that believes the current situation is acceptable, nor do such shootings effect the leaders of the Republican Party who derive their support in part from that minority.

Nothing. America's obsession with personal firearms is an integral part of the history of the country, and the Supreme Court has (mistakenly, in my opinion) interpreted the wording of the 2nd amendment to allow any citizen to possess an essentially unlimited number of small arms. That ruling is unlikely to be reverses any time soon.

Mass shootings have no effect on the minority of the populace that believes the current situation is acceptable, nor do such shootings effect the leaders of the Republican Party who derive their support in part from that minority.
This is a tragedy. Still, is a mistake to think that this is associated only with conservatives. For example, rural northern Wisconsin is solidly Democrat (check voting in Superior in Douglas County). The hunting and gun rights culture is generations old. I now live in the Carolinas. Here TV reporters conceal carry and grandma has a hand gun and a shotgun. South Carolina is Democrat and gun toting! True, Republicans pander to the NRA, but so do rural and small city Democrats. Chicago is Democrat and armed to the teeth! This is a real problem. Partisanship is a partial answer at best.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Chicago is Democrat and armed to the teeth! .

Mostly in the south side of Chicago where most of the people are getting killed. Gun ownership in the rest of chicago is pretty low IMHO. The mayor/local government makes owning firearms hard. Remember it's only been a few years ago that the city really allowed people to own firearms (which is is immaterial to most gang members). As you get to northern Illinois more and more people have firearms, but crime is relatively low in that area.

Take out the south side of Chicago and Chicago would be one of the safest cities in the USA or even Europe. People getting killed in chicago is not a firearm issue, but a sociological issue.

Reactions: strider
But predominantly so. Just for the record.

... have you been to the south side of Chicago? Tons of firearms, murder is high... all voting for democrats.. You can just about go to any "ghetto" areas in large cities and have high firearm ownership (usually, they are breaking laws to own firearms, but they don't care). now compare that to other areas like those in wisconsin where everybody and their mother owns a firearm legally. Less murder and violence in rural Wisconsin. It's mostly a sociological issue, not a gun ownership issue.

In the US, a great many of us believe that the right to own firearms is an essential component of liberty. I never want to see guns forcibly taken from law abiding, mentally fit citizens, even if this might save some lives, because I'd prefer to have liberty. At the same time, I think that US gun purchasers should be subjected to more stringent background checks.

All of that said, the ability of governments to control the possession of firearms is likely to decline with time, thanks to continual improvements in 3-D printing technology.

This is a complicated subject, and I do not think it is defined by what party you belong to. Everyone has a different take on guns and gun laws, the NRA is a strong lobby and will be tough to change that. I believe that this is a free country and if you want to own a gun for hunting or target practice that is fine, the process to own a weapon should be more in depth and better background checks. It will be impossible to keep weapons out of the hands of people that will use weapon for bad things, but IMO they are currently to easy to obtain.

Reactions: Erleichda
While this event was a serious tragedy by a mad man whom I believe we will find was using weapons that are highly illegal in the US, people do not always understand the magnitude of numbers. What appears to be a massive problem is actually not on the radar as it affects the citizens of the US in 2017.

In 2016, ~50,000 people died from illegal drugs directly, with another 14,400 from legally-available drugs. Or 175 every day last year.
This year will be far, far higher. The state governments are acting in a predictable fashion by legalizing and decriminalizing drugs.

Also for 2016, 40,000 deaths were auto deaths. Unknown how many were drug related. Actions taken by the government to address the root cause? No additional funding or requirements for advanced driver training, more integration of social networking into cars. Car safety systems continue to improve, but fatalities are increasing.

In the same year, 10,000 murders were committed by firearms, and 7,250 by other weapons. It is unknown how many of these deaths were drug related.

The fastest growing death rate by % is drug overdose by a wide margin, then auto deaths, then firearms.

Last edited:
While this event was a serious tragedy by a mad man whom I believe we will find was using weapons that are highly illegal in the US, people do not always understand the magnitude of numbers. What appears to be a massive problem is actually not on the radar as it affects the citizens of the US in 2017.

In 2016, ~50,000 people died from illegal drugs directly, with another 14,400 from legally-available drugs. Or 175 every day last year.
This year will be far, far higher. The state governments are acting in a predictable fashion by legalizing and decriminalizing drugs.

Also for 2016, 40,000 deaths were auto deaths. Unknown how many were drug related. Actions taken by the government to address the root cause? No additional funding or requirements for advanced driver training, more integration of social networking into cars. Car safety systems continue to improve, but fatalities are increasing.

In the same year, 10,000 murders were committed by firearms, and 7,250 by other weapons. It is unknown how many of these deaths were drug related.

The fastest growing death rate by % is drug overdose by a wide margin, then auto deaths, then firearms.
in europe hundreds of people have been killed by vehicles used as weapons, should the europeans ban all vehicles?

This is a complicated subject, and I do not think it is defined by what party you belong to. Everyone has a different take on guns and gun laws, the NRA is a strong lobby and will be tough to change that. I believe that this is a free country and if you want to own a gun for hunting or target practice that is fine, the process to own a weapon should be more in depth and better background checks. It will be impossible to keep weapons out of the hands of people that will use weapon for bad things, but IMO they are currently to easy to obtain.
At the same time, I think that US gun purchasers should be subjected to more stringent background checks.
it appears that both of you don't have a good grasp of the process of purchasing a firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.