Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, more great news coming on climate thanks to Elon's party: Republican Drive to Tilt Courts Against Climate Action Reaches a Crucial Moment

So is the pro-population stuff because he knows more children will die prematurely from pollution now that his party is stacking the courts with judges who don't believe in regulation (yet believe in incarceration, controlling women's bodies, etc.)? Fun times.

Ok, fair enough. I have no doubt that we would be following UNECE, with or without the EU. I just don't get why people get so wound up about the EU connection - particularly since we are essentially still relying on (for now) EU type approval.
People get wound-up by the implication that as an 'EU Regulation' this is something that we are likely to change once JRM discovers the huge opportunity in deregulating it. I'm sure he's also considering removing the seat belt requirements and putting lead back in petrol as we slowly regress to the 1960s.

People get wound-up by the implication that as an 'EU Regulation' this is something that we are likely to change once JRM discovers the huge opportunity in deregulating it. I'm sure he's also considering removing the seat belt requirements and putting lead back in petrol as we slowly regress to the 1960s.
Gotta support our national lead industry....

I have to admit that I'd never considered the possibility that people might think we should repeal laws just because they were derived from the EU.

Someone hasn't been paying attention 🤣

We definitely seem to have a significant percentage of people who are just triggered by the word "European" and will automatically be against whatever it is.

I wonder where they'll go on holiday once they find out that Spain is European?

Someone hasn't been paying attention 🤣

We definitely seem to have a significant percentage of people who are just triggered by the word "European" and will automatically be against whatever it is.

I wonder where they'll go on holiday once they find out that Spain is European?
Last I checked the UK is still in Europe.

This thread has gone hilariously off topic.

Here's the final nail in the coffin for the ridiculous claim that Elon Musk's concern about population collapse is rooted in alt-right's idea of “white genocide“:

Notice the date of the video: September 11, 2015. Yes, he has been concerned with population collapse for at least 7 years, long before his alleged "move to the right". It's also interesting that back then nobody made a big deal of his concerns, yet today it suddenly becomes a big point of contention among left/democrats wrt Musk, why is that? Did Musk really "move to the right" or did left/democrats "move to the left"? Seems the evidence points to the latter, I expect that if we investigate thoroughly all the other supposed Musk "echoing the alt-right" cases, we'll find the same: Musk never changed, it's the left/democrats' opinion of him did a u-turn.
I used to be a democrat until they went too far left, I don’t agree with everything the republicans say, but I sure as heck don’t want to be associated with what the democrats represent.

Having said that, I’d rather Elon father more kids than literally any other well known celebs.

Keep bustin Elon!

I used to be a democrat until they went too far left, I don’t agree with everything the republicans say, but I sure as heck don’t want to be associated with what the democrats represent.

Having said that, I’d rather Elon father more kids than literally any other well known celebs.

Keep bustin Elon!

Exactly! Banging everything in site and having kids that want nothing to do with him… that’s what I want to be associated with and what Republicans Represent now….. this whole time I thought they were about family values and what not. Guess not….

Exactly! Banging everything in site and having kids that want nothing to do with him… that’s what I want to be associated with and what Republicans Represent now….. this whole time I thought they were about family values and what not. Guess not….
Can’t agree with all aspects of a political party, that would make someone an extremist. Extremism, something the democrats know a thing or two about, if only they knew a thing or two about reality. Actual reality not what each person perceives to be “their reality”. But of course it’s much easier to live a life of make belief where a person can just believe the craziest thing and dummies will bow down and agree with their “reality”

Now I gotta get back to work, gotta earn some money because the bigots at the grocery store refused to accept my Monopoly money, even though I clearly explained to them that the former monopoly currency identified as US Dollars. Maybe one day they’ll learn to be progressive enough!

Can’t agree with all aspects of a political party, that would make someone an extremist. Extremism, something the democrats know a thing or two about, if only they knew a thing or two about reality. Actual reality not what each person perceives to be “their reality”. But of course it’s much easier to live a life of make belief where a person can just believe the craziest thing and dummies will bow down and agree with their “reality”

Now I gotta get back to work, gotta earn some money because the bigots at the grocery store refused to accept my Monopoly money, even though I clearly explained to them that the former monopoly currency identified as US Dollars. Maybe one day they’ll learn to be progressive enough!

Agreed! Like believing elections are rigged and the guberment is coming for me guns….

TTYL have to get back to work and reality….maybe my co-worker wants to help me with saving the population… she’s still good to pop out 3-4 more kids

All we need is:

1. Clear signage stron around charging stations to say that there is a fine with this offence
2. People can upload images of cars committing the offence, to a government-run website to check and issue fines

The revenue with help run the website, pay for the traffic warden’s time, stop the few idiots making it bad for everyone, train these idiots to do the right thing, have an outlet for bullied ev owners so prevent escalation of conflicts, invest in more public charging stations etc
The Democrat Party is no longer interested in helping TESLA because TESLA auto-workers are not members of the UAW and because Elon Musk has declared that he will be voting Republican. This despite the fact that TESLA auto-workers are compensated better than their UAW counterparts at GM, FORD, Stellantis, et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.