Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go watch videos of this group in Portland, for 2+ years. The REALITY of their actions are FAR FROM "anti-fascist". They have assaulted innocent people, on video, so many times. ANYONE that questions them, even in an extremely polite way, get the crap beaten out of them. I believe a church group was in a park, doing nothing but being peaceful and having service, and several of them were sent to the hospital, property damage caused, etc.
And nary a peep from Garland. He’s too busy going after pro-life folks and concerned parents.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
People who talk about "woke" negatively are racist.

Oh HELL NO. This kind of "absolutism" is the very definition of fascism.

"You cannot question this ideal, or by definition you are a rascist and a bigot." "Only my opinion matters, anyone that questions it has no values."

That right there, is Marxism-level leftism. Discouraging or forbidding the challenge of dissenting opinions.

I will point out that when the far right does this crap, with "Only my religious view is valid" that the left is all over them immediately, and rightly so. But if the left pulls it, watch out, they cannot be questioned.

Absolutely freaking ridiculous right there.

Go watch videos of this group in Portland, for 2+ years. The REALITY of their actions are FAR FROM "anti-fascist". They have assaulted innocent people, on video, so many times. ANYONE that questions them, even in an extremely polite way, get the crap beaten out of them. I believe a church group was in a park, doing nothing but being peaceful and having service, and several of them were sent to the hospital, property damage caused, etc.
Not the type of people I would call anti-fascist, definitely.

Coming back to twitter - I don't know how many people know this .... Twitter was not moderating any comments early on. There used to be rampant abuse and only after millions of complaints did Jack institute moderation policies. So, not sure how taking them away would make Twitter a better place.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Oh HELL NO. This kind of "absolutism" is the very definition of fascism.

Absolutely freaking ridiculous right there.

Yes - saying fascisms & racism are bad is the very definition of "fascism".

I'll argue further about it after you define "woke" to me. Because to me "woke" = understanding how many groups of people are disadvantaged and trying to help them.

Until then, lets just stick to talking about twitter.

• Funny
Not the type of people I would call anti-fascist, definitely.

Coming back to twitter - I don't know how many people know this .... Twitter was not moderating any comments early on. There used to be rampant abuse and only after millions of complaints did Jack institute moderation policies. So, not sure how taking them away would make Twitter a better place.
You take them away to figure out who and what your biggest problems are and craft new policy from that and enforce it equally and fairly without any bull crap agendas or narrative nudging/consensus manufacturing.

You take them away to figure out who and what your biggest problems are and craft new policy from that and enforce it equally and fairly without any bull crap agendas or narrative nudging/consensus manufacturing.

This has been done, in incredible detail, repeatedly, on many platforms including Facebook who openly publishes excellent summaries of the different kinds of abuse and bile that try to happen on their system, how it's detected, categorized, blocked or eventually banned.

I don't think there's any discovery to be made. If you drop all moderating, you get what is basically 4chan (plus some openly illegal stuff that even 4chan blocks). Hate, slander, disinformation, pron, child pron, graphic violence, scams, impersonation, bullying, (list goes on).

You can then decide to reign in some or most of all the above, and yes it might end up banning a higher percentage of certain people than others not because of bias, but because certain groups LIKE violence and hate and slander and lies more.

• Disagree
Yes - saying fascisms & racism are bad is the very definition of "fascism".

I'll argue further about it after you define "woke" to me. Because to me "woke" = understanding how many groups of people are disadvantaged and trying to help them.

Until then, lets just stick to talking about twitter.

See, here's the problem. This isn't LATIN - i.e. a DEAD language where the meaning of words is forever fixed.

Woke has evolved since the early 2010s, which is the definition you associated it with (which is the original definition). Now, just as much as that original - still valid - definition, it has picked up a strong association with "Cancel culture". I.e. if you don't agree with me, you are not woke, therefore I cancel you.

You will hate the source, but there is actually a pretty unbiased article about the definition of "Woke" with the evolution of the meaning (with sources) here:

Yeah, now they will be able to freely say on Twitter that Hunter‘s laptop full of evidence of him selling access to his father for his And Joe’s benefit is Russian disinformation. Oh wait, that was already a calculated lie spread under the previous Twitter leadership.
All the lies from the right stop the moment it comes to presenting evidence. It’s a hard fact. 😁

People are taking Elon’s tweets way too seriously. He was just jokingly trolling Hillary. He always goofs around. He’s a different type of “CEO” and he always will be.
It was needed. Hillary was promoting an unsupported conspiracy theory linking Paul's assailant to the GOP, promoting hate and fomenting violence. Glad he called her out. To say nothing about the fact that lots of things about the case look very fishy, A family with a net worth of $500 mil or so doesn't have a security system or security guards? And Paul names the man and describes him as a friend, according to police radio traffic (from what I have read anyway-right now don't trust any source for accurate info about this).

Last edited:
Which side of the isle actively promoted and participated in an attempted coup against the government again? And is currently making light of and spreading baseless conspiracy theories about this incident for political gain?
Which side actively committed domestic terrorism against ordinary American citizens for 2 years? Looting stores, burning businesses, dragging people from their cars and beating them, burning and destroying cars, firebombing police stations and holding an entire neighborhood hostage for 6 weeks, while a complicit city leadership looked on? These were terrorist attacks against ordinary American citizens. I do not support 1/6. Up until then, the conservatives had the unequivocal moral high ground. Those that entered the Capitol threw that away and gave the media and leftists something to hide behind. But for all that-1/6 was a protest, aimed solely at government figures, not ordinary American citizens.

Last edited:
Really? This is how we justify this garbage. Dude….

This was a failed assignation attempt against ....
assignation

ăs″ĭg-nā′shən

noun​

1. The act of assigning.
  2. Something assigned, especially an allotment.
  3. An appointment to meet in secret, especially between lovers. synonym: engagement
According to some sources, you're not wrong.

assignation

ăs″ĭg-nā′shən

noun​

1. The act of assigning.
  2. Something assigned, especially an allotment.
  3. An appointment to meet in secret, especially between lovers. synonym: engagement
According to some sources, you're not wrong.
It’s no use arguing with a Fortran interface when you’re speaking C++. You might as well wrestle a pig in mud.

• Funny
Reactions: TN Mtn Man
It was needed. Hillary was promoting an unsupported conspiracy theory linking Paul's assailant to the GOP, promoting hate and fomenting violence. Glad he called her out. To say nothing about the fact that lots of things about the case look very fishy, A family with a net worth of $500 mil or so doesn't have a security system or security guards? And Paul names the man and describes him as a friend, according to police radio traffic (from what I have read anyway-right now don't trust any source for accurate info about this).

Wait, you feel it's everyone else's job to ignore Elon's personal attacks on social media to help make the world a better place, when Elon claims he spent billions of Twitter make it a civilized town hall for the good of society?

Except no one claimed he tweeted a link to NYT.

The NYT simply reported what he actually did (and then deleted) which was to tweet a link to The Santa Monica Observer containing bogus attacks on Pelosi's husband which even that hairball news org has carefully retreated from with a "this story has not been corroborated" attempt to avoid getting sued.
And yet the NYT runs with unsupported conspiracy theories, trying to link the assailant with the GOP. A man that lived in a "hippy commune" flying LGBTQ flags and BLM posters. Lots of other info out there, not all substantiated, but he certainly comes across as much more affiliated with the left than the right. Ultimately though, he is simply mentally ill. Perhaps the "defund the police" and "no bail" movement coming home to roost?

And yet the NYT runs with unsupported conspiracy theories, trying to link the assailant with the GOP. A man that lived in a "hippy commune" flying LGBTQ flags and BLM posters. Lots of other info out there, not all substantiated, but he certainly comes across as much more affiliated with the left than the right. Ultimately though, he is simply mentally ill. Perhaps the "defund the police" and "no bail" movement coming home to roost?

which again has nothing to do with Elon's series of deleted tweets, and then Elons bogus evasion that he didn't tweet a link to the NYT when no one said he did.

Reactions: advocate8
Status
Not open for further replies.