Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He deserves to have his full remarks quoted here.

TL;DR if you think Elon has some brilliant master plan, you need to get out more. This sentiment is exactly equal to the 4 other Senior engineers I know personally who spent anywhere from 10 months to 12 years at Tesla.

Ethan Heald, public post on LinkedIn:

"[Edit: I have recieved more than a few texts from people supporting my sentiment but not commenting publicly out of fear of professional retaliation. Really goes to show how unhealthy of a work environment they’ve created, and underlines the importance of speaking out if you are in a position to do so.]

My heart goes out to my former coworkers affected by the #TeslaLayoffs.

~20,000 employees have lost their jobs with no warning; many are here in the US on a work visa or are new parents that will lose their family’s health insurance. Meanwhile, Musk asks the shareholders for a $56,000,000,000 stock package.

I had a wild, fun, stressful, and mind-boggling four years at Tesla. I watched the company morph from a California-based electric car and solar panel start-up, owned by an innovative genius, to a Texas-based manufacturing and robotics conglomerate, (set to displace thousands of jobs) owned by right-wing internet troll.

While I am incredibly thankful to my immediate team for the opportunity and wealth of knowledge they provided me, I will not miss that job. The company is (from what I could gather as a low-level engineer) horrendously mismanaged at the top. Elon is a petty tyrant and constantly keeps everyone understaffed. He would do things like have the Lucky Charms removed from the coffee bar if we had a down quarter. The company was worth around $1,000,000,000,000 at the time.

Elon’s heel turn was especially hard to watch, because to me, he and Tesla were once such a source of inspiration and hope. The initial shenanigans could be brushed off as funny quirks. The breaking point for me was when he canceled merit awards on the same work day he spent live-streaming the “migrant crisis” at the southern border on Twitter.

I have come to accept this reality, but I still regularly see people in denial.

• The stock is down 30% YTD, down 44% from peak, on his watch.

• Cybertruck was misguided from its conception. No doubt it is a step forward for automotive aesthetic design, but it doesn’t work when the guy presenting it makes a fool of himself publicly on a daily basis.

• Over-promising wildly on CT specs and FSD timelines. Sending company wide emails that served no purpose other than to leak and pump the stock.

• Removing parking sensors prematurely. I did not meet single person inside or outside the company that thought this was a good idea.

• Buying an unrelated company and devoting the work day to fix that blunder at the expense of Tesla operations and reputation

• Many other baffling decisions that made me question what the point of an executive team and board is if they are going to just let him do whatever he wants. I understand self-preservation but at a certain point it’s just spineless.

While the board recommends voting to give him $56B and re-elect his brother and Roman Roy as directors, I recommend against it. He is the only person that deserved to be laid off."
I stopped reading when he called Musk a right winger. Blah blah blah.

He is no right winger. But in todays world, everyone is a right winger if they are not a democrat. He is more of a libertarian.
He votes and cheers exclusively for Republicans now. Again, it's irrelevant to the conversation, but he's a supporter of a single party that happens to be on the right.

I do agree he was a libertarian in both speech and practice, but I think that's hard to argue at this point.

He votes and cheers exclusively for Republicans now. Again, it's irrelevant to the conversation, but he's a supporter of a single party that happens to be on the right.

I do agree he was a libertarian in both speech and practice, but I think that's hard to argue at this point.

1715187186887.png

I really don't care what he is, but the amount of quotes you could produce about Democrats are destroying the country or that everyone should be hoping for a red wave, etc. are far past being in the middle or that he would support DeSantis for President. Not to mention RFKJ has turned into a far-right hero.

I don't think it's important to talk about in the CT thread in any facet. I won't respond anymore, but just google it or go listen to the last time he was on JRE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suns_PSD
Actually no that's not correct. He is just anti the radical ultra far left and the only other choice is Republican. Being anti-terrorist in this country now means you're a republican with how off the rails the Democrat party has gone. That doesn't make Must a right winger, he is still a liberal.

Posted in WaPo.

Donald Trump has pledged to scrap President Biden’s policies on electric vehicles and wind energy, as well as other initiatives opposed by the fossil fuel industry.

Trump will do anything to get $$$ in his pocket, gain base support, or destroy out of spite.

As Donald Trump sat with some of the country’s top oil executives at his Mar-a-Lago Club last month, one executive complained about how they continued to face burdensome environmental regulations despite spending $400 million to lobby the Biden administration in the last year.

Trump’s response stunned several of the executives in the room overlooking the ocean: You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House. At the dinner, he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted, according to people with knowledge of the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation.

Posted in WaPo.

Donald Trump has pledged to scrap President Biden’s policies on electric vehicles and wind energy, as well as other initiatives opposed by the fossil fuel industry.

Trump will do anything to get $$$ in his pocket, gain base support, or destroy out of spite.
IMO, considering the gravity of the Climate Change issue, Environmental rules should be considered as Institutional rules, meaning that they could be reversed only with a bipartisan Agreement.

To this concern I wish to add that the law should be improved to better protect the environment.

Last edited:
Posted in WaPo.

Good.

Joe Biden allocated $7.5B to new chargers and built 7 total.

Remember at the beginning of his campaign when he promised to build an EV charger at every highway offramp? I remember.

Posted in WaPo.

Also the Guardian reports same news. Read this article and I was astonished.

The Climate Change issue has no political color so I refrain to comment this news but I wish to report the opinion of Cristina Polizzi on this matter.

Christina Polizzi of Climate Power told the Guardian that Trump was “putting the future of the planet up for sale”.

Last edited:
Also the Guardian reports same news. Read this article and I was astonished.

The Climate Change issue has no political color so I refrain to comment this news but I wish to report the opinion of Cristina Polizzi on this matter.

Christina Polizzi of Climate Power told the Guardian that Trump was “putting the future of the planet up for sale”.
Wish to report this link about the Commitment of Climate Power for the Climate Change issue.

A politician without a Policy. His only concern is to line his own pockets and those of his mega-rich friends. He talks in sound bites, just makes noises. He is a genuine danger to the world balance and to the US and West. He refers to Putin, Xi, Kim, etc as 'good people'. He says he will welcome Putin into any country that doesn't support Ukraine, whilst stopping any bill that will give Biden a win. He says lots of things, none of them have any substance. His supporters say he is a good man, even a man of God, when its clear to all that neither of those statements are true. They say he will run the country like a business, forgetting this is the man who was born into money and has run 6 companies into bankruptcy. This is a man who's self-proclaimed 'star' status apparently allows him to grab girls 'by the p***y'. He managed to take abortion rights back what, 140 years? He has spent more time in the courts than Roger Federer. His only Policy is a Slogan. MAGA. So that implies America is not great. When did it stop being great and why didn't he fix it first time around? How is he going to make it great? By withdrawing from Paris, NATO, etc? By reducing taxes on the mega-rich (which he has said he will do) and removing health-care? By not supporting Ukraine? How exactly is he going to do anything that is of any use to anyone? Biden may be looking his age, but his brain is still working well. And at least he is a Politician, with Policies. The very fact DJT is even in the running is a slight on the US and a worry for all of us.

Good.

Joe Biden allocated $7.5B to new chargers and built 7 total.

Remember at the beginning of his campaign when he promised to build an EV charger at every highway offramp? I remember.
Get some details before spewing...States and the charger industry blame the delays mostly on the labyrinth of new contracting and performance requirements they have to navigate to receive federal funds. While federal officials have authorized more than $2 billion of the funds to be sent to states, fewer than half of states have even started to take bids from contractors to build the chargers — let alone begin construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.