Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: 3x - 4x mph Refreshed Model S (LR and Plaid) Vibration issue build / VIN ranges

IF you have this vibration, what are your first three (of last six) VIN digits?

• Less than MF432x

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43201 - MF436x

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF43601 - MF439

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43901 - MF443

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF44301 - MF447

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • MF44701 - MF452

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • MF45201 - >MF455

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 2022 NF series

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model S Long Range vin last 6 MF4334xx, MFG date 06/21. 2021.44.6 Noticed the vibration leaving the Tesla Dealer upon delivery. 2 service appoints both times they claim vibration is normal. Hard to believe a 100k vehicle would be engineered to have vibration under acceleration as a “Feature”. I’ve owned M3 Dual Motor and MY Performance neither had the vibration and groaning sound feature. Most repeatable under about 1/4-1/2 accelerator press from 38mph and up. Seems at its worst if climbing a steep hill at around 68-72 MPH, because of the need for additional power the vibration will continue the entire time up the hill. Launching is dramatic, however with all the variables I can’t say that it’s any worse. There is absolutely something wrong, guests in my Tesla MS LR Refresh have commented, quote “That doesn’t sound good”. Tesla is losing ground, even with fans such as myself. This Model S may be for sale in near future.

Attachments

• FCFEA71B-8863-4116-AAF3-A831FE12E255.jpeg
    FCFEA71B-8863-4116-AAF3-A831FE12E255.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 79
  • A6FB1AF0-6055-496E-A085-6CA23436D214.jpeg
    A6FB1AF0-6055-496E-A085-6CA23436D214.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: jebinc
2021 Model S Long Range vin last 6 MF4334xx, MFG date 06/21. 2021.44.6 Noticed the vibration leaving the Tesla Dealer upon delivery. 2 service appoints both times they claim vibration is normal. Hard to believe a 100k vehicle would be engineered to have vibration under acceleration as a “Feature”. I’ve owned M3 Dual Motor and MY Performance neither had the vibration and groaning sound feature. Most repeatable under about 1/4-1/2 accelerator press from 38mph and up. Seems at its worst if climbing a steep hill at around 68-72 MPH, because of the need for additional power the vibration will continue the entire time up the hill. Launching is dramatic, however with all the variables I can’t say that it’s any worse. There is absolutely something wrong, guests in my Tesla MS LR Refresh have commented, quote “That doesn’t sound good”. Tesla is losing ground, even with fans such as myself. This Model S may be for sale in near future.
Darn forgot mileage… 3500 miles

Reactions: GroovaEV and jebinc

Agreed. Not normal. My Model S P90DL didn't have this vibration, nor my P3D or my RWD model 3. They messed something up in the design of the new drive shafts.

Yeah, they don't really test these changes enough before putting them into production. It should have been easy to catch this in testing. They should have also noticed the buzz from the yoke, the passenger door not closing right, the hooting from the rear view mirror...
To be fair, my passenger door not closing without more force fixed itself as it got used more. It’s the rubber gasket which the window hits that is causing it. If you put the passenger window down it fixes it, as does just through use.

To be fair, my passenger door not closing without more force fixed itself as it got used more. It’s the rubber gasket which the window hits that is causing it. If you put the passenger window down it fixes it, as does just through use.
Interesting. Mine seems different. I think mine is from the triangular glass hitting the gasket. I don't think rolling down the window helps. Yeah, it's gotten a bit better with usage, but it still takes more force than the other three doors by a lot.

Interesting. Mine seems different. I think mine is from the triangular glass hitting the gasket. I don't think rolling down the window helps. Yeah, it's gotten a bit better with usage, but it still takes more force than the other three doors by a lot.
All gasket related that I can tell. It really did help most if not all people just using it more and more. My wife is the one on the passenger side most often so she had mentioned it a lot right when I got the car. Always having to open and close the door with more force…

But not in a while now.

Reactions: cwanja