Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - Are you waiting for the infrastructure bill before ordering?

For those in the market for a tesla - what of the below options do you belong to?

• I can wait - and I am going to wait until at least august (when they hope bill will pass)

Votes: 65 19.8%
  • I can wait - and I am going to wait until at the bill passes (August 2024.....)

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • I can wait - and am ordering now and accepting deliverh ASAP

Votes: 49 14.9%
  • I cannot wait - and am ordering now and accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • I cannot wait - but I am going to milk my current situation to maybe get until august

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Undecided and will make a rash decision as I have ADHD

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • I would pay 2X MSRP for a tesla because I make bank, therefore accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I currently have a Tesla and will trade in for a different vehicle when incentives pass

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • I currently have a Tesla and am trading in before incentives pass

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • I am going to keep my current Tesla for at least 2+ years and incentives will not change that

Votes: 24 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm torn here. I have an LFP that should be ready this week or next for pickup. I don't need a new car now but I finally pulled the trigger to get the LFP. I have another car already so I'm wondering if it might be best to switch my order to something that won't be available until next year so I can see how this plays out.

I think the reconciliation bill will be passed in the next month or so. I also believe that there will be *a* change to the current EV tax credits in the reconciliation bill. Specifically, I think the OEM cap removal and making the credit fully refundable/transferable will make it through. The union part and/or the made in USA part may get reworked. I'm definitely going to wait and see before purchasing a Tesla.

If that date (after December 31, 2021) sticks and the bill passes, it will be interesting to see what Tesla does/offers as an incentive for the end of the year crowd. Their 4th quarter US numbers could take a hit since that is usually the majority of US deliveries and I'm guessing there will be quite a few that will hold off on delivery for a few weeks to get the tax credit. That could put a big dent in sales numbers for that quarter.

If that date (after December 31, 2021) sticks and the bill passes, it will be interesting to see what Tesla does/offers as an incentive for the end of the year crowd. Their 4th quarter US numbers could take a hit since that is usually the majority of US deliveries and I'm guessing there will be quite a few that will hold off on delivery for a few weeks to get the tax credit. That could put a big dent in sales numbers for that quarter.
Imagine a mass vehicle delivery event on New Years right after midnight. How much fun would that be?

My 3 EDD date is 9-24-30, I'm not taking delivery before the bill is voted on. Worth waiting a few months to get a 15% price cut. But with the 3 not having a price bump lately I'm guessing Elon will use this and the worldwide supply shortages as an opportunity to increase the price at least a couple thousand, and probably the same for the FSD now that it's closer to a real thing. We just live in his world.

Hi,

I am planning to order tesla model 3 SR+, As per new EV tax credit bill tesla would be eligible to get at least $7500. I see delivery is showing now march-2022 so I believe even if I order today my VIN will get generated in 2022 and I should able to eligible for this. What is your comment on this.
This is my plan. I ordered last week when it said Feb delivery. Of course my EDD right now says Oct 20-Nov 19. I have no intention of taking delivery until 2022 unless they offer something spectacular to compensate. There will be enough people that need the car RIGHT NOW that Tesla will do fine in Q4.

This is my plan. I ordered last week when it said Feb delivery. Of course my EDD right now says Oct 20-Nov 19. I have no intention of taking delivery until 2022 unless they offer something spectacular to compensate. There will be enough people that need the car RIGHT NOW that Tesla will do fine in Q4.
I am new to tesla but as far as I know once EDD you receive you can not hold your delivery and that time VIN number will get generated so you might fall in to 2021 and away from tax credit. I am unable to understand what exactly I shall do to get delivery in 2022.

Hi,

I am planning to order tesla model 3 SR+, As per new EV tax credit bill tesla would be eligible to get at least $7500. I see delivery is showing now march-2022 so I believe even if I order today my VIN will get generated in 2022 and I should able to eligible for this. What is your comment on this.

My 3 EDD date is 9-24-30, I'm not taking delivery before the bill is voted on. Worth waiting a few months to get a 15% price cut. But with the 3 not having a price bump lately I'm guessing Elon will use this and the worldwide supply shortages as an opportunity to increase the price at least a couple thousand, and probably the same for the FSD now that it's closer to a real thing. We just live in his world.

Folks, it is well established that the date used for Fed taxes is based on when you pick up your vehicle (placed in service date) and not related to the VIN 'date'.
Form stating placed in service: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8910.pdf

I hope they don't. I hit order once the EDD was January. I'd like to take delivery in January. Don't see why they should raise the price. But who knows

They're currently selling more cars than they can make.
If a rebate creates an incentive that lowers pricing across the board, they'll be selling even more cars they can't make.

Why don't you think they'll raise prices?