Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: How do you feel about Grill-less front end styling?

How do you feel about current Model 3 Front Grill?

• It's fine, don't change it.

Votes: 243 70.4%
  • It's tolerable (I would still buy), but prefer change

Votes: 89 25.8%
  • It's intolerable, if it doesn't change, I would not buy a Model 3

Votes: 13 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are lot of people posting alternate grill designs. I would like to get a view of how many people really don't like it.

I think it is just something new and distinct. Tesla should stick with it, and eventually it could be as iconic as the Porsche 911 front end. They definitely shouldn't use a fake grill IMO.

Reactions: Lunarx
The front end needs a little massaging and visual interest. I'm not sure if a "grille" is the right way to do it, but either way it's not a big concern for me.

The biggest objection seems to be the fact that most people are accustomed to cars having big gaping holes in the front of them, so that's what we expect. It would seem there's plenty of opportunity to make a clean break from the past while also designing something beautiful and efficient/aerodynamic.

Reactions: Lunarx
The biggest objection seems to be the fact that most people are accustomed to cars having big gaping holes in the front of them, so that's what we expect.

No.

Everybody here isn't concerned with the lack of grill, they are concerned that the shape is strange.

All of us expected no grill or very minimal grill (a la Model X) and that is what we got, but we also got a weird misshapen potato shape out of it. People aren't happy about that.

I really need to see it in person.
The nose really stands out at the reveal when the cars are on stage, but that's not a normal angle. I don't think I have a clear idea of what it looks like in person.
However, I'm not cancelling my reservation, or my purchase based on what the nose looks like.

The nose looks better from some angles than it does from some others. I'm fine with the way it currently looks, but I'm not opposed to some tweaking to smooth out some of the bluntness... as long as this redesign doesn't negativity impact aerodynamics or the production schedule. But absolutely no grill!

I actually started liking it as is from the reveal, so my vote is to leave it as is. I looked at several grill ideas here and then looking at the pictures/videos showing the 3 in the wild and I am questioning why does it have to have something unnecessary on the front bumper? Its simple, aggressive, streamlined that looks really attractive. One added bonus is that license plate will fit nicely in front for me.

I picked the "it's fine" option but I think it's MORE than fine. I love it. I took me about 5 minutes looking at it to feel comfortable with it.... But then it looked just right. I think that's a sign of how progressive it is that it feels odd initially, because it jumps to a new place.

I think it's really modern and forward thinking. I think once these cars get on the road people are going to really fall in love with them from an aesthetic point of view.

That's how I feel anyway!

• Love
Reactions: MP3Mike