Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, now it's been long enough that they should have made the easy fixes, like more icons and returning things to the top of the screen.
At this rate, I bet I'll be able to trade the Y in for the equivalent MB or Subaru/Toyota before getting reasonable controls back on the screen (including equivalent range and charging networks).

Basically, I have no confidence anything will ever be reliably updated. Might get the icon to add to the tray, but then all the windows only roll up half way or something. No idea why things that work well (like Y hatch opening, heat pumps) are being affected by UI changes. Sending commands to a sub system to do what it does shouldn't change how the sub system works. It doesn't care where the command came from, right?

UI still majorly broke, latest update breaks trunk too. Now we duck down to get into the trunk, similar to having to dig through menus to manage climate settings.

I'd like my driver door to stop opening so that I can climb in and out through the backseats... how much will that upgrade cost?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Still not liking v11. I thought I was supposed to get used to it?
I'm used to it. Still hate it.

I've used the ability to edit a multi stop trip a couple of times - that's nice. I can't think of a single other aspect to V11 that's an improvement. I see pictures of the old interface and want to cry. (I'm still on 2021.44.30.21, so it's possible that more recent versions have put out part of the dumpster fire.)

I see pictures of the old interface and want to cry. (I'm still on 2021.44.30.21, so it's possible that more recent versions have put out part of the dumpster fire.)

I very much also wish to have v10 back. No updates to v11 have fixed anything significant. Only thing I see is that profiles and icons were added back to the top.

Some of the updates since v11 have actually broken more things... the charge port and trunk opening. I make software. It's *really* hard to understand how they managed to make my trunk only open halfway. Something very wrong is going on at Tesla.

I very much also wish to have v10 back. No updates to v11 have fixed anything significant. Only thing I see is that profiles and icons were added back to the top.

Some of the updates since v11 have actually broken more things... the charge port and trunk opening. I make software. It's *really* hard to understand how they managed to make my trunk only open halfway. Something very wrong is going on at Tesla.

When your trunk is open push it all the way fully open, then "press and hold" the button to close it until you hear it beep. Then it will remember that height.

I am in the category of having 'mostly gotten used to it' at this point. I liked some of the changes from the outset, while others I disliked and I thought overall that the interface required more work. I wish that Tesla had done a bit more, faster to improve things, but at the same time I can't say that it bothers me all that much on a day-to-day basis. Also, I am not having any of the experiences some others report of the new interface actually having 'broken' underlying functionality.

This one should be good...
The #1 customization ability that I would like to have is an ability to get rid of the car visualization that takes up a good deal of the most prominent part of the screen - or to set the visualization to appear only in certain situations - and to replace that screen space with useful features and controls.

The #1 customization ability that I would like to have is an ability to get rid of the car visualization that takes up a good deal of the most prominent part of the screen - or to set the visualization to appear only in certain situations - and to replace that screen space with useful features and controls.
I like the car visualisation…it’s reassuring…and if the 3D visualisation arrives that part of the screen will be even more important. I would get rid of the black stripe at the bottom of the screen (pure waste of pixels) and just let the icons be on top of the graphics

Reactions: rjpjnk
I like the car visualisation…it’s reassuring…and if the 3D visualisation arrives that part of the screen will be even more important. I would get rid of the black stripe at the bottom of the screen (pure waste of pixels) and just let the icons be on top of the graphics
“Reassuring”? The question I would ask is whether it is “useful”. My own take on that is generally no. The only time that it is useful for me is providing information on proximity when I am parking. I’d be happy if the visualization were limited to being a pop-up display for that situation.

Welp… different strokes for different folks, I guess. I still loathe v11, even with the small backtracking changes. The other day, I found myself wishing I had my previous LEAF back with physical buttons.
That's funny ( and sad) I had a leaf and there is nothing I'd ever want to see on a Tesla. I do understand some people like buttons, but they should buy a different brand. Some friends bought a Porsche Taycan purely because they like buttons and that classic feel, they were even told by the sales rep they are far behind Tesla in Tech.