Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many miles were on the car when you took delivery?

It would interesting to have data on how many "full throttle" pulls everyone has done as well as whether or not they have the vibration. Good chance there is a correlation. If you own a Plaid, you are pretty much obligated to do a full send with every new person that rides with you.
Since you asked, I have done full throttle pulls almost every day since delivery in 8/2021. I also run it at the drag strip so have hit some high speeds as well. I now have about 28k miles on the car and still no vibration at any speed.

Can you share the part number. Curious if all SC can get them
Still the same old part number, but the service manager said it was an "engineering sample" of a new version of the part from the supplier with tighter tolerances. Invoice below.

1680802026950.png

Still the same old part number, but the service manager said it was an "engineering sample" of a new version of the part from the supplier with tighter tolerances. Invoice below.

View attachment 925674
Was it covered under warranty? I’m not sure I trust it being the same part number. Tesla is good at updating revision/part numbers for any type of changes. Definitely following this thread.

My vibrations started over 1000 miles. Exactly as described in this thread. Very subtle but noticeable once it’s there. I feel it most from the accelerator pedal. I’ve been following @WilliamG Model S post’s/dilemmas (thanks for your contributions).

I lucked out with my Plaid. Great build, only issue to date is this vibration. Not even the rear tire wear, etc…

• Love
Reactions: WilliamG
Was it covered under warranty? I’m not sure I trust it being the same part number. Tesla is good at updating revision/part numbers for any type of changes. Definitely following this thread.

My vibrations started over 1000 miles. Exactly as described in this thread. Very subtle but noticeable once it’s there. I feel it most from the accelerator pedal. I’ve been following @WilliamG Model S post’s/dilemmas (thanks for your contributions).

I lucked out with my Plaid. Great build, only issue to date is this vibration. Not even the rear tire wear, etc…
Yes, covered under warranty all three times they have replaced my half shafts.

Reactions: Luisito