Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI.. Just saw this on the Service Manual Release notes for this week: (EDIT: I didn't realize it was just an update to an already developed procedure).

Halfshaft replacement..

Wonder when this was developed, just got my March MSP.. only had it a week, so too many new things to look out for, not sure if I've really had any vibrations or not..

This is for 2021+ Model S

View attachment 925943
I'll have to read the procedure. Previously they had a break in that required some full throttle accelerations.

Reactions: WilliamG
Ok Jeb/william let’s do this. I have a 2022 msp 14000 miles on it, I have put 4000 on it in 40 days. The only vibration I get is the first drive from 20 mph to about 45 and it only last about 2 miles. I have a set of all season tires and another set of summer’s both (19). The all season tires never fully hook up.
the other vibration is during hard acceleration, almost like a traction clicking limit of differential braking having a little work to do to keep the front straight.
After tires are warm it’s smooth as my other two teslas. Model 3 performance. I would guess the front tires are loosing a little traction causing vibrations. I can minimize the clicking or vibration by using sport and having warmer tires and good concrete to launch. Asphalt is not the best surface to launch the Plaid where I live. Temps when cooler show this vibrations more.
This issue discussed here is nothing to do with Sport/Auto/Comfort whatever. It vibrates the same in either mode. The vibration on hard acceleration is normal, - that's a LOT of power being thrown through the car, though, ironically, you do feel the vibration more as it passes quickly through that 40-50mph zone, which is clearly the trouble spot for these cars.

This issue discussed here is nothing to do with Sport/Auto/Comfort whatever. It vibrates the same in either mode. The vibration on hard acceleration is normal, - that's a LOT of power being thrown through the car, though, ironically, you do feel the vibration more as it passes quickly through that 40-50mph zone, which is clearly the trouble spot for these cars.
Then I have 14000 miles on my Plaid and it is vibration free. I would argue abnormally smooth.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
I have vibration:

First part of drive starting low to mid 30 mph

Low throttle input 40s mph

Under hard acceleration

3 variations of vibration. 4000 miles.
Yep, the first one is every 2022+ car (2021s oddly did not exhibit this), second one is *every* car (maybe not @Duke846 but dubious etc etc), and third is every car, - just the nature of putting stupid power through a car. The last one doesn't bother me since it's kinda exciting. But it's definitely not a smooth accelerating car like my Model 3 Performance was.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I felt this in the LR MS when I was accelerating, it was a vibration through the yoke.. this is normal?

I have an upcoming service appointment next week to fix some other things, but it looks like I should bring up the vibration again. Hopefully, they'll replace the half shafts this time. Fingers crossed

Does anyone have more information on the service bulletin? Like a number or printout or something?