Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

"However, Musk is candid about the challenges ahead, particularly the regulatory hurdles that Tesla must overcome. He predicts that full autonomy could be achievable within five years, contingent upon navigating the intricate landscape of government regulations and ensuring the technology meets rigorous safety standards."
Yea, that's the ticket. If only they didn't have those regulations to contend with FSD would be Level Infinite and beyond. 🤣

Seems Tesla should start testing a 12.2 or at the very least a 12.1.3 version by now. When FSD Beta first came out it would have a new version every week. We need to see some progress made if we are going to have any hope of it going public in the 1st qt. Even under the best conditions rollouts take a few weeks and 2ed qt is coming fast.

FSD and 1st quarter. To quote Larry the Cable Guy: “Now that’s funny I don’t care who you are.”
I agree but Teslascope is giving a double your money back guarantee by 1st qt. So I'm hoping for later so we can all CASH in.💰🤣

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 10.58.37 AM.png

Sounds like it's still very limited. Dirty T had to ask to be included in this release.
Hopefully (hope springs eternal) we will see 12.2 or 12.2.1 go out to influencers (not just Omar or other SF influencers like AI drivr may get it) like Dirty Tesla and Chuck Cook (though he may be in time out in the naughty house :oops: 😂). Once released to influencers we can plausibly see a "light at the end of the tunnel" release date coming in 3 to 6 weeks. So there is still a SLIM possibility we could see it at least start rolling out before the end of 1 qt. But until it is released to influencers we have no way of accurately predicting (kinda oxymoronish 🤔 🤣) a release date.

Last edited:
Just a guess that V12 for the wider rollout may be sooner then the end of Q1 since Tesla has not pushed out the graphic icon update to FSD owners which they must do. (At least I don't believe Tesla has). That being said a chance Tesla will combine V12 with that icon update at least for HW3 owners in February.

Just a guess that V12 for the wider rollout may be sooner then the end of Q1 since Tesla has not pushed out the graphic icon update to FSD owners which they must do. (At least I don't believe Tesla has). That being said a chance Tesla will combine V12 with that icon update at least for HW3 owners in February.
If need be, Tesla could push out the icon recall on another 2023.44.30 release without V12. It appears to be taking about three weeks for each V12 release. Assuming that 12.2 goes to the OG group, There will likely be at least one more release before the software begins slowly rolling out to us commoners.

At best, this might happen in mid-March. But, if it takes two more release, we're looking at April, which is my original estimate.

What I've seen in Whole Mars' videos looks very promising, so maybe mid-March...

Reactions: DanCar and JB47394
Imagine my surprise when I saw this TeslaScope post. I've been pushing L3 for a long time and pretty much get ignored by everyone on this forum.
Now TeslaScope could be way off but still nice to see another reference to L3 being a possibility. If Tesla did L3 even if just on access controlled highways and enabled video on the display the FSD take right would increase dramatically IMO. Now also do that on city/streets too and FSD's take rate would increase even more. It would be a great stepping stone to L4/L5 and reasonable.

I think they should develop an algo to figure out who is less likely to have an accident with v12. Certainly people who have had strikes would be excluded. People who have to be nagged often eliminated? Does the car count near misses?
If it's as good as Whole Mars makes it out to be, then those who are the worst drivers would benefit the most from it, eh?