Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Who bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh instead of waiting?

Instead of waiting for Model 3, who have bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh?

• Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (first time owning Tesla)

Votes: 36 18.6%
  • Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (previously own Tesla/ own multiple Tesla)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Yes, I am getting BOTH Model S/X 60 and Model 3

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Yes, seriously considering Model S/X 60

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Not sure/ Neutral

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • No, I can only afford Model 3 financially, and I will wait

Votes: 77 39.7%
  • No, I will use that money to buy TWO or more Model 3 instead.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • No, Model S/X is too big for me, or I don't like it. I will wait for Model 3

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • No, my current Tesla is just fine

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • No, I don't currently own Tesla and don't plan to buy any Tesla in the future

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That means you are planning to get Model 3?
Yep - can't wait :) I ordered 2 pre-announcement. One was while standing in line and the other was a few hours later (I should have done it right away looking back at it though).

I can make a Model 3 work even if I have to pay higher rates for my charging than I would like and be a little away from my home or work. I'm hoping the situation improves, but I should be fine either way.

If Tesla were to come up to me and offer a Model S 75D for an absurdly low price equivalent to a Model 3, I would go for it, but otherwise, it just too much in the way of cost, space, insurance, etc. for me to want to bother.

Yep - can't wait :) I ordered 2 pre-announcement. One was while standing in line and the other was a few hours later (I should have done it right away looking back at it though).

I can make a Model 3 work even if I have to pay higher rates for my charging than I would like and be a little away from my home or work. I'm hoping the situation improves, but I should be fine either way.

If Tesla were to come up to me and offer a Model S 75D for an absurdly low price equivalent to a Model 3, I would go for it, but otherwise, it just too much in the way of cost, space, insurance, etc. for me to want to bother.
Good for you.

Been looking at getting a Tesla for over a year. And seriously on a Model S since July. But being a responsible adult with young kids makes me think i might be better off saving the money for kids education. Sucks to be responsible!
The electrician came by today to give a quote on the new NEMA 14-50 plug in the garage. (Quoted $1185 here in Atlanta Area for those who are curious).
Currently have three different spreadsheets to work the numbers for me. Some include the idea that I will trade in the S for the Model 3 that i have pre-ordered. Others have me keeping the S for ten years. All of which cant calculate the happiness, joy, and exhilaration of being behind the wheel of an awesome automotive revolution!
After i pay my estimated taxes this week I will probably pull the trigger if cash flow looks good for the rest of the year. And i can meet my savings goals for the little ones.

I voted for the S60, but instead I found a used 85D. I love the car and I am so happy to be a Tesla owner.

I will most likely use my Model 3 reservation to replace my Volt when the time comes.

GSP

Reactions: Red Sage
I couldn't wait so I bought a S60 and my wife will be getting the Model 3.

I'm thinking the same but depending on my test drive of a MS60 on Thursday, I'm also thinking about a P90D.

For some reason, I like midsize cars more than the larger luxury models. Our 2006 Lexus LS430 is a great car but I rarely drive it. I prefer the size of our newer Prius and I'm totally hooked on hatch backs.

Been looking at getting a Tesla for over a year. And seriously on a Model S since July. But being a responsible adult with young kids makes me think i might be better off saving the money for kids education. Sucks to be responsible!
The electrician came by today to give a quote on the new NEMA 14-50 plug in the garage. (Quoted $1185 here in Atlanta Area for those who are curious).
Currently have three different spreadsheets to work the numbers for me. Some include the idea that I will trade in the S for the Model 3 that i have pre-ordered. Others have me keeping the S for ten years. All of which cant calculate the happiness, joy, and exhilaration of being behind the wheel of an awesome automotive revolution!
After i pay my estimated taxes this week I will probably pull the trigger if cash flow looks good for the rest of the year. And i can meet my savings goals for the little ones.
The price quote for NEMA installation is nuts. There are a few videos on Youtube that show people how to install in-home EV charging. The cost of buying the materials for NEMA 14-50 installation is literally less than 30 bucks.

I'm thinking the same but depending on my test drive of a MS60 on Thursday, I'm also thinking about a P90D.

For some reason, I like midsize cars more than the larger luxury models. Our 2006 Lexus LS430 is a great car but I rarely drive it. I prefer the size of our newer Prius and I'm totally hooked on hatch backs.
Then Model 3 is perfect for you.

That is an absurd quote, did you tell this person it was for a Tesla? If so don't do that. My install plus a run to an installation of an outside outlet on another side of the house was 650. He did an excellent job because he put in both the tesla wall charger, and then a nema 14-50 next to it (same circuit so only one can be used at a time, but FLEXIBLE).

IMG_20160911_151405.jpg

That is an absurd quote, did you tell this person it was for a Tesla? If so don't do that. My install plus a run to an installation of an outside outlet on another side of the house was 650. He did an excellent job because he put in both the tesla wall charger, and then a nema 14-50 next to it (same circuit so only one can be used at a time, but FLEXIBLE).

View attachment 194431
looks like you posted this in the wrong thread.

Variation on a theme:

Assuming we'll see some 2014 CPO Model S's with Autopilot in about a year or so, would you more strongly consider a CPO Model S60 w/AP vs. Model 3?

Disclosure: I am considering exactly this...I wonder what the starting price in 2017 for a lower end 2014 CPO Model S60 with Autopilot will be? I'm a drummer and regularly schlep gear around and space is a minor concern for me with model 3.

Variation on a theme:

Assuming we'll see some 2014 CPO Model S's with Autopilot in about a year or so, would you more strongly consider a CPO Model S60 w/AP vs. Model 3?

Disclosure: I am considering exactly this...I wonder what the starting price in 2017 for a lower end 2014 CPO Model S60 with Autopilot will be? I'm a drummer and regularly schlep gear around and space is a minor concern for me with model 3.
You may want to consider the much improved supercharging speed for the recent models. I believe the improvement does NOT apply to older Tesla cars like the 85 kwh battery. If you do a lot of home charging and rarely use supercharger, then it is not an issue.

I'm thinking that the M3 will have heads-up display, and that would be really cool.

I had heads up display in my 2002 Corvette. Thought it was overrated. Perhaps it's much better today. I'm anxious to use AP to its fullest extent. "Set it and forget it!" Ya, I'll keep my hands on the wheel until all the disclaimers are removed, but I'm not interested in starring at the inside of my windshield with the sun in front of me.

I couldn't wait either. I would much prefer the size and price of the Model 3, but my Roadster was no longer big enough and my wife didn't want to constantly let me borrow her S, so I looked at a stripped 60D to tide me over. Ended up snagging an inventory P90DL for less on a 2-year lease, at which point I will look at the 3 again.

My wife has made is clear that she prefers her 2012 S85 to my 2015 P90DL (her color is better, and she's a bit afraid of tech features in general, including autopilot) so, darn, I have to drive the P90DL. Though I'd still rather drive the Roadster I had to give up...

Reactions: Xenius and Red Sage
I couldn't wait either. I would much prefer the size and price of the Model 3, but my Roadster was no longer big enough and my wife didn't want to constantly let me borrow her S, so I looked at a stripped 60D to tide me over. Ended up snagging an inventory P90DL for less on a 2-year lease, at which point I will look at the 3 again.

My wife has made is clear that she prefers her 2012 S85 to my 2015 P90DL (her color is better, and she's a bit afraid of tech features in general, including autopilot) so, darn, I have to drive the P90DL. Though I'd still rather drive the Roadster I had to give up...
P90DL is not as fun as a roadster? I thought the roadster is the slower one here.

Indeed, the P90DL is quite a bit quicker than the Roadster. And it has many practical advantages.

But it is also a ton heavier than the Roadster, and has electonic steering rather than direct. And the top doesn't come off, and you aren't sitting down with your butt practically scraping the road. And it is too big to feel polite when dodging through traffic.

I like the Model S a lot, but I find the Roadster far more entertaining to drive.

Last edited: