Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a difference a day makes (from sun to rain too). After forgetting my UMC and running naked. At least I had my 1722 adapter. Stopped off at the Redmond Fred Meyer to use their AeroVironment charger, and picked up 42 miles of buffer. Arrived back here now at Detroit lake with 38 miles to spare (crossing a 4800' pass).

Note the AV chargers require a call to their 888 number to activate for a one time use. I was on hold for 20 minutes to get a human. But once she had my info, she clicked it on, and it worked well. L2 providing 30A or 21mi/hr of charge.

Thanks to all of the PDXTESLA group who were there to assist with aid if I needed it. You guys rock.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Several places to charge... Aside from home, at my work's new office location, got a NEMA 14-50 installed for my use in my parking spot... Basically just carry my UMC with me all the time.

14046212480_be411c78d5_z.jpgTesla Model S Charging at work by dennis_p, on Flickr

This was yesterday at the San Juan Capistrano Supercharger. Found myself six miles away and decided to catch a charge while sitting out some traffic.

14232557544_a32d4d82f3_z.jpgSupercharging at San Juan Capistrano by dennis_p, on Flickr

My first supercharge after picking up my tesla in Miami yesterday. We stopped off in ft Myers for lunch before heading home in sarasota.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, that charge got me all the way to sarasota, took my fiancées sister home and then another trip to orlando for the weekend while being on a crawl for the better part of Tampa. I am very pleased with the range and capabilities of this car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 717
My first road-trip charge: A 100-Amp Sun Country Highway EVSE at Peavey Mart in Prince Albert, SK (May 9, 2014)

20140509_175045.jpg

It was completely ICE'd at first, but I managed to squeeze in on a diagonal and plug in. Fortunately, the offending drivers left after only a few minutes and I moved to the position in the photo.

Judging by the looks they gave my car as they pulled away, I don't think anybody had any idea what the green box on the wall was used for, so no hard feelings here.

This hypothesis was confirmed a bit later when I had a very nice conversation with a store employee about the EVSE and the car. Apparently, management had the thing installed but had neglected to inform any of the people on the ground what its purpose was or that it was even there.

I also put in about 45 minutes of "Tesla Time" with people exiting the store. All were very curious about the car and EV's in general. Made me feel pretty good, as the general consensus from local Ford and Nissan dealers was that SK residents weren't even interested in hybrids, much less fully-electric cars.

I returned to the charger this weekend (May 25, 2014) and was greeted by this addition to the location:

20140525_153010.jpg

Next time I stop by the store, I will seek out the employee I spoke to that first day and thank him. I've passed by the site several times now and it hasn't been ICE'd once.

Update 7/10/2014: It would appear the Prince Albert location is being updated in stages, since it is now a EV-only "green" space. I wonder if anyone but me charges here?

20140709_193723.jpg

Last edited:
My first road-trip charge: A 100-Amp Sun Country Highway EVSE at Peavey Mart in Prince Albert, SK (May 9, 2014)

View attachment 50189

It was completely ICE'd at first, but I managed to squeeze in on a diagonal and plug in. Fortunately, the offending drivers left after only a few minutes and I moved to the position in the photo.

Judging by the looks they gave my car as they pulled away, I don't think anybody had any idea what the green box on the wall was used for, so no hard feelings here.

This hypothesis was confirmed a bit later when I had a very nice conversation with a store employee about the EVSE and the car. Apparently, management had the thing installed but had neglected to inform any of the people on the ground what its purpose was or that it was even there.

I also put in about 45 minutes of "Tesla Time" with people exiting the store. All were very curious about the car and EV's in general. Made me feel pretty good, as the general consensus from local Ford and Nissan dealers was that SK residents weren't even interested in hybrids, much less fully-electric cars.

I returned to the charger this weekend (May 25, 2014) and was greeted by this addition to the location:

Next time I stop by the store, I will seek out the employee I spoke to that first day and thank him. I've passed by the site several times now and it hasn't been ICE'd once.

Congratulations, Car looks great. I'm sure you'll get lots more looks, thumbs up and questions. How far did you drive ?

Congratulations, Car looks great. I'm sure you'll get lots more looks, thumbs up and questions. How far did you drive ?

Thanks, Zapped!

This was the route I was most concerned about when ordering the car: ~825km round trip, no charging for 407km at a stretch and no cellular coverage for the majority of that distance! (Pretty much the ends of the earth :rolleyes:) As I predicted, I had no trouble making it the 407km. However, I did have to drive 15 kph under the speed limit in order to do so (RATED range is very optimistic in my experience).

It was oddly relaxing not needing to worry about overtaking anyone on the highway or being held up by slower-moving vehicles. Fortunately, it is a pretty low-traffic highway so I didn't create any massive convoys. Had that been the case, I would have pulled over every so often to relieve the pressure.

Pretty much my only disappointment with the car is just how hard it is to achieve RATED range (IDEAL range isn't even on the right planet!). Yes, I did a max charge and pre-heated the cabin before starting off. Didn't make much difference.

Thanks, Zapped!

This was the route I was most concerned about when ordering the car: ~825km round trip, no charging for 407km at a stretch and no cellular coverage for the majority of that distance! (Pretty much the ends of the earth :rolleyes:) As I predicted, I had no trouble making it the 407km. However, I did have to drive 15 kph under the speed limit in order to do so (RATED range is very optimistic in my experience).

It was oddly relaxing not needing to worry about overtaking anyone on the highway or being held up by slower-moving vehicles. Fortunately, it is a pretty low-traffic highway so I didn't create any massive convoys. Had that been the case, I would have pulled over every so often to relieve the pressure.

Pretty much my only disappointment with the car is just how hard it is to achieve RATED range (IDEAL range isn't even on the right planet!). Yes, I did a max charge and pre-heated the cabin before starting off. Didn't make much difference.
I find the rated range to be spot on driving on the flatlands of Florida. :smile: