Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Initial Problems with the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2 day old car has these problems:

1. Passenger FW door only opens 75% sometimes.
2. New rear seats too hard to delatch
3. Charge port does not respond to supercharger or mobile charger
4. Rear chrome trim is off
5. Driver door only partially auto opens sometimes
6. Driver door sometimes opens and closes without being near

Service is due still for some of the above but not likely until mid to late May.

WOW! Except for the chrome trim and rear seat issue (mine haven't been replaced yet), this is almost the exact same list of problems I gave to my service advisor last week. (I even said 75%.)

Additionally, my 90D was shimmying on the right front axle. They've had the car for nearly a week and can't tell me when I'll get it back. They air freighted a new axle to my SC and now they are flying in an engineer from Palo Alto to try to figure what's wrong. They have been EXTREMELY polite and stayed in constant contact. I have NO complaints about the service staff, however, my frustration with not having my brand new (haven't even had it a month) $125,000 new car is wearing thin. It's been so embarrassing when people ask to see my Model X and I have to tell them "sorry, it's in the shop." I've had out of town family, friends, and colleagues who all wanted to see/drive it and I've had to cancel or reschedule with them. I FULLY appreciate that this is a first year model and a highly technical computer on wheels, but it's still very frustrating. I sure hope they can get these bugs issues worked out quickly.

My dashboard got completely blackout today.
The car is still drivable, but I dont know how fast i am going.
Anyone experience the same thing?
Did you press and hold both scroll wheels for it to reboot?
He'll have to do the same on the buttons above the scroll wheels to reset the dash. This resets the big display.

Hey Folks
Anyone has experienced wind noise on the passenger side window, toward the front? Today while I was on 405 freeway, I have noticed a loud wind noise coming from passenger side, it's like the window did not rolled all the way up. When i step outside and checked, the window indeed did not roll all the way up, but pressing the up button did not roll up any further. So i rolled the window all the way down and up again. No more wind noise after that. Anyone else has experienced this problem?

Thanks.
ModelXBoy

Last edited:
Hey Folks
Anyone have experience wind noise on the passenger side window, toward the front?

The seal on the quarter glass ahead of the driver's side window is buckled on our X and we have whistling there. The SC is dealing with that right now, along with a handful of other minor issues. I haven't had window calibration issues, but they're not unheard of in this forum. If your up/down fixed it, the rest of your seals are probably fine.

The seal on the quarter glass ahead of the driver's side window is buckled on our X and we have whistling there. The SC is dealing with that right now, along with a handful of other minor issues. I haven't had window calibration issues, but they're not unheard of in this forum. If your up/down fixed it, the rest of your seals are probably fine.

Yeah. Thanks for the quick reply. I think the window is not all the way up because of a glitch. Once you roll down and up again, you reset the window. Is rolling the window all the way down and up again resets the window? If not how do you reset the window?

• Funny
Reactions: Drivin
Yeah. Thanks for the quick reply. I think the window is not all the way up because of a glitch. Once you roll down and up again, you reset the window. Is rolling the window all the way down and up again resets the window? If not how do you reset the window?
I did a brief search but can't find the post. Someone else had this problem and had some good feedback on how to fix it. It was something like open it and hold the button for 10 more seconds, and then roll it all the way up and keep holding it for 10 seconds past fully closed. But I don't think that's exactly it. @Mark Z might have some memory of the procedure.

Directions from SC: If you roll window down all the way, keep button fully depressed for 5 seconds to recalibrate. Then, bring it all the way back up (not using the auto up, but a half pull on the button or whatever you call it) and when it gets to the top, hold/pull the button up all the way for 5 seconds.

However, your issue may be a seal issue - my window was either a) not closing and bouncing back down or b) closing on the outside over the chrome, which created the wind noise you mention. Ultimately, SC fixed it and the "invoice" said "Window adjustment"...

I did a brief search but can't find the post. Someone else had this problem and had some good feedback on how to fix it. It was something like open it and hold the button for 10 more seconds, and then roll it all the way up and keep holding it for 10 seconds past fully closed. But I don't think that's exactly it. @Mark Z might have some memory of the procedure.

The closest thing I found was this posting :
"... I also lowered the glass window and raised it fully to recalibrate the window, since it had stopped working properly. All is working fine now."

The 5-10 second thing in the same posting was for the door calibration.

My 2 day old car has these problems:

1. Passenger FW door only opens 75% sometimes.
2. New rear seats too hard to delatch
3. Charge port does not respond to supercharger or mobile charger
4. Rear chrome trim is off
5. Driver door only partially auto opens sometimes
6. Driver door sometimes opens and closes without being near

Service is due still for some of the above but not likely until mid to late May.

2. I noted that my rear seats are "hard" to delatch, but it really just takes some getting used to. I find that if I press down on the seat while hitting the button, I can delatch it 98% of the first attempts.
5. My driver door does the same thing, even when there is nothing outside of it.

2. I noted that my rear seats are "hard" to delatch, but it really just takes some getting used to. I find that if I press down on the seat while hitting the button, I can delatch it 98% of the first attempts.
5. My driver door does the same thing, even when there is nothing outside of it.
I can't understand why seats were designed to lock in the down position. Is this in case you fly the car upside-down?

• Funny
Reactions: madodel and ssq
Look at the seal on the little panel to the front window. Make sure the last 1" or so the gasket is covering the front window and it's not behind it. If the gasket is formed right there should be a pocket for the last 1" to slide into. The rest of the gasket should be behind the front window.

So you may need to calibrate the window as ohmman has described but also guide the glass or gasket correctly as you are closing the window. Once you do this let the car set for a few days until the gasket remembers its shape, then you can return to opening/closing the windows at will.