Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My appointment was at 10am but arrived at 9.00am (I did a one way car rental from the East Midlands and it way quicker than I anticipated). At the first check-in downstairs they said I could do the 9.30am but when I went upstairs to so the second check-in (signing for the car), the sticker they gave me was for 10.00am (doh!)

When they called the 10am, you go downstairs into a basement area with lots of Telsas on display. I had to wait a painful 10 minutes in the area (music, flashing LED lights etc) then you go into the presentation area, were they push their 'mission statements' (I just wanted the car!!!) 10 minutes later (felt like 30!), they announced 10 at a time could go through to the next section and get their cars so you saw 50+ people then dashing to form a que!

It was now 10.30am. The next section is people with laptops doing some final checks then you are send outside were there is a bunch of guys rifling through a cardboard box with lots of key envelopes in no order whatsoever (you couldn't make it up, it was chaos!) If you want to skip the marketing tour, then you can't. It's like having to doing the room set route at Ikea to get to the tills!

Got in my car (90% charged!!!! - I was going back to the East Midlands so that was an utter stroke!) I'd say I drove away at 11.00am. Hope that helps.
It was similar for me turned up one hour early but had to wait to 5.10pm
5.50 went to pick up key card and they could not find it went to car where one of the helpers was with the cards after inspection of the outside got in and then cooked my bum while I figured out how to turn off the heated seat which left me with 31% battery dooh!

Attachments

• 20220219_155557.jpg
    20220219_155557.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Keldron
Just take the covers off

View attachment 771419
This is the look 👌. Will get my Gemini’s powder coated a slightly darker grey. Subtle but sporty enough and practical. Just bored of bland, black overly large wheels personally - every manufacturer is doing them these days. The geminis are a breath of fresh air for me! I’ve gone for the “murdered out” look in the past, but been there done that. More tyre options for the geminis too which I’m looking forward to coming from 21”s!

I rebooted the car (hold down both scroll wheels on steering wheel) and it connected when it restarted. I don’t think you ever see the car in the web account but the app works fine now and my premium connectivity and eap has been added
Tried this and it finally worked. Was racking my brain and looking out other threads to see if it was something to do with my Samsung phone but just seems the Car needed to be turned off and on. 🤦🏻

Reactions: olej24
Sorry for Q2) I meant on a white model Y how does your Rimitrex look vs buying the 20” inductions ?

Honesty, I'd say to me, they look just as good. I'd heard disparaging remarks about the ride quality with the 20" but liked the look of them but also wanted the Long Range version Model Y so from a look point of view, the Rimitrex, to me personally, give it a WOW feeling so I'm really glad I choose them. I think they stand out as I've a white Model Y with black seats. As with anything like this, it's always subjective and down to personal taste. 😀

wow how much charge did you have? on my 3LR I picked it up in southampton with 40% and got home to windsor with 19% - Hilton services are close by so maybe 25% battery to get there from southampton?
30%, similar destination to you. Possibly could have got home, but no power at home ironically, we're always the first to lose power and last to get it resolved whenever the wind blows, or lightning strikes.

Reactions: Mrklaw