Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you reject the delivery you end up back in the order queue. You risk not even getting it in May, depending on how many orders have come in since. And price changes do happen - my model 3 changed price a couple of times prior to delivery..

But surely Tesla honoured the price you placed the order at, did they not?

Tesla received some residual good press following the recent Rivian fiasco (where they jacked their prices by up to $20k, including for those that had pre-ordered), so it would be news to me if Tesla had been increasing prices for those who had already placed orders and put down deposits.

I asked to push my delivery back a couple of months (my current lease ends in June). This was shortly after I had been assigned a delivery date (range). No new date yet. I plan to get in touch again in early April and I don't expect a later date than July. (And nor do I expect to be charged a higher price!)

Tesla received some residual good press following the recent Rivian fiasco (where they jacked their prices by up to $20k, including for those that had pre-ordered), so it would be news to me if Tesla had been increasing prices for those who had already placed orders and put down deposits.

I asked to push my delivery back a couple of months (my current lease ends in June). This was shortly after I had been assigned a delivery date (range). No new date yet. I plan to get in touch again in early April and I don't expect a later date than July. (And nor do I expect to be charged a higher price!)
Who do u contact for this ?

No, not really, although they tried. The cost of the car reduced slightly but FSD increased more than that (by accepting the lower car price you no longer qualified for the 'offer' of cheap FSD so it wiped out the reduction and more) and they changed the free paint colour.. overall it was a slight increase on the original price.. not by much but different.

It's not one price.. more likely to be EAP than FSD these days but there's also wheels, paint, etc. that can vary which change the overall price. Tesla will allow you to keep the existing deal (which may mean paying more for accessories if eg. they've reduced the wheel price or changed the free paint colour you don't get to use that) or go onto the new one (requiring you to use the current price for everything). Which to be fair means the customer often comes out better off.. but there are decisions to be made when that happens.

To be fair they don't seem to have f..ed around in the same way with the Y.. but they are free to do so.

No, not really, although they tried. The cost of the car reduced slightly but FSD increased more than that (by accepting the lower car price you no longer qualified for the 'offer' of cheap FSD so it wiped out the reduction and more) and they changed the free paint colour.. overall it was a slight increase on the original price.. not by much but different.

It's not one price.. more likely to be EAP than FSD these days but there's also wheels, paint, etc. that can vary which change the overall price. Tesla will allow you to keep the existing deal (which may mean paying more for accessories if eg. they've reduced the wheel price or changed the free paint colour you don't get to use that) or go onto the new one (requiring you to use the current price for everything). Which to be fair means the customer often comes out better off.. but there are decisions to be made when that happens.

To be fair they don't seem to have f..ed around in the same way with the Y.. but they are free to do so.
Ah, thanks for the info.

I expect any price changes now to just be upwards. I guess there may be an issue if they change the free colour option or play around with EAP features. But with the speed at which Shanghai is producing the cars, hopefully, there is unlikely to be any changes in the period those of us are asking them to delay delivery.

Delivered yesterday. Poor light, but under the glow of the Tesla SC stall, definitely did the first of many unavoidable "car park look-backs". I know some see it as 'bland', and I definitely had a bit of doubt, but I love this colour, the multi-coat is stunning!

Summer/Winter wheels (haven't decided yet) will be off to powder-coaters next week hopefully (to match grey of the model 3 aero wheels). And AB soon after (can't resist).

Few initial thoughts from a few hours driving:

• The sound system surprised me... I was expecting goodness, but it's incredible. Best I've ever had, hands down.
  • The traction. It was slimy yesterday, but It's powered by voodoo magic apparently.
  • Panel gaps, door, boot and glass alignment all very good, and apart from a few very minor niggles on the interior that need sorting, and one AWOL PPF piece, I'm very happy.
  • The lack of a parcel shelf is a non-issue for me. No annoying noise so far, and the tints are dark enough that I'm not worried about security with the concealed storage in the boot available anyway.
  • Ryzen is incredible.
  • PPF rear panel stickers / front mud flaps are a must due to the flare on the rear. I won't be removing either for any reason.
  • Interior quality and performance befits the price, it's a lovely place to be. Small one very happy in the back.
  • The light headliner is going to be a real pain-point for marks and wear. It might be worth scotch-guarding or something. It's not a deep-pile material by any means, but there is enough depth in the weave or whatever you'd call it because I think it might be embossed not natural, that it will hold onto dirt or colour transfer from brushing it. It doesn't feel very thick either which makes me worry that cleaning may lead to discolouration and unsightly 'patches' to get anything off it. I'll be happy if proved wrong though, just something I will keep in mind. (I may force anyone I'm giving a lift to sign a waiver ;) ).
  • Boot and B-pillar plastics are solid but will scratch easily I fear.
  • The window, boot and door seals are as good as I remember from test driving.
  • The boot lid spoiler is something I'll definitely be looking at. I'm normally not a fan of stuck-on bits, but the ducktail boot lid will look even better with this to break up the painted area a bit on the back.

night-day-one.jpg

Last edited:
Delivered yesterday. Poor light, but under the glow of the Tesla SC stall, definitely did the first of many unavoidable "car park look-backs". I know some see it as 'bland', and I definitely had a bit of doubt, but I love this colour, the multi-coat is stunning!

Summer/Winter wheels (haven't decided yet) will be off to powder-coaters next week hopefully (to match grey of the model 3 aero wheels). And AB soon after (can't resist).

• The sound system surprised me... I was expecting goodness, but it's incredible. Best I've ever had, hands down.
  • The traction. It was slimy yesterday, but It's powered by voodoo magic apparently.
  • Panel gaps, door, boot and glass alignment all very good, and apart from a few very minor niggles on the interior that need sorting, and one AWOL PPF piece, I'm very happy.
  • The lack of a parcel shelf is a non-issue for me. No painful noise so far, and the tints are dark enough that I'm not worried about security with the concealed storage in the boot available anyway.
  • Ryzen is incredible.
  • PPF rear panel stickers / front mud flaps are a must due to the flare on the rear. I won't be removing either for any reason.
  • Interior quality and performance befits the price, it's a lovely place to be. Small one very happy in the back.
  • The light headliner is going to be a real pain-point for marks and wear. It might be worth scotch-guarding or something.
  • The boot lid spoiler is something I'll definitely be looking at. I'm normally not a fan of stuck-on bits, but the ducktail boot lid will look even better with this to break up the painted area a bit on the back.

View attachment 779421
Congratulations! Looks great👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻. Enjoy the MY. Have you got floor mats and the rest to keep you busy over the weekend😂?

• The lack of a parcel shelf is a non-issue for me. No annoying noise so far, and the tints are dark enough that I'm not worried about security with the concealed storage in the boot available anyway.
  • Ryzen is incredible.
  • The light headliner is going to be a real pain-point for marks and wear. It might be worth scotch-guarding or something. It's not a deep-pile material by any means, but there is enough depth in the weave or whatever you'd call it because I think it might be embossed not natural, that it will hold onto dirt or colour transfer from brushing it. It doesn't feel very thick either which makes me worry that cleaning may lead to discolouration and unsightly 'patches' to get anything off it. I'll be happy if proved wrong though, just something I will keep in mind. (I may force anyone I'm giving a lift to sign a waiver ;) ).

View attachment 779421
Nice has anyone posted a white on white pic?