Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While $10 /mo is merely a starbucks, not sure it's really worth it, at least not for me. I installed a 7" display in front of me that gives me WAZE and my speed. Tesla premium, while it does give you real time traffic, does not give you things like accidents, cops, construction, all those things that can impact your drive.

Dusplay1.jpg

Also, there are 7 items in the package (see below), 1 of which we already get (navigation) and another 4 I get because my phone is set as a mobile hot spot, so it really gets down to what I noted above, real time navigation. As for the Satellite view, who cares, it's just more clutter on the screen and adds no real value and I prefer the basic 2d and 3d view WAZE offers.

Free Trial.JPG

If Elon wants to offer a meaningful free trial, he should offer FSD to those of us that did not select it when we ordered our 3's. That would bring him the most bang for his buck.

Beyond that, allow us to buy more range and/or power when/if possible.

You’re definitely not alone. I absolutely cannot stand satellite view for road navigation purposes. Awesome for armchair exploring though. Spent countless hours on Google Earth when it came out.
This is subjective obviously, which is why I want to actually test satellite view in this complimentary period. Right now I only get the street view. I do like how clean it is but until I see it in action, I really won't get a feel for it. Pictures don't mean much to me. I might love it or hate it.

Also the traffic view might be something I really appreciate while right now I don't have a visible cue for it.

Anyone on the complementary period have satellite view enabled yet?

Reactions: Stach
I have a pre unveil day one reservation but didn’t order until after July 1st due to waiting for AWD and P variants to be announced. Got the email... :(

Odd I was able to order my first car in May, what config was missing that you had to wait on?

Me either, was quite sad about it.

I was at the very tailend of the owner priority list as our second car was going to need replacing at that point so I reserved rather late in the game. Very few owners based on our Tracking list on TMC came after me. I thought being at the end was fair and looked to be done by reservation date for that group. I had received an invite to order (2/14/18) for the LR RW car after they went through groups who owned and reserved before me but wanted to hold off for the AWD. That invite came 6/26 just before they cut off the lifetime of the car Premium Connectivity offer so I quickly jumped to order and glad I didn't wait. Was kind of wondering if SAS might be offered later and tempted to wait but my other non-Tesla car was costing us more money in repairs and really needed replacing then. At that point in time, the P models hadn't come out and not even sure the white seats were available but don't think so. When that interior config was announced my husband asked if I wanted to change my order but I was more interested in the Premium Connectivity and didn't want to lose my place in line by changing if that meant losing it. I've since forgotten when MR was introduced but think it was after 6/30/18 and we know that the SR+ and SR came after that. So really a lot of cars during the higher production runs fall into the non-lifetime Premium Connectivity category and could be a nice source of additional revenue for Tesla. I'm guessing once Starlink is up and working, Tesla will switch over to that and maybe offer more of a discount or it will simply allow them a cheaper rate and help fund capital expenditures in the future to allow them to continue to grow. They are definitely a growth company. One thing I will say is Tesla has worked to reduce the cost of the cars as they've gotten production smoothed out and cars produced upped. They said they would and they have.

My guess is that since this notice just went out today for the payment option, it might take Tesla a bit of time to turn on the trial period for people, just like OTA updates have to get sent out in batches.

Reactions: UltralightBeam
I was thrilled and surprised to have the Premium Connectivity subscription email in my inbox this morning. It took me all of 3 seconds to sign up for it. Since version 10 us SR+ owners have been able to enjoy almost all of the benefits of Prem Connectivity EXCEPT satellite and real time traffic maps. This morning I saw the car also had an update waiting for it so I assumed that was part of the subscription roll out as well.

I hopped in the car and tapped the map screen, excited to have more than just the charger location option. I tapped and tapped but no other views were available. I thought maybe a restart was needed so I first did the steering wheel only reboot and then the full restart with the brake pedal. None of it made a difference, I still only had the basic maps.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am hopping this was just another Tesla oops and it will be switched on shortly for SR+ subscription holders.

Reactions: goletaspring
For those that have an SR/SR+, and have actually SUBSCRIBED....did it charge your card right away for the 9.99? Or are we assuming they won't actually charge until end of "Trial". I ask becuase if you subscribe and you havn't been charged, tesla might take their time with the actual rollout to SR/SR+
They didn’t charge me, will be charged after the 30 day trial period.

Fred

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem
lmao this has been known for a LONG time, but now it finally goes into effect and everyone loses their minds. i'll never understand people hahah

Irrationally entitled .

We Tesla boyes live in a tiny bubble, tesla spoils us like it's children with updates and reply's to our tweets. If we took just one moment to see the costs for something like this with other companies that slice of humble pie would look reaaaaal good.

At least it's not active consistently. I just want the ability to test out the sat maps and traffic before I commit to anything. Since they are NOT charging you until the complimentary period ends, there's no real harm here at all. We just have to wait until it's really enabled for everyone.

Cmon Tesla, hurry up. :)

(I've checked twice in the last few hours, along with soft reboots, lol)

For what it's worth, I suspect Tesla will go around to giving SR/SR+ the same maps as the 3MR and up. They make reoccurring revenue now so no need to create two classes of subscribers.

I believe the implementation is a software toggle followed by reboot to enable.

However, it might require a firmware update versus a settings toggle. Waiting on @Knightshade to challenge on firmware versus software. All firmware is software but not all software is firmware. :p

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
This should confirm same maps and live data for everyone. This is the "Premium Features" page on our 3SR:
View attachment 485811
It seems pretty clear cut to me. I have no doubt sat maps and traffic will be out on SR+ very soon. It's a software change that's already possible for them to enable with the existing firmware so it's likely just a matter of getting things going on the backend with their billing system, much like how buying FSD works.

This was one of the things that got me to order my car before July 1, 2018; LR RWD. Ordered middle of June and received the car 7/3. No email about the subscription plan so I guess I'm good.

Your Account under Manage/Details should on the right side also list under Supercharger Status and Warranty include "Premium Connectivity" and list what that is for you. I ordered prior to 7/1/18 and mine lists this as Free Unlimited.

2019 Model 3 SR+. It's also in my signature :)

Signatures don't show on mobile, but do on desktop.

Also, have any SR+ owners actually see their 30 day free trial activate with regards to the satellite and traffic maps? Gave my car a reboot, and no option for other maps yet.
Rotate your phone to landscape. Signatures show up just fine.