Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a verbal agreement that they would fix the price... but they said not to expect to see it on the account page until Monday or Tuesday. Meanwhile others are already showing screen shots of their updated agreements. Sigh.

I got a verbal agreement that they would fix the price... but they said not to expect to see it on the account page until Monday or Tuesday. Meanwhile others are already showing screen shots of their updated agreements. Sigh.

I'm guessing that they're going in order of delivery dates, and it probably also depends on how busy the sales team that is doing the update is. If you're in a sleepy area without much sales maybe they have nothing better to do. Likewise some of these updates are for today/tomorrow's deliveries. Obviously they're going to want to straighten out people before they show up and if you're a week away they don't have to rush as much.

Reactions: dmurphy
I'm guessing that they're going in order of delivery dates, and it probably also depends on how busy the sales team that is doing the update is. If you're in a sleepy area without much sales maybe they have nothing better to do. Likewise some of these updates are for today/tomorrow's deliveries. Obviously they're going to want to straighten out people before they show up and if you're a week away they don't have to rush as much.

I'm sure they're going in a priority order, but feel the need for a HUGE shout out tp the Paramus NJ center ... they're AMAZING. Immediately reachable on the phone, did what they said they would, changes showing up online in my account immediately. Everything you could possibly ask for. The polar opposite of the horror stories I've read here.

My parents just took delivery of a LR RWD car Wednesday and 80 miles ago. The AWD variant is the same price now. He feels as though he has been lied because he asked if there were any price changes planned as recent as Tuesday and the response he got was "they will only go up". He has started the return process and is planning on going shopping for a BMW later today. Sort of sad. Tesla may have a chance if they called him up and offered 3-4k to keep the car. My parents are about to have a very sour, very short term experience with Tesla. They ordered the car Sunday, took delivery Wednesday and dealing with this today.

It's not the same price. It's $3k more to return the LR RWD and go to the LR AWD.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
The traditional dealer model where MSRP changes rarely, but incentives and other discounts are available leaves everyone thinking their negotiated price was amazing. Tesla's model has every prior buyer feeling like a fool.

There is a certain logic to cutting out the middle man, but I tell you, a dealer would be pushing back when cars arrived with poor build quality and scratches so we wouldn't have to develop a checklist and do a detailed inspection.

My SR+ arrived with 6 scratches I found in quick inspection. They buffed out some, but not all. The would not promise to fix or give me a Due Bill so I walked. No self respecting salesperson at a car dealer would pass off a damaged car like that. At Tesla, those delivery folks work for the factory that has the poor quality control.
I have had a new Mazda that the dealer denied the small dent was present at delivery. I took the car home in the evening after sunset and the next day I noticed it at home. Dealer flat out denied it was there.

And. The ones within the 7 day should have zero issue since the car can be returned at Tesla’s expense.
Lots of folks keep saying they should refund, however I have yet to have any luck. No response on the online customer service request, online chat referred me to a showroom, no response from our delivery advisor (ghosted following our Thursday delivery). Would be interested to see anyone that received the car the day of/following the announcement that was able to retroactively get the price difference refunded.

Lots of folks keep saying they should refund, however I have yet to have any luck. No response on the online customer service request, online chat referred me to a showroom, no response from our delivery advisor (ghosted following our Thursday delivery). Would be interested to see anyone that received the car the day of/following the announcement that was able to retroactively get the price difference refunded.

I am scheduled to get delivery in two days, but my delivery advisor told me that they are refunding folks that have not taken delivery and those that are within the 7 day delivery window. In my case, I see an amended MVPA on my tesla account and they have mailed a check for the difference in amount.

I am sure they are working on your case, but I would definitely get this done before the return window

I am scheduled to get delivery in two days, but my delivery advisor told me that they are refunding folks that have not taken delivery and those that are within the 7 day delivery window. In my case, I see an amended MVPA on my tesla account and they have mailed a check for the difference in amount.

I am sure they are working on your case, but I would definitely get this done before the return window
Our delivery advisor is completely unresponsive. Are you a home delivery or picking up at a Service Center? We are going to try to reach out to the local SC (out of state) today. My attempts to get the refund through support have so far gone no where.

Our delivery advisor is completely unresponsive. Are you a home delivery or picking up at a Service Center? We are going to try to reach out to the local SC (out of state) today. My attempts to get the refund through support have so far gone no where.

I am picking up at a delivery center. I assume you are not close to a Tesla store? If you have one nearby, you can walk and ask to return the car if the refund is not processed. Alternatively, try calling the 1-800-TESLA. The call goes to somewhere in Nevada and they usually are responsive

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I asked for a price adjustment for red paint no vin or delivery date ordered march 8 i was told i cannot unless i add autopilot. So basically the only option is add autopilot and get the car for the new price or stick with the old price module.

That makes sense, since that is the way the car is available today. I had ordered it with AP, and mine went down by $3,500, so it was a no brainer for me.

I have a Model 3 LR RWD White w/AP ordered before the pricing and spoke with sales a couple of days ago.

However, contrary to what I've read here, they only reduced $500 for the white paint. There was no reduction for the AP (I've read posts here that Tesla were reducing $1000 for that). :(