Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 LR RWD White w/AP ordered before the pricing and spoke with sales a couple of days ago.

However, contrary to what I've read here, they only reduced $500 for the white paint. There was no reduction for the AP (I've read posts here that Tesla were reducing $1000 for that). :(

Would it be possible to pm me a screenshot of the price adjustment you received? You can block out sensitive info and just keep the config (rwd) and new paint price. I'm in contact with my DS to see if an adjustment is possible. It would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Model 3 LR RWD White w/AP ordered before the pricing and spoke with sales a couple of days ago.

However, contrary to what I've read here, they only reduced $500 for the white paint. There was no reduction for the AP (I've read posts here that Tesla were reducing $1000 for that). :(

Basically, if you can configure the car today for cheaper (Less than the $500) they should honor that price. That is exactly what I got. My car would have been $3500 cheaper after the price break/paint/autopilot changes, and they fixed the contract to honor the exact new price.

I got a $5660 price adjustment just last Friday. (LR RWD)

My sales advisor was amazing throughout. He said they don’t pop up often, but when they do, they sell fast. (Since it’s not really much of a secret anymore like it used to be)

FWIW he’s sold to 3 people on these forums now. PM if you’d like his information.

Basically, if you can configure the car today for cheaper (Less than the $500) they should honor that price. That is exactly what I got. My car would have been $3500 cheaper after the price break/paint/autopilot changes, and they fixed the contract to honor the exact new price.

The delivery process at Tesla can become a dumpster fire pretty easily. They may or may not give you the same deal as someone else. Kinda random on who you talk to and if the next person will honor it.

I've considered taking delivery, returning for a full refund within 7 day limit and re-ordering. Problem is LR RWD is no longer available and I don't want to spend more to order the LR AWD. If I really can't get a price adjustment for the paint, I will accept my order as is. I've already delayed my delivery more than once in order to clear this issue up. At this point might as well take the $700 + tax hit and enjoy my car.

• Disagree
Reactions: Reeler
I've considered taking delivery, returning for a full refund within 7 day limit and re-ordering. Problem is LR RWD is no longer available and I don't want to spend more to order the LR AWD. If I really can't get a price adjustment for the paint, I will accept my order as is. I've already delayed my delivery more than once in order to clear this issue up. At this point might as well take the $700 + tax hit and enjoy my car.

LR RWD is still available but you need to call in the order or visit a store. Price is $44,500 not including AP. If you want AP it’s an additional $3K. FSD is an additional $5K on top the AP.

Hi guys,

A quick question!

I am due to pick up mu car April 16th.

My build- LR AWD, Sport wheels, white/white, AP. With the price adjustment this same car now costs $3700 less.

I am trying to get some one from Tesla on the phone for the last two hours, but no success. What are my options? Do you guys think they will do a price adjustment? If not, is the only option to refuse delivery and start all over again?

Thanks

Raj

So how did your delivery go yesterday?!?

I'm having trouble getting current pricing. I ordered just before the free AP and paint cost reduction. I asked them to adjust the price when that happened, and they said they wouldn't do it until I had a delivery date. When I got my delivery date I asked them again, and they said it would be fixed within 48 hours. It's now been 48 hours and it's not fixed. I'll call again tomorrow, but...

Any suggestion as to who actually DOES the task of correcting the price and getting a new MVPA generated, and what's the best way to get my order in their queue?

I'm having trouble getting current pricing. I ordered just before the free AP and paint cost reduction. I asked them to adjust the price when that happened, and they said they wouldn't do it until I had a delivery date. When I got my delivery date I asked them again, and they said it would be fixed within 48 hours. It's now been 48 hours and it's not fixed. I'll call again tomorrow, but...

Any suggestion as to who actually DOES the task of correcting the price and getting a new MVPA generated, and what's the best way to get my order in their queue?

FWIW mine showed the incorrect 'old' pricing until the morning of delivery. I left my sales guy a message the night before and he said they'd get it fixed. Woke up and it was correct on my Tesla account.

I'm not sure if it was automatically done by Tesla, or if sales/delivery went in and did it.

Sorry it took me a while to reply. I had to travel the day after I took delivery. Delivery experience was a pleasure; in and out in 15 minutes. Car had no issues and I am in love with the car.

I hope you picked up yours already?

I am still waiting for the refund from Tesla though

Congrats on the new car! I know the travel feeling - picked mine up after coming home from SFO for the 2nd week in a row.

I picked mine up on the 19th and I’m completely smitten with it. Just adore the thing - it’s exceeded my every expectation. 2 software updates already .... never had a car before that continues to evolve after I drive it off the lot.